Current Events One Piece will be painfully mid for the next 3-4 months

I just re-read the first few chapters of wano. From the start of wano to Kaido’s first appearance is 13 chapters.

Between then, most of the chapters are painfully mid. You have the revelation of the scabbards’ time travel about 10-12 chapters in. But before that it’s just Luffy fighting fodder and boring character interactions.

IMO the arc doesn’t really get exciting until Kaido’s first appearance.

I don’t know if Elbaf will be this much of a drag, but chances are that it will. So might be best for y’all to pick up a new manga or series in the next few weeks because I doubt OP will really deliver.
The first 13 chapters of wano.. Paintfully mid ?

:snoopy:

I think Elbaf may not be another Wano/Alabasta/Fishman Island kind of arc. It really doesnt seem like there is some evil king ruling right now. So if there will be a villain it will be some big name from outside.
But you are right about the fact that the beginning of an arc can usually be mid,even Oda in am interview said that the beginning of an arc is the phase which he struggles more. But i actually usually like the beginning of an arc way more than the ending parts. Because the ending parts usually come after 3 or 4 years of an arc,and in that moment i just want the arc to end already! And usually involves the Strawhats running around for chapters and chapters. While at the beginning,there is the curiousity of getting to know the new island,and the new characters etc.

The beginning of the arc can be good if not very slow paced.
Wano was mid throughout so it doesn't affect this arc.
Actually if we go by recent One Piss, the beginning > the end parts since some cool concepts and characters get introduced, people start theorizing about the possibilities but it's in the end where Oda fumbles and turns everything into shit.

I expect One Piece Manga sales to drop off a cliff during Elbaf.
Cause no one likes any giant character so far. They are all dull, boring, or lame. There is no hype for this arc. Only way to save it is to bring non-giant characters into the arc, like admirals or BB crew.

I expect One Piece Manga sales to drop off a cliff during Elbaf.
Cause no one likes any giant character so far. They are all dull, boring, or lame. There is no hype for this arc. Only way to save it is to bring non-giant characters into the arc, like admirals or BB crew.
That's bullshit sounds like you've been fan for a very short time.
Post automatically merged:

I enjoyed the beginning of wano shut the fuck up.

I look at it a little differently. For me, this is the most interesting moment

I plan to read Elbaf every week until the "action" begins. Then I'm going to take a break like at Egghead island.

Last edited: