It’s the same thing.

I don’t feel that Oda “deserves” any sympathy or understanding for the current situation he’s in having to balance the LA, his manga, and his health.

And I feel that because it is literally a situation of his own creation via his god awful pacing. They are inextricably linked.

Most immigrant construction workers where I live work significantly harder than Oda ever will.
I just genuinely don't understand. No one even crosses the line. Why is it so important for some people to look good at the expense of making others look soulless?

It’s the same thing.

I don’t feel that Oda “deserves” any sympathy or understanding for the current situation he’s in having to balance the LA, his manga, and his health.

And I feel that because it is literally a situation of his own creation via his god awful pacing. They are inextricably linked.

Most immigrant construction workers where I live work significantly harder than Oda ever will.
That's just what happens when you get older. Your mindset changes. It's inevitable. He wants to draw his manga the way he envisions it but now wants to go out and experience life.

I work a salary job, so I put in a minimum of 50-60 hours a week. 10-12 hours everyday. If hit the lottery, I'm walking out the door and never looking back. I'm not feeling sorry for Oda. I am giving credit where credit is due to someone who has enough money to say fuck it, rush his manga to end, and then live out the rest of his life in luxury, but doesn't.

I work a salary job, so I put in a minimum of 50-60 hours a week. 10-12 hours everyday. If hit the lottery, I'm walking out the door and never looking back. I'm not feeling sorry for Oda. I am giving credit where credit is due to someone who has enough money to say fuck it, rush his manga to end, and then live out the rest of his life in luxury, but doesn't.
No, instead he's dragging his manga to infinity so that Shueisha can advertise predictable revenue in their investors report each year.

It's not admirable at all.

No, instead he's dragging his manga to infinity so that Shueisha can advertise predictable revenue in their investors report each year.

It's not admirable at all.
He was working at that pace long before One Piece was a cash cow..... And if One Piece ended tomorrow, Shueisha can still make hundreds of millions off of One Piece for the next 20 years. They don't need Oda or the continuous drawing of the manga to do that.