CoC: Color of Clowns

Supreme Grade Peacock Slashers
you know

i'm super left leaning, i agree with most of the left politics

but even i gotta say

Disney has completely taken the fun out of Star Wars and Marvel

both franchises are so fucking meh right now
That's because they don't even make progressive movies.

They make paper-thin characters built to fight stereotypes and agendas, then attack anyone who has problems with how shallow those characters are. The movies that take minority characters and use them as victim-bait for marketing are just as gross as the movies that are openly bigoted.

John Boyega is a legit, well-rounded actor, and they just wrote the man out of the plot for the last two Star Wars movies so they could bring back old characters to ruin them. Stupid as all hell.

These characters feel more like social movements than characters at times. Like, does anyone want to see an Aquaman movie where half of the movie is Aquaman bitching about climate change and ocean pollution? FUCK NO, I hate the oil industry, and sure as fuck don't want to watch a movie titled "Aquaman vs Big Oil" PLZZZZZ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Worst part is the Spiderverse movies prove you can easily make minority characters work, just focus on the character more than their race, or gender, or whatever.

Rey being a woman had nothing to do with her character. The only reason she was written as a woman was to entice certain audiences and to give Rylo Ken and Adam Driver random romance scenes that are so bad they somehow make Anakin and Padme look like couple goals. Leia was sooooooooooooooo much better written in the original trilogy, it's hilarious. Daisy Ridley deserved so much better.

Marvel superhero movies were doomed to fail due to the same formula eventually, but at least they were fun at times. Disney legit killed the Star Wars' lore. Even the Prequels have fun memes and moments, Episodes VII through IX just depress me. If you're going to drop the original expanded universe, at least replace it with something better. Hell, the original expanded universe had Palpatine clones, but it was sure as hell better than whatever this fucking shit is.

That's because they don't even make progressive movies.

They make paper-thin characters built to fight stereotypes and agendas, then attack anyone who has problems with how shallow those characters are. The movies that take minority characters and use them as victim-bait for marketing are just as gross as the movies that are openly bigoted.

John Boyega is a legit, well-rounded actor, and they just wrote the man out of the plot for the last two Star Wars movies so they could bring back old characters to ruin them. Stupid as all hell.

These characters feel more like social movements than characters at times. Like, does anyone want to see an Aquaman movie where half of the movie is Aquaman bitching about climate change and ocean pollution? FUCK NO, I hate the oil industry, and sure as fuck don't want to watch a movie titled "Aquaman vs Big Oil" PLZZZZZ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Worst part is the Spiderverse movies prove you can easily make minority characters work, just focus on the character more than their race, or gender, or whatever.

Rey being a woman had nothing to do with her character. The only reason she was written as a woman was to entice certain audiences and to give Rylo Ken and Adam Driver random romance scenes that are so bad they somehow make Anakin and Padme look like couple goals. Leia was sooooooooooooooo much better written in the original trilogy, it's hilarious. Daisy Ridley deserved so much better.

Marvel superhero movies were doomed to fail due to the same formula eventually, but at least they were fun at times. Disney legit killed the Star Wars' lore. Even the Prequels have fun memes and moments, Episodes VII through IX just depress me. If you're going to drop the original expanded universe, at least replace it with something better. Hell, the original expanded universe had Palpatine clones, but it was sure as hell better than whatever this fucking shit is.