General & Others OP Manga Sales Declining

Well,WCI had less fights and most of them were at least mediocre.You cant tell me Kaido vs Luffy is a good fight with this 1-clash haki panels over and over again
WCI had exactly two fights if i remember correctly, if i missed any they aren't even worth remembering.
You are correct with Kaido vs Luffy, except it isn't even half over and there are like 10 more fights in Wano as a whole, that range from bad-good-great-epic.
So i am sorry but to say that WCI had better fights in Wano is purely delusional.

AOT final volume which is considered disaster by most fans outsold one piece.

It looks like the original fanbase are in decline. No one really has time now for people who grew up with the series to invest much time.

Youngsters prefers jjk and Kny because stories are short paced . It could be generation problem even oda knows his readers are mostly 20 years and above now .

Fun fact. OP episode 1000 was advertised to hell and back. Shibuya station promo + countless videos and all that shit.
Yet the big episode only managed to pull a household rating of 4.2

In comparison, a 20 min rerun episode from the year old demon slayer movie, managed to pull a 6.6.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...e-animation-tv-ranking-november-15-21/.179990

Significantly more people tuned in to watch demon slayer repeats than OP's ep 1000, despite the insane promotion. Make of that what you will.
:smoothieduck:

Yea, you were reading Two Piece mate.
What good fights does Wano have? I’d argue that Zoro vs King is the only fight in all of Wano that has choreography that comes close to Luffy vs Katakuri

Kaido vs Luffy is pretty boring and the Rooftop was mostly carried by the hype of the new generation facing the Yonko

Most fights in Wano are completely offscreened or are literally terrible

Luffy vs Kaido (mid outside of hype)
Nami vs Ulti (one of the worst fights in the series)
Franky vs Sasaki (mediocre at best)
Jack vs Inu (lol)
Peros vs Neko (bad)
Killer vs Hawkins (pretty good)
Zoro vs King (really good so far)
Sanji vs Queen (just Queen spamming lasers all day)
Rooftop 5 vs really just Kaido (decent)

Luffy vs Katakuri alone trounces every fight in Wano with Zoro vs King being the only fight that has the POTENTIAL to surpass it

Quality > Quantity

Last edited:
What good fights does Wano have? I’d argue that Zoro vs King is the only fight in all of Wano that has choreography that comes close to Luffy vs Katakuri

Kaido vs Luffy is pretty boring and the Rooftop was mostly carried by the hype of the new generation facing the Yonko

Most fights in Wano are completely offscreened or are literally terrible

Luffy vs Kaido (mid outside of hype)
Nami vs Ulti (one of the worst fights in the series)
Franky vs Sasaki (mediocre at best)
Jack vs Inu (lol)
Peros vs Neko (bad)
Killer vs Hawkins (pretty good)
Zoro vs King (really good so far)
Sanji vs Queen (just Queen spamming lasers all day)
Rooftop 5 vs really just Kaido (decent)

Luffy vs Katakuri alone trounces every fight in Wano with Zoro vs King being the only fight that has the POTENTIAL to surpass it

Quality > Quantity
too early to judge Luffy vs Kaido or Sanji vs Queen....they didn't get as much focus as Zoro vs King.....
Jinbei vs Who's who and Robin vs Black Maria is also good....