Questions & Mysteries Overall How do you feel about Gear 5?

How Do You feel about Gear 5?

• Total voters
At least there will probably be no G6

The G5 looks amazing from a visuals perspective, sadly that's simply not enough to make it look so legit complexively :josad:

I really like the fighting style, some silly jokes during a serious fight was one of the things that i liked about one piece (like water Luffy leaking when he fought crocodile for example.)

The name changing is all I have to complain.

Growing on me a lot. As soon as the idea of being a ridiculous rubbery god of liberation like a cartoon character/trickster type...It suits Luffy pretty perfectly. Skypiea really showed this side of Luffy the most as a foreshadow. Not to mention the theme of the Thousand Sunny matching. It refreshes One Piece in a way.

It was a bit jarring how the reveal was dropped and what it meant, as Oda definitely could have alluded to it more before hand. Looking forward to seeing the form in action more before I am fully convinced

Toon force power would have been more suitable if one of the EOS villains uses it. Maybe some psychotic deranged villain.
@ShootaBoy agreed. Monkey King powers would have been much better.
Luffy has always been drawn with monkeys, symbolizing his spirit I guess, even Gear 4 is based on a Gorilla. He carries the name "Monkey" in his name. It's the most obvious thing people would theorize about and then Oda pulls off Sun God Nika out of his ass. Gear 5 is cool but most would've preferred Mythical Zoan - Sun Wukong.

Looks trash af. Luffy reverted back to looking like a fucking kid again where he was buffed.

Gear 4 Snakeman design >>>>> this shit.

As for powers. Well, we still don't have much. He can use the terrain as he pleases I guess? Aside from that, he is just using a bigger Gear 3 version.

Can't really say much about it for now. It better have some cooler applications because it looks the worst out of all Gear forms.
G4 snakeman is peak aesthethic. But chill, he may have snakeman gear 5! Or tiger or whatever which might look sick af

Luffy has always been drawn with monkeys, symbolizing his spirit I guess, even Gear 4 is based on a Gorilla. He carries the name "Monkey" in his name. It's the most obvious thing people would theorize about and then Oda pulls off Sun God Nika out of his ass. Gear 5 is cool but most would've preferred Mythical Zoan - Sun Wukong.

The reason why Luffy reminds you of Sun Wukong is because he's already based on him, just like many other Japanese main characters such as Goku himself; turning a reference into an actual devil fruit is just cheap (imagine turning an allegory of Christ into the actual Jesus: that's exactly how this idea sounds) and doesn't really add anything of value to Luffy (Sun Wukong's powers are too many and most of them don't fit him at all).

First of all, I already expected Gear 5 to be a thing since Zoro is revealed to have CoCting.

- Zoro's PU: Enma, fire cutting, CoC, AdCoC
- Luffy's PU: AdCoA, AdCoC, Gear 5, Awakening

There is no way Luffy get less PU than Zoro.

Secondly, I like the appearance of Gear 5 form, especially the divine cloak. As Yamatobro, those ethereal on her and Luffy looks cool as fuck.

Thirdly, I love the more lighthearted take on the G5 powers. It brings back memories of old one piece/ pre timeskip.

Lastly, if Luffy has fire powers too, that would make G5 a 10/10.