One Piece Magazine Vol. 9 (April 2020)

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
You got a problem...

We know he wasnt at his peak, Oden tells him to grow...

My guess is and has always been
that 20 years ago after the battle - 18 years ago
Kaido peaked... from then till now he went on to become WSC, 1 v 1 king , Yonko.

Even if he started prime vs Oden... Kaido was still not at his peak
Again doesnt make sense.
Prime and peak are the same thing. When you are at your best.

You got a problem...

We know he wasnt at his peak, Oden tells him to grow...

My guess is and has always been
that 20 years ago after the battle - 18 years ago
Kaido peaked... from then till now he went on to become WSC, 1 v 1 king , Yonko.

Even if he started prime vs Oden... Kaido was still not at his peak
The thing is even if Kaido was in his prime, Oden just cut him in his drunken Dragon form which even G3 Elephant gun of Luffy was Pummeling....
but I also think he got stronger since then
(the strongest point of life is prime, if garp got stronger after Chinjao then that was his prime)

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Some translation from the history part from Reddit

Any other juicy stuff? @EtenBoby
So it seems the Ohara incident had a stronger effect on Kuzan. Burning Justice to Lazy Justice. The event burnt him out essentially.

It’s real cool to know he’s always admired Garp, too. Makes it more likely he’s a part of SWORD. He wants the marines to be like how he remembered it through Garp. Heroes.

- Garp clashed with Chinjao many times but he finally won against him in the flashback that we have seen .

- The fight between Garp and Chinjao was ended by using only CoA .

- Chinjao is one of the greatest pirates in West Blue .

- The reason Kyros became wild at age 15 was that two people killed his best friend.

- Despite its power, Oden was never able to sail due to his poor knowledge of navigation.

Info from Emunopla on Arlong Park.

So his mountain busting training was about CoA:bamathink:
To think that Luffy needed to go G3 + CoA to partially replicate what Garp did with only his CoA is insane on Garp’s part :crazwhat:
I guess Garp’s used advanced CoA :quest:
Did you read what Old man Hyougoro said to Luffy in chapter 946, he said that base Luffy would be able to stop Big Mom dead in her tracks when he mastered Advanced Armament Haki level 1 Barrier. Which Luffy finally did in chapter 955. Now, base Luffy will be able to block kaido club hits with Advanced Armament Haki.

Did you read what Old man Hyougoro said to Luffy in chapter 946, he said that base Luffy would be able to stop Big Mom dead in her tracks when he mastered Advanced Armament Haki level 1 Barrier. Which Luffy finally did in chapter 955. Now, base Luffy will be able to block kaido club hits with Advanced Armament Haki.
you know he should, just like how he was exchanging Blows with Katakuri he should now be able to do similar with Kaido.... Luffy got direct hit to face how can people justify that as luffy not being able to block if he actually defends unlike when he got hit in face, Oden also was One Shotted when he got direct hit on the back of his head, doesnt mean he cant block Kaido's attacks :goyea:

if he isnt then why is he out there planning to fight kaido
what is someone who is yc3 going to do against him
lol
isnt law doing the same ? the same Law who was defeated by Joker but now Law is able to Face Kaido ?
we all know where this bravado comes from, its all Oda helping SHs justify their victory over kaido and BM....
Kid and whole crew got wiped out by Kaido, but wants to fight him, Kid got his arm cut by RHP but wants to fight them...thats how things go doesnt mean he is actually a threat for them...

isnt law doing the same ? the same Law who was defeated by Joker but now Law is able to Face Kaido ?
we all know where this bravado comes from, its all Oda helping SHs justify their victory over kaido and BM....
Kid and whole crew got wiped out by Kaido, but wants to fight him, Kid got his arm cut by RHP but wants to fight them...thats how things go doesnt mean he is actually a threat for them...
well I cant see how they hurt kaido if luffy was yc1 and was literally one shot
but lets see
if they do
it does imply that having 500 mil bounty doesnt automatically lessen your threat.

If this magazine is cannon, it means old generations are not that strong as many people overhype. I mean the gap between prime garp and current yonko seems very little even if prime garp is stronger. So RIP for those who overhype oldgens too much:myman: