That is brutal and relatable. There's so much I want to say but I'm exhausted right now. Sick of certain people too.

Men struggle in silence and they're shamed, ridiculed, insulted and such if they open up, show vulnerability and such.

I'm lucky I have such a fantastic therapist, she's very mature, understanding, rational, reasonable etc, everything you would hope a therapist to be but she's also firm when needed and precise, attentive to detail etc.

The stories I could tell and such. My friends uncle suffered in silence and took his own life. His other uncle may have too but its not certain.

Women do get fucked over by society too, don't get ne wrong, they have their silent struggles, some take their own lives too and have all kinds of problems, addictions and such too like a lot of men ofc.

It's fucking sucks. Finding purpose/meaning in life especially as a man where we are conditioned or by instinct to be providers and find purpose doesn't help.
Were expected to provide and so are women too ofc especially with children/motherhood and as wives too.

I feel so much burden as an only child, my mum just has me and a mostly two faced, selfish, toxic, condescending, heartless family so I feel pressured to be able take care of her and let her retire and stop having to take care of me but given I have autism, multiple traumas since childhood and more mental issues than pokemon that exist now, I feel completely out of my element and I keep telling myself everyday, she would be so much better off without me and she would have a lot less stress, burdens, shame, financial issues etc if I was gone.
I've felt like this constantly for maybe 20 years now daily.
I've not even told my therapist yet because it's my biggest shame and fear, I'm terrified to admit to her I feel my mum would be better off without me and many others might be too.

Sorry this is getting very morbid but I stromgly recommend a YouTube channel called Elisha Long, he's completely neutral, no nonsense, focused, straight to the point etc, like an IRL Zoro genuinely and he's like the big brother to everyone on his channel. He purposely avoids politics and gives good advice at least constantly. Real man/adult/dad type advice, no bullshit, just simple but strong guidelines.

There's also movies like Taxi Driver and Joker that explore this topic. Secret Little Of Walter Mitty and such. I cant think of the others right now.
Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul explore this topic too.

Oh Falling Down the movie explores this too! It's quite old now but it's a bit of a hard hitter too, not a happy film exactly and I already suggested more morbid/darker/sadder stuff anyway lol.

That's awesome you found your freedom after that painful realisation and awakening man. That's inspiring especially how relatable your suffering was there too and thus how you've escaped it too.

Sorry I rambled randomly top but yeah men get the stereotype of midlife crises for a reason too. Men can only tolerate so much abuse before they snap in varying ways, both in extremity and methods too.
I think its what makes or breaks you as a man too, you either get broken and rebuild yourself anew, stronger and in your own personal image instead of manufactured by others or you just break and carry on lifeless, not really living or existing or whatever. Or you take the worst options too.

I should have tried to rebuild myself when my worldview was broken many years ago, but i isolated myself, hid from the world and refused to live or carry on. I gave up abd walloped in My misery and angst. Not a lot has changed since then. Just lots of failed attempts to fix my life.

Hearing this new change in yourself you've found, that's inspiring. I think it's part of growing up and becoming adults, men and women. Granted if you become a parent or have to take care of others that still changes things drastically ofc but sometimes, no matter our circumstances, something has gotta give for our own sake/good.
Ah fuck man, I'm sorry to hear all that. Like I mentioned, it's not easy to really break the shackles that are holding you back, especially when it's something like family, and they're the only people you're born into and are forced to live with, perhaps for your entire life. But you have to choose yourself, you have to trust yourself you're gonna manage without them. I thought I'd never get out or survive without them (something my mum loomed over my head as a way to control me), but here I am almost 3 years later, living my best life, making more money than ever, saving, living alone, complete freedom. You don't realise how much your development is being stunted by them.

I really hope you manage to escape and make a change. Trust me, I'm no one special, I'm pretty average, and even below-average in some areas, across the board. If I can do it, believe me you can too.

As for the parent part, well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it hahaha. But personally I don't really want that, and I'm not doing anything to work towards it. I'd much rather redirect that responsibility towards myself, and making sure my life is the best life it can be. I don't really want to give that up anytime soon.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I guess you'll be the first to be added to the T or D topic wall of shame for chickening out. Jeeze, not even round 1.
Don't push hard on harashima

Dude is going through hard times...

Fav team in WC lost to Morocco
Fav team in league got done in by Ref
Fav character in one piece got killed off panel by Blackbeard
Got dumped by his Chinese gf for saying Yamato isn't gender fluid

Give him pass

Don't push hard on harashima

Dude is going through hard times...

Fav team in WC lost to Morocco
Fav team in league got done in by Ref
Fav character in one piece got killed off panel by Blackbeard
Got dumped by his Chinese gf for saying Yamato isn't gender fluid

Give him pass
If you said family crisis I'd be merciful. But sports and anime? Nah.