News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

When Mihawk lost his Warlord title, the title box made sure to include "Former Warlord".
That's because the Shichibukai system got abolished hence why they are called "Former Warlords" to show that the system got abolished. Wouldn't make sense if the "Former Warlords" title wasn't there.
However, when Mihawk "loses" his WSS title, the title box doesn't include "Former World's Strongest Swordsman".
I mean Whitebeard was considered the World's Strongest Man in Marineford.....

Whitebeard is his epithet.

Linlin's epithet is "Big Mom".

And Kaido's epithet is Hundred-Beast/King of the Beasts.

People called him the Strongest Creature in the world.

Dragon is considered the most wanted man in the world and his moniker is the great revolutionary just like how the Yonko are called the "Great Pirate" because that's the moniker that other people called them. Titles, monikers, and epithets are different. For example, Jack the Drought, Kaido, BM, WB, Roger, etc.

Don't you find that a bit odd?
Saying Mihawk is no longer the WSS because it didn't state it in 956 is like saying Hancock is no longer the "captain of the Kuja pirates" or she's no longer the "empress of amazon lily" but simply a "pirate empress".
A bit stupid of an argument.
No. Because the Empress is a title. Just like how Pirate King is a title. "The Empress" have the quotation marks.

Again, Mihawk have an official introduced title box.

But he doesn't have it anymore in Reverie.

CP0 have the "World's" title while "Aigis" is their epithet.

Hancock still have her "Empress" title.

While Mihawk.....

"But but Hawkeye is the same as Pirate Empress."

No. Hawkeye is a epithet. Not a title like the Empress.

Another example:

No. Because the Empress is a title. Just like how Pirate King is a title. "The Empress" have the quotation marks.
Hancock still have her "Empress" title.
"But but Hawkeye is the same as Pirate Empress."

No. Hawkeye is a epithet. Not a title like the Empress.
I dunno man...
I've read the manga and I can swear the "title" Pirate Empress is used in the exact same manner as the "epithets" Hawk-eye, Heavenly Demon, Tyrant, Surgeon of Death, and Genius jester.

It depends on where you're getting at. The phrase is different but I believe it's referencing the same thing.
Can't remember if "The Empress" is the same as the "Pirate Empress" or not. Probably translation issues.

Anyway, Hawkeye is Mihawk's epithet. Cool. Pirate Empress is being put as the same as some other epithets like the other Shichibukai has. And Hancock has two other "titles" which is "The Empress" and "Amazon Lily Empress"

I probably need to check the panels again.

Hawkeye epitaph does not overidde his WSS title which is not there in 956, oda does not forget to remind us what Morgan is.
It's really no different from Oda not including "Hawkeye" but including WSS in 925 and then not including "World's Strongest Swordsman" but including 956.
The first and last time Oda included both were when we first saw Mihawk in the story in Ch. 50.

It's really no different from Oda not including "Hawkeye" but including WSS in 925 and then not including "World's Strongest Swordsman" but including 956.
The first and last time Oda included both were when we first saw Mihawk in the story in Ch. 50.
This is what I mean he lost his beloved title, ephiti can go away because it doesn't overlap his title.
Mihawk introduction will always have it. but not in 956 it's gone. feel bad for him but this whats happen when you play with WUJI:kaimoji::kaimoji:

Can't remember if "The Empress" is the same as the "Pirate Empress" or not. Probably translation issues.

Anyway, Hawkeye is Mihawk's epithet. Cool. Pirate Empress is being put as the same as some other epithets like the other Shichibukai has. And Hancock has two other "titles" which is "The Empress" and "Amazon Lily Empress"

I probably need to check the panels again.
All the "epithets" are the bolded texts in quotations.
"海賊女帝" is Pirate Empress.
"鷹の目" is Hawkeye.
etc...