Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

World's worst Mafia player
I think the excuse Oda will give is "there was a lot of gomu gomu users during these 800 years and no one were able to awaken the fruit. If the user can't awaken the fruit then he is not a threat to WG"
But that feels like such a massive gamble to take.

The probability of someone inevitably awakening the fruit wasn't literally zero. It was going to happen eventually.

Keeping the fruit locked away somewhere would make way more sense no?

According to York the Power Station/Plant that holds the Mother Flame is in the 1st floor of Building B in the Lab, so, it's clearly a flame in a tank of water, as weird as that sounds.
I think u misunderstood, the tank is underwater but there's no water inside the tank.
well, it's common to have a combustion chamber in power stations, but why would VP put it under water, maybe the heat is very high so he needed to cool the tank down so it doesn't melt or something.

The moment Kaido's fight got interrupted by the WG his first order of business was ruining their day.

At this point three Yonkou, Shanks, Big Mom, and Kaido all had serious interest in Luffy, it would have been ridiculous to just go after him in Wano.

Enies Lobby/Sabady/Impel Down/Marineford were their chances to take out Luffy and they absolutely blew it. Once Luffy got to the New World, the Gorosei had already lost, IMO, they were never going to be able to pull of a legit assassination in or near Yonkou territory.
That's why I find it so damn funny when people are like "THE GOROSEI SHIT ON THE YONKO!!! THE YONKO ARE TRASH!!!" because Kaido was literally chilling in Wano with his crew with delicious food, games, hookers etc. while plotting against the World Government for decades and they never tried to take him down at all.
But yeah, anyway, I highly doubt they could have went after Luffy after the timeskip. He already had Rayleigh, Shanks, Whitebeard's goons, etc. supporting him.
As to why they didn't try harder to take him out in the earlier parts of the series is a mystery though. Like, they had CP9 fight him, but that clearly didn't work.
And for some reason the only person hellbent on killing him was Sakazuki in Marineford, nobody else really seemed to care back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.