Opinion on choosing your future based on money?

Well, my time to decide my future has come. I gotta choose my path in life. After so many things went wrong, and my dream job became only that, a dream, I'm forced to choose another path. After smashing my head against a wall for so many weeks, I finally said "fuck everything, I'm going to choose the job that gives me the biggest income". I decided to go towards the University of Law and the specialty that has the possibilty of giving me the biggest amount of money.
The questions are simple: what do you think about it? What do you think about people that goes down this route? Is it ethical? Is all of this a mistake? Got any advice to give?... etc.

Disclaimer: I don't know where this post belongs to so I didn't really know where to post it. And thus, you might need to move it lol.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
No money ever will fulfil your heart if you work a job you hate

When i was picking college my brother was persuading me to go engineering/mechanical because i always loved building things and seeing how stuff is made. But i never wanted that as my job, it was something i did in my free time.

Sure i would make more money, but it isn't a job i would like doing.

So pick a job you actually wanna do or at the very least won't drive you insane

No money ever will fulfil your heart if you work a job you hate

When i was picking college my brother was persuading me to go engineering/mechanical because i always loved building things and seeing how stuff is made. But i never wanted that as my job, it was something i did in my free time.

Sure i would make more money, but it isn't a job i would like doing.

So pick a job you actually wanna do or at the very least won't drive you insane
That's a good point. After the University of Las you can work in a lot of places related to it and thus, I have quite a bit of flexibility from that viewpoint. I pretty much said farewell to my dream job. I want to see how the University is, if I enjoy even a little bit all the Laws and everything. If that's the case, if I am actually decent and I find a little bit of enjoyment on it then I'm going down that path. Otherwise I'm going to take my plan B.

Never choose a degree for money choose something because you like it happines always first you can gain a lot of money but you probably won't like what your doing
And let me tell you this law is very complex I wanted to be a lawyer but I dropped it because I didn't like it so my advice if you are going to do that for obligation better do another thing and if you like to gain money you can do another degree that is not law

B

Ballel

That's a good point. After the University of Las you can work in a lot of places related to it and thus, I have quite a bit of flexibility from that viewpoint. I pretty much said farewell to my dream job. I want to see how the University is, if I enjoy even a little bit all the Laws and everything. If that's the case, if I am actually decent and I find a little bit of enjoyment on it then I'm going down that path. Otherwise I'm going to take my plan B.
You know, do whatever feels best for you but know this:
Money alone won't makeyour life good.
If you waste your whole life and thoughts only on getting the maximum amount of money possible, it can turn into an addiction and this happens faster than people think!
And NEVER do unethical things only because they give you a lot of money or reputation/connections.

You need a stable personality / set of values. Or these money-focused jobs will destroy your humanity and soul. You will have the money but won't be able to actually enjoy it because the real YOU will be long gone. And being around too many money obsessed people can quickly poison your thoughts. Don't forget this!
This has happened to some of the best people.

And make sure you stay away from any job that requires fraternity/sorority-style membership for the sake of networking.

Making a lot of money doesn't turn you into a bad person. You gotta think about how to use it.

Don't spend money on things you don't need or are purely for prestige.
Use it to do good, help children/education, help the environment etc .

Ultimately you need to find out whether you like law even a bit.
Forcing yourself to work in a job that you hate with all your heart, will eventually burn you out to the point of depression or even suicidality.

The most important thing in life is to stay true to oneself.

I think you should first decide on what is reasonable/satisfactory for you in terms of income, and then find the most enjoyable profession within that assortment.

I don't believe in pursuing a career solely for the income, but I also think it's something you need to consider. Even if you find a certain job or profession enjoyable, depending on how much income you are lacking, it might not make up for the lifestyle you live as a trade-off for having that as your job.

For example, I know many people who attained very lucrative jobs (such as doctors & lawyers), but because they were only in it for the money, they don't enjoy themselves & they suffer with a very heavy work schedule. However, I also know some people who tried to pursue their lifelong dream jobs, but they ended up having to quit because they simply weren't making as much money as they wanted to be satisfied with their lives outside work.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
This maybe an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't necessarily say that choosing to do a degree with the highest potential/income prospect is the wrong choice and it absolutely is ethical. You have been provided with an option and you are the person choosing something that would give you a better life in the future. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon and wanting to move up the food chain is never something that's wrong.

If you are not sure about what you wanna do in life, this is a good option imo since you can still explore and find out what you really wanna do while having a solid back up option in case you like what you are doing at uni. Give your major a honest shot and if you still don't like it, you can explore other options/interests. The key thing is to not slack off with academics at uni and still maintain a good GPA even if you wanna explore other career options/interests. So that you always a good backup in case something doesn't work out.

I think its a wise decision that the majority of the people takes,so dont worry. In the movies people say "follow your dream" and they always end up making money,but in reality..not all the passions/hobbies can give you a income! So its good to get a good job,and then nobody forbids yoy to live your hobby when you have free time.

Well, a lot of people appeared so Imma have to answer all of you.

Never choose a degree for money choose something because you like it happines always first you can gain a lot of money but you probably won't like what your doing
And let me tell you this law is very complex I wanted to be a lawyer but I dropped it because I didn't like it so my advice if you are going to do that for obligation better do another thing and if you like to gain money you can do another degree that is not law
That's the problem, the jobs that I really liked aren't an option anymore, and thus, I'm forced to search for something else, Law was a prominent option so I wanted to give it a try.

You know, do whatever feels best for you but know this:
Money alone won't makeyour life good.
If you waste your whole life and thoughts only on getting the maximum amount of money possible, it can turn into an addiction and this happens faster than people think!
And NEVER do unethical things only because they give you a lot of money or reputation/connections.

You need a stable personality / set of values. Or these money-focused jobs will destroy your humanity and soul. You will have the money but won't be able to actually enjoy it because the real YOU will be long gone. And being around too many money obsessed people can quickly poison your thoughts. Don't forget this!
This has happened to some of the best people.

And make sure you stay away from any job that requires fraternity/sorority-style membership for the sake of networking.

Making a lot of money doesn't turn you into a bad person. You gotta think about how to use it.

Don't spend money on things you don't need or are purely for prestige.
Use it to do good, help children/education, help the environment etc .

Ultimately you need to find out whether you like law even a bit.
Forcing yourself to work in a job that you hate with all your heart, will eventually burn you out to the point of depression or even suicidality.

The most important thing in life is to stay true to oneself.
It's not set on stone, right now I'm giving it a try. I'm somewhat interested and thus, if I end up enjoying it a little bit, even if it's not as much as my original dream, I can still work with it.

And yes, even tho I'm in for the money, I still have some ethic values you feel me? I won't harm or do bad to people for some money it doesn't feel right. And my mother always taught me to help people out so I'm definitely using part of said money to help those who need it.

I think you should first decide on what is reasonable/satisfactory for you in terms of income, and then find the most enjoyable profession within that assortment.

I don't believe in pursuing a career solely for the income, but I also think it's something you need to consider. Even if you find a certain job or profession enjoyable, depending on how much income you are lacking, it might not make up for the lifestyle you live as a trade-off for having that as your job.

For example, I know many people who attained very lucrative jobs (such as doctors & lawyers), but because they were only in it for the money, they don't enjoy themselves & they suffer with a very heavy work schedule. However, I also know some people who tried to pursue their lifelong dream jobs, but they ended up having to quit because they simply weren't making as much money as they wanted to be satisfied with their lives outside work.
As I said before, my dream job is out of the map, and talking about the income 10k per month sounds about right imo, I'm still looking for the potential to earn more as I progress obviously. I know some people who are making around 20k per month with said job and thus, it's actually a very good option. Add some extra investments and I'm set for life ngl.

This maybe an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't necessarily say that choosing to do a degree with the highest potential/income prospect is the wrong choice and it absolutely is ethical. You have been provided with an option and you are the person choosing something that would give you a better life in the future. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon and wanting to move up the food chain is never something that's wrong.

If you are not sure about what you wanna do in life, this is a good option imo since you can still explore and find out what you really wanna do while having a solid back up option in case you like what you are doing at uni. Give your major a honest shot and if you still don't like it, you can explore other options/interests. The key thing is to not slack off with academics at uni and still maintain a good GPA even if you wanna explore other career options/interests. So that you always a good backup in case something doesn't work out.
I mean, I was quite tired of this bs, when I had some hope they shattered it so I basically said "fuck it, let's make some money". And I'm pretty much out of options right now so yeah... If I don't like it I'm not going down that path, I'll probably explore some stuff or go for plan B. With that being said, once I get in the Uni I'm finishing it with the best grades possible (for my limited brain). Abandoning it is a big No No.

I think its a wise decision that the majority of the people takes,so dont worry. In the movies people say "follow your dream" and they always end up making money,but in reality..not all the passions/hobbies can give you a income! So its good to get a good job,and then nobody forbids yoy to live your hobby when you have free time.
Hey, it might not be as ethical as it could be but there's nothing wrong on aiming for a better lifestyle. (I'm living quite good right now, I don't have luxury after luxury but I'm not missing a thing. Sadly, my father is working very hard for all of us and by having a good income I want to help them out as much as I can later on) Life gave me the middle finger; got a job that it doesn't matter what I do, I can't accomplish it so it's my turn to give life the middle finger lol.

Well, my time to decide my future has come. I gotta choose my path in life. After so many things went wrong, and my dream job became only that, a dream, I'm forced to choose another path. After smashing my head against a wall for so many weeks, I finally said "fuck everything, I'm going to choose the job that gives me the biggest income". I decided to go towards the University of Law and the specialty that has the possibilty of giving me the biggest amount of money.
The questions are simple: what do you think about it? What do you think about people that goes down this route? Is it ethical? Is all of this a mistake? Got any advice to give?... etc.

Disclaimer: I don't know where this post belongs to so I didn't really know where to post it. And thus, you might need to move it lol.
Become a doctor if you want money.
Post automatically merged:

yep,got make a living somehow.Just don't become corrupt and put money above morals.

Don’t chase after success, make something you love and success will chase you.
Love and dedication is the most important thing, otherwise you wouldn’t do your job right.
I’m not speaking about people who don’t have a choice and work for money so they can feed their children. That’s something different
Follow your heart if have you the possibility.
It’s gonna be a big part of your life

Become a doctor if you want money.

yep,got make a living somehow.Just don't become corrupt and put money above morals.
I can't stand medicine, like at all. Plus I'm too late for it to become an option now. Some of my friends that are aiming to be doctors started studying in that domain 2 or 3 years ago, I'm way behind.
And, I have morals, morals that I'll take with me wherever I go.

Don’t chase after success, make something you love and success will chase you.
Love and dedication is the most important thing, otherwise you wouldn’t do your job right.
I’m not speaking about people who don’t have a choice and work for money so they can feed their children. That’s something different
Follow your heart if have you the possibility.
It’s gonna be a big part of your life
I mean, my heart was pretty much shattered after I got "declined" twice. Now I'm searching for an alternative (Law). And I'm trying to keep an open mind, who knows, I might even like it. I tried out an admission test for the University and I had fun doing it lol.

I think the hardest aspect of success is its definition. For many ppl money=success and that's false.
Success can mean many things. It's a very personal question we need to ask ourselves, what it is that we want to succeed at.
In my opinion success is having at the very least a job that I don't despise and the possibility of gaining quite a bit of money by ranking up (I don't know why but I enjoy the feeling on starting low and getting all the way up to the top. Becoming someone with an important name and quite a bit of money too) And Law has the potential to give me those things.

A good balance is optimal imo depending on personal interests of course
I mean, I obviously don't go down that road if I don't like it at least a little bit you know? I don't want to work and feel like I'm in hell.

There's nothing wrong with considering a job as just that, a job to put food on the table. If you make enough, and you don't have to overwork and sacrifice all your time for it, then I think it's a perfectly valid path to chase. You can always find time for hobbies. It's not like everyone in the world is doing exactly what they love. In life you have to make some compromises.