Opinion on choosing your future based on money?

Well, a lot of people appeared so Imma have to answer all of you.

That's the problem, the jobs that I really liked aren't an option anymore, and thus, I'm forced to search for something else, Law was a prominent option so I wanted to give it a try.
well good luck then I hope you like it but also realize soon if you don't like it remember my advice: Don't worry about college outins there are a lot regardless what degree you do don't do something because you are obliged to do it do it because you like it and your happy with it

Well, my time to decide my future has come. I gotta choose my path in life. After so many things went wrong, and my dream job became only that, a dream, I'm forced to choose another path. After smashing my head against a wall for so many weeks, I finally said "fuck everything, I'm going to choose the job that gives me the biggest income". I decided to go towards the University of Law and the specialty that has the possibilty of giving me the biggest amount of money.
The questions are simple: what do you think about it? What do you think about people that goes down this route? Is it ethical? Is all of this a mistake? Got any advice to give?... etc.

Disclaimer: I don't know where this post belongs to so I didn't really know where to post it. And thus, you might need to move it lol.
All I can say is....I hope since you took that path, that you will eventually find happiness in your life & career...

But in all honesty, I did NOT find happiness by choosing something I hate... and in my case, it was medicine... eventually I dropped out of University.... started VERY LATE at age of 27 to pursue the career I want with Graphic Design & Motion Graphics... I am still being faught by my family because of my decision to leave medicine... BUT I am 100% can say that I am way more happy this way...

So, basically it depends on you as a person.... some people don't give a fuck what type of job they do, as long as they get paid well to get luxurious life.... while others never gave a fuck about luxurious life and simple is very great for them as long as they practice something they love...I am someone who is among the 2nd half.... and I wasted 7 years of my life trying to live a life that I don't care about... simply a life that suited my family despite not seeing any pleasure with it

Anyways, every person is different, and DO what you think is right for yourself... do not do what others think is right for you while you're not selled on the idea.... At the very end, they will NEVER take responsibility if you didn't come out happy at the end... they will simply escape and say "that was your decision and we did not pressure you"

No money ever will fulfil your heart if you work a job you hate

When i was picking college my brother was persuading me to go engineering/mechanical because i always loved building things and seeing how stuff is made. But i never wanted that as my job, it was something i did in my free time.

Sure i would make more money, but it isn't a job i would like doing.

So pick a job you actually wanna do or at the very least won't drive you insane
Vocation means something you can actually bear to study/work with everyday.You may be talented in something,but if if you hate it,you can't develop this talent.So you are right:pick something you like or at least can bear.

Last edited: