General & Others One Piece ...monthly?

oda seems to be already struggling with the 3 chapters a week, do you see him ever going monthly?
3 chapters =51 pages, how much would a monthly chapter have
pros : - no more stress about taking breaks
- no more forced chapter cliffhanger
- possibly avoid the constant jump & holiday breaks If scheduled correctly.
what do you guys think?

Last edited:
these days I feel like if oda got three weeks in a row breaks (holiday,covid and jump break) he would still release a chapter and take a break.

seems the chapters are scheduled around the breaks, not the other way around.

Well, obviosly for me it would be much better to get quality chapters each month with 40 pages, than trash chapters with meh quality.
Why do people expect "quality" to change lmao. Apparently going monthly will entirely, magically improve the way an author writes his story.

Berskerk releases like 2 chapters a year and it dragged with multiple arcs repeatedly, focused on multiple unnecessary characters, and technically achieved a goal that was set 10 years ago (Elf Island) only. And that plotline STILL isn't even done.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
oda seems to be already struggling with the 3 chapters a week, do you see him ever going monthly?
3 chapters =51 pages, how much would a monthly chapter have
pros : - no more stress about taking breaks
- no more forced chapter cliffhanger
- possibly avoid the constant jump & holiday breaks If scheduled correctly.
what do you guys think?
I’ve been saying this for a while now...it would be way less aggravating than getting a break every other week, and Oda might be able to work less and cram more into each chapter. At this point, this is the lesser of two evils when it comes to his release schedule.

Jump wants money, they will not publish 1 volume per year.
Page length and amount of volumes would be the same. The volumes are characterized by the amount of pages, not amount of chapters. Usually 4 chapters with 40-50 pages per chapter is average.

Having said that, it´s more the magazine that´s the issue. WSJ is the biggest manga magazine, and One Piece the biggest manga in said magazine.

if jump is willing to accommodate Togashi releasing near a 10 chapters a year, they will take monthly schedule from oda.

what's their alternative? cancel one piece?