General & Others OP Manga Sales Declining

When Luffy has Asspull powerups : Morons on Worstgen "Best arc ever"

When Zoro Sanji Law/Kidd do the same : Morons on Worstgen "This is the worst Arc"

People here seem to want One Piece to become like Naruto where only the Main Character matters
Huh ??

This is not related to character basic thing . Think you are drawing one character seven years ( big mom ) as a monster . And after 7 year , this character lost two non advanced usee . Meanwhile , in the main fight , you are showing advanced coc clash . People just laugh u .

Yes people were crying about the gifters but that was like 60 chapters ago. And yes people also did the same with scabbards because of their lame invovlement of the war even though Oda spend so much time developing them. onigashima has been nothing but fights.
Scabbards are better than Katakuri the Emo Loser

yeah but my problems with your post was "stakes" and lack of deaths which I don't think is a big deal
But they are facing two yonkos. Don't you think stakes are important when they face two yonkos. If they were just facing top commanders sure I agree stakes are not that important but facing against two yonkos then stakes are very important.

Damn, Sono Bisque Doll anime really boosted the Manga sales, huh? :christindeed:

How is One Piece even in Top 20 with Wano? Above Komi, Chainsaw Man, Record of Ragnarok, and Kaiju No. 8? :nicagesmile:

Also, does anybody here ever read or would recommend Mystery to Iu Nakare and/or World Trigger? :yodaswag:

You know it's bad If it's under Spy x family
Get your head out of your ass. :cr7:

Spy x Family is a goated series. Literally the best Espionage manga ever made and one of the very few series that could lay claim to being the best ongoing manga. You don't know crap about storytelling, so go back to wanking Lanjino. :hapnoel:

I

Indigo

Damn, Sono Bisque Doll anime really boosted the Manga sales, huh? :christindeed:

How is One Piece even in Top 20 with Wano? Above Komi, Chainsaw Man, Record of Ragnarok, and Kaiju No. 8? :nicagesmile:

Also, does anybody here ever read or would recommend Mystery to Iu Nakare and/or World Trigger? :yodaswag:

Get your head out of your ass. :cr7:

Spy x Family is a goated series. Literally the best Espionage manga ever made and one of the very few series that could lay claim to being the best ongoing manga. You don't know crap about storytelling, so go back to wanking Lanjino. :hapnoel:
Chainsaw Man is lower because it's already finished

But when the animes comes out + Part 2 of the manga, pretty sure it's gonna skyrocket to the top

But they are facing two yonkos. Don't you think stakes are important when they face two yonkos. If they were just facing top commanders sure I agree stakes are not that important but facing against two yonkos then stakes are very important.
there's tension, the problem is it's not as bad as before but that's fine to me. This arc is the arc where the SHs and SNs finally become Yonko level threats.

It's like in Naruto when he started stomping characters in the final war. It signaled to us the he finally "made it"

there's tension, the problem is it's not as bad as before but that's fine to me. This arc is the arc where the SHs and SNs finally become Yonko level threats.

It's like in Naruto when he started stomping characters in the final war. It signaled to us the he finally "made it"
There is absolutely no tension. Everyone in the alliance are winning against two yonkos. This fight against two yonkos was easier than against Doflamingo, Ceaser and Hody Jones.

Agree that are no stakes.

This Arc would be for One Piece what the Pain Arc was for Naruto, when the main characters beat this top tiver villain and become a top tier himself.

But while in Naruto Jiraya death set the stakes for the battle, with him being a very important character for Naruto himself and a fan favorite, and also having a connection with the villain, Kishi also adds up with the destruction of the village, Kakashi and Hinata "deaths".

In OP, the death that sets the stakes was Oden one, but Oden have zero emotional connection with Luffy, the SH and the readers, he was introduced too late in the story and feel forced the way Oda tried to push he as this characters on pair with fan favorites like Luffy, Ace, Shanks and WB on his FB, pehaps if he was build up with time then could happen, but his late introduction made it impossible. And to make everything worse there's a problem with the characters of Wano, the greatness of Oden should be feel by the readers throught the Wano citzens, but, lets be true, the readers dont care about them, even the scabbards and Momo feel totally irrelevant, as there too many of them, with not much development and no one feel really a connection with the Wano folk. Also the threat of Kaido to Wano didnt feel real, even if the characters say Kaido is bad for Wano, Oda dont show it in a impactfull way, like how Kishimoto have done with Pain destroying the Leaf village, by making Kaido kill innocents and this kind of things. I can bet that everyone feel more hate for Saint Charloss in Sabondy in two chapter than for Kaido in 100 chapters.

I doubt that anyone here cares about the problems of Wano, the characters the readers care and want to see like Luffy and the SH, Law, Kid and even Marco, have zero stakes in Wano, they want to defeat the emperors but that could happen without all the Wano plot. A great exemple of zero connection with Wano folk is Yasu death, it was more impactifull to the readers than Oden one, because it had impact on Zoro who is characters the readers have a emotional connection and care about.

I dont feel nothing wrong with Luffy, Law, Kid, etc, defeating BM and Kaido in relation with powerscaling, but to me feel like they will defeat them just because its needed for the story to keep going on, not because of something more like what happend in Arlong Park(Nami), Alabasta(Vivi), Ennies Lobby(Robin), Marineford(Ace/Luffy) or Dressrosa(Law). While in place of the Scabbards and Momo there were characters that we care.

Last edited:
Biggest mistake post TS is with no focus on the the SHs .. yeah I know Marinford wasn't but it was just one arc. Everyone was hyped even at the boredom of Fishmen Island... But Oda started to take the focus away of the SHs adventure and brought into 100+ support characters no one cares for... Hell Law is cool but he is there since PH taking focus away from the SHs