General & Others OP Manga Sales Declining

There's data on internacional sales?

I've stopped buying mostly because the quality of printing have become shit, with the company that print it here in Brazil doing translation errors, printing the same page two times, making pages upsidedown and a lot of other errors, while the price only goes up.

For example here in Brazil the volume price converted to US dollar was:
Vol. 1 to 50 $1.90
Vol. 51 to 56 $2.00
Vol. 57 to 65 $2.20
Vol. 66 to 74 $2.40
Vol. 75 to 86 $2.65
Vol. 87 to 89 $3.35
Vol. 90 to 92 $3.55

for comparison 1US dollar = 5.6 BR real.
I've stopped to buy in the 92, but the 99 is out here and selling for $4.90.

Dont seems much money if u see from a central country perspective, but in a country where the most of the people dont make more than 170 US dollars/months and 90million people cant eat three time a day, no one buys manga anymore, and that why VIZ started to make a official translations in PT-BR in the Mangaplus, because people dont buy it here anymore, but still read, so better if they read in the official.

Well… I’m gonna be honest with you here. As someone who does buy merch and volumes, times are fucking hard and I’m not wasting my hard earned cash on the retarded Kinemon plotline, the Flunky 6 or the headache-inducing antics of Yamatrash. Sales should pick up a little bit after 1033 and if Oda continues to deliver on hyped up fights like Sanji vs Queen.
I havent purchased a volume since 97. Ive invested in other ways but i aint buying a book when im only enjoying about 40% of it

Well not the best numbers... I get the Demon Slayer hype but seeing another series above OP is strange and maybe Oda will see it the same way

Oda removed the tension from Wano after 923. Kaido should have went to kill Luffy, while Law teleported him out without all the Hawkins crap (which he'd already essentially defeated at that point).

He's KOed Luffy 3 times, and there are no consequences.

Isn't there another volume that didn't because of the covid thing?

This obviously affects OP sales
Covid was to everybody not only One Piece.
Post automatically merged:

Oda removed the tension from Wano after 923. Kaido should have went to kill Luffy, while Law teleported him out without all the Hawkins crap (which he'd already essentially defeated at that point).

He's KOed Luffy 3 times, and there are no consequences.
Exactly. This is the worst. And Luffy getting knocked out by Apoo, strugging with Ulti and always coming back stronger while Kaido for no reason is getting weaker.

Isn't this just a thing based on the number of volumes tho?

Oda releases very few volumes every year now, if he released as many volumes as the other mangaka, he would always be top 3 for sure.

:kayneshrug:

From what i know One Piece volumes have 10 chapters, while others use 7~8 chapters per volume. And other mangakas don't take as many breaks as veteran Oda, the man needs his rest after 25 years of this shit.
This is it but few want one piss to fail so bad.
Also noone counts digital, ever.
Casuals will just read viz

I also have not bought since vol 83 because no bookstore where I worked, Ill sweep everything after wano end and go back to civilization lmao

JJK will definitely since its hype is just starting. KnY probably not since the market should be saturated now, it still crushed OP though, even on individual volume basis. SnK not, a few millions might be still sold since the manga just ended, but won´t be 7 mil, and the anime is not attracting new readers since it already is so famous.
And if OP has 4 volumes, which is not unlikely since 101 is coming out in Dec, i don´t see MHA beating it.

But there are other mangas that might show a significant hype. Chainsaw Man will get an anime adaptation by MAPPA, Spy x Family will get an anime adaptation, Made in Abyss might show a run (another anime) and so forth.
And reading JJK and KnY, it´s not like they are masterpieces that outshine everything, but they are easy to access due to length, have badass animes, and are on the edgier side.
The manga and anime industry understood since SnK that creating a high budget tight anime will do wonders for the manga sales, so the most recent trend is to give anime adaptations much earlier than it was the case a few years ago.
Meanwhile OP´s anime adaptation is incredibly silly, and also the time slot it runs definitely is not attracting new readers.

So this phenomenon, even if it probably won´t reach the heights of KnY, is not going away.
Jjk manga lost me after shibuya, but anime will enter their best arc

Last edited:
Not sure whether this is readily available or not, but would be interesting to see the sales figure per volume instead of per year. Imo the raid didn’t really pick up until rooftop which I think was volume 100, the first part of the raid had too much padding with Oda trying to make chapter 1000 “special” so I wouldn’t be surprised if the volume before that drags it down a bit.

I think all of the top 3 had hype anime adaptations (same with AoT with the final season hype), Kimetsu no Yaiba in particular have an anime that completely elevate the manga material so I think its more of an indication of how much more important anime as a marketing tool for the manga is nowadays and the One Piece anime is not even playing in the same ballpark as those…

K
Not sure whether this is readily available or not, but would be interesting to see the sales figure per volume instead of per year. Imo the raid didn’t really pick up until rooftop which I think was volume 100, the first part of the raid had too much padding with Oda trying to make chapter 1000 “special” so I wouldn’t be surprised if the volume before that drags it down a bit.

I think all of the top 3 had hype anime adaptations (same with AoT with the final season hype), Kimetsu no Yaiba in particular have an anime that completely elevate the manga material so I think its more of an indication of how much more important anime as a marketing tool for the manga is nowadays and the One Piece anime is not even playing in the same ballpark as those…
Kny was also ending so it helps to binge buy all

Thank god they did,ever since dressrossa and whole cake the manga has been trash with the exception of act 1,oden flashback and the rooftop fight ALMOST everything is fuckin boring. Half the time spent about sanjis bullshit feelings,needless sideplots and trash fights cause oda doesnt even try anymore.

No one piece or joyboy progression,no interesting yonko fights,luffy and sanji had the most bullshit power jump since naruto and sasuke making sanjis fight be trash and uninteresting,no zoro past or explanation behind his similarities to the shimotsukis,Somehow managed to make kidd the fuckin dopest dude a boring piece of shit,still waiting for kaidos story,momotrashuke plotline is trash,yamato started off interesting and now shes spent 10 chapters of a war doing a whole lot of nothing,0 scabbards dead and before this shitstorm whole cake was the worst arc ive ever seen in manga id rather have had a long ring long land part 2.

After 10 years of weekly following i almost quit and im not sure i wont end up actually quitting.

Good, i knew the Zoro arc will bring this. Oda deserves IT. Now shuesha will forcenhim to end OP so they cannake room for the new wave of mangas
Zoro and oden flashback were literally the only interesting parts of the story you dumbfuck.
I guess sanjis arc being the worst arc in op history and the arc were most fans dropped this bullshit is the reason youre so butthurt