Chapter Discussion Please stop with this Luffy going to 1 v 1 Kaido nonesense

Kaido been getting jumped since 988 and even though Kaido has went through so many people and gotten scar by Zoro. Even with all those advantages Luffy has, He still won't beat Kaido 1 v 1 even if we officially start the match in the middle of 1010. Luffy is going to get help. Stop fooling yall selfs. 🤣
Im sorry this is OP and Luffy will win bad execution by Oda but he wins

Luffy state he would win and he doesn't want anyone to interfere. Nonsense is to think people will disrespect him.
Luffy can't always win just because he say things have been changing alot since pts and especially in wano/ onigashima yamato reaction to luffy 1v1 kaido says alot and momo said he's getting weak, I know luffy is the goat but things ant sound gud for him & truly I hope he lose again, but later bounce back
Post automatically merged:

Probably bad translation, Momo says exactly the same thing he said the last time Yamato asked him about Luffy.
"He is weakened but somehow fine"
He never said that he is getting weak.
Yeah could

Luffy can't always win just because he say things have been changing alot since pts and especially in wano/ onigashima yamato reaction to luffy 1v1 kaido says alot and momo said he's getting weak, I know luffy is the goat but things ant sound gud for him & truly I hope he lose again, but later bounce back

Yeah could
Sure, because Luffy said he would win Katakuri and didn't got tons of plot armor so Katakuri just let him run away and claim victory. Things change a lot to worse post timeskip.

Momo said he was getting weak? Don't remember that. Luffy was never this strong before. There is no space for losing here.

I do agree with this but OP was just being salty. Weren't ppl calling this clash an asspull just last week, I wonder what changed now :choppawhat:
Still asspull but he isn't losing. Plot armor was already set. Oda is not doing the same mistake again I hope, like he did with Katakuri. Set plot armor and still loses? Not this time.

Sure, because Luffy said he would win Katakuri and didn't got tons of plot armor so Katakuri just let him run away and claim victory. Things change a lot to worse post timeskip.

Momo said he was getting weak? Don't remember that. Luffy was never this strong before. There is no space for losing here.

Still asspull but he isn't losing. Plot armor was already set. Oda is not doing the same mistake again I hope, like he did with Katakuri. Set plot armor and still loses? Not this time.
Yeah, I think a lot of people try to logically analyze what’s going on in OP but it’s a classic shounen— asspulls are part of the genre.

Luffy (and most shounen protags) by all means should be dead many times over from literally every villain so far but he’s always going to get a hype powerup eventually and beat the big bad in a 1v1.

Yeah, I think a lot of people try to logically analyze what’s going on in OP but it’s a classic shounen— asspulls are part of the genre.

Luffy (and most shounen protags) by all means should be dead many times over from literally every villain so far but he’s always going to get a hype powerup eventually and beat the big bad in a 1v1.
No they are not. And it is ridiculous to think and defend shit like that. Asspull is poor writing. There is absolute nothing to accept shit like that.
There is absolute no problem at all MC's being near dead and never die as long it makes sense. Many people complain about Luffy x Lucci. I think that was perfectly the line between plot armor and acceptable. Luffy x Lucci was changing sides of who was on top everytime and at final Luffy gave everything he had left on that gattling gun, won and couldn't move after that. Really showing that was the hardest fight of his life. Then we have Luffy x Katakuri, Luffy was always losing didn't surpassed Katakuri in literally anything and was still walking after the fight was over.

Another thing is MC evolution. Again, no problem with MC having a quick evolution as long this make sense. Example, Ichigo training his Bankai. Huge evolution. You can argue plot armor and this point but not in the fight itself against Byakuya. Ichigo literally won 2x before using that mask that people call plot armor. Was plot armor to Byakuya the same way Luffy x Doffy was plot armor for Doffy.
Problem is, in OP we had a method of how Luffy get stronger. He trains and comes stronger. With Katakuri he trained in the fight, it is ok since the fight was 12h long something like that. We have Luffy x Kaido same way basically, he lost, train at Udon and came back with a power up.
Thing is this time he had another power up but didn't trained at all. And is simple the biggest power up of manga, the most advanced techniques Kaido himself state that only handful of people can do it not a walking deadman(Luffy was knocked out few moments before that). This is poor writing, no excuses.

Just take a look at whole OP. Oda has literally no reason to make Luffy always look weak and then come with unlogical excuses to beat enemies. Luffy at beginning of raid was already knocked out by Apoo. Struggled against Ulti and Page One. Used G4 at sea battle and agaisnt a random Number. Used again at rooftop and almost died after that. Things literally don't make sense. G4 still has drawback, why he is using so much? Adv armament probably has somekind of drawback like he can't use more than once, that is the only explanation why he is using so much G4 I can see. Also he can't use adv armament with G4 otherwise wouldn't make sense Kaido dodging Luffy base form but not G4 form. Also why Kaido didn't dodge the 2 punches from 1010 if he dodged the one from 1009?
Luffy is at his best form ever, going toe to toe with Kaido. And Momonosuke says he is weaker and getting weaker by time? This is fucking garbage.

Luffy is at his best form ever, going toe to toe with Kaido. And Momonosuke says he is weaker and getting weaker by time? This is fucking garbage.
Momo never said he is getting weaker that was a mistranslation clarified by the official one.
In chapter 1008 Yamato aks about Luffy and Momo replies "He is weakened but somehow still well"
Here in chapter 1012 Yamato asks again about Luffy which Momo replies "He is in the same as earlier... Weakened, but still well"
So Momo implies Luffy is just fine as he was on 1008 which was also before he took Ragnaraku.

Momo never said he is getting weaker that was a mistranslation clarified by the official one.
In chapter 1008 Yamato aks about Luffy and Momo replies "He is weakened but somehow still well"
Here in chapter 1012 Yamato asks again about Luffy which Momo replies "He is in the same as earlier... Weakened, but still well"
So Momo implies Luffy is just fine as he was on 1008 which was also before he took Ragnaraku.
Still implying he is weakened. Which he is not, he never was so strong as he is now. Luffy take a lots of beats and literally get stronger. Kaido takes almost no damage and every fanboys keeps saying that he is nerferd or someshit.

Thing is this time he had another power up but didn't trained at all. And is simple the biggest power up of manga, the most advanced techniques Kaido himself state that only handful of people can do it not a walking deadman(Luffy was knocked out few moments before that). This is poor writing, no excuses.
Again, no.
Luffy can use Advanced CoC because it literally uses the same principle of the advanced CoA, he needs to let the Haki flow and create a barrier with it the only difference being that he is using CoC in the barrier, the type of haki Oda specifically told us Luffy specializes in.
If anything this is pretty good writing you are the one failing to understand what is happening in this case.
First Oda shows us how Haki can be used in other ways to create barriers and even destroy from the inside. Then he let Luffy train it for weeks but what we didn't know is that he was also training better control of his haki overall and Oda set it up with CoC being also used to coat yourself just like CoA which uses the same principle Luffy has been training for weeks.

Still implying he is weakened. Which he is not, he never was so strong as he is now. Luffy take a lots of beats and literally get stronger. Kaido takes almost no damage and every fanboys keeps saying that he is nerferd or someshit.
That ain't it.
Luffy is weakened. He took half of a Thunder Bagua, tanked Boro Breath, run out of haki while being beaten and thrown around by Kaido.
Just because Luffy got an upgrade in attack power doesn't mean his durability and endurance stats are the same of the beginning of the battle.
So yes Luffy is weakened.
And Kaido is getting damaged to the point he was avoiding an simple Red Hawk, Luffy already confirmed that for us readers, despite his monstruos endurance Kaido is getting slowly weakened.

Last edited: