[FNZ] Role Madness Policy Academy Crazy Quadrupoley Insanity Dethy Parity Bastarady Mafiay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
yes thats true
the signup thread had much more warnings
agree
You pulled a bastard setup by putting an open setup to fool everyone lmao

It sucks that this game had very less activity.

More players with more activity means more people getting trolled because of bastard setup:milaugh:

Fake news ekko:suresure:

Emil

Certified Memelord
You pulled a bastard setup by putting an open setup to fool everyone lmao

It sucks that this game had very less activity.

More players with more activity means more people getting trolled because of bastard setup:milaugh:

Fake news ekko:suresure:
lowkey the setup can actually work as non bastard just fine lol

when i was playing this, i thought it wasnt too bastardy since we knew what roles were there and how everything worked (for the most part)

after pero got lynched i was laughing my head off thinking that everyone got bested by me and boy oh boy dofla was never going to be allowed to forget this...... except then it was immediately followed by a mini panic moment after the game didnt end :noo:

@Ekkologix That's a funny setup. 2 years ago I played a game similar to this and the funny part was all the other mafia team thought I was their traitor they were looking for and they all visited me on night 1 expecting to recruit their missing traitor. I was mafia and I luckily found my traitor on night 1 and my mafia team were the only team who found their traitor.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
This is giving me a headache.

Not angry, just disappointed. And frankly, it's why inexperienced hosts shouldn't even begin to try their hand at a bastard game.

A bastard game is not supposed to just be a game where the host lies about everything. There is an expectation of things not following convention, of not being able to trust your own role PM, of not being able to trust what the host outright says in public writeups. But there should always be an angle to figure it out, whether that be through writeups or mechanics or hints. A bastard game is supposed to be a puzzle, a game where the players have to think flexibly and use the fact that conventions aren't being followed to figure it out.

Seeing people use "but it's bastard" and defend a game just being trollish for the sake of it with no element of a puzzle in the game is just making me want to bury my face in my hands, because none of you seem to know what you're talking about lol, and I don't say that to be rude. It's really not easy for any host to host a bastard game because it's a fine line between exciting puzzle and trollish waste of time.

Think of it like a detective story that breaks Knox's Decalogue or something. But it's aware of this, and has a route to solve the mystery via being aware of this, and fundamentally remains fairly solvable. At the end, is when the author, or in this case the host, should be turning to us and saying "ha, here are the clues, here is the solution, here are the elements you needed to think about, what do you think of that?" - and we all say "damn, well played, we were outwitted" or perhaps some caught on. To further this analogy here, this reveal is like the author triumphantly telling us there was no mystery, and then us as readers celebrating this because anything goes if it's bastard. No, it doesn't work that way, it's not supposed to work that way.

Please can we have some respect for the term and not host a bastard game until we're at a comfort level as a host where we can tread all over conventions and rules and still create a game that is solvable. Please can we not fall into the trap of "anything is fine if you say it's bastard".

Wow, so you were scum all along @hime?!? How could you betray me like this? Lol, congrats becoming the MVP, I told you you would:sweat:

Thanks for hosting Ekko, I too liked the twist. There were some clues now that I think about it, such as nobody's alignment being revealed after they die, and the fact that no results were actually given to us in 'neighbour chats". Though I wish we'd had some clue at the start there was a bigger twist for us to potentially solve.

Having 4 mafia team got me good . I always tho bastard element was related to Lynchiro.
About sanity and stuff , that part wasn't exciting , it was more about luck...
If there were 2 town group then it would have been fun brainstorming

J

Joygirl1

Oh my god, a game where everyone is mafia and nobody wins in the end! You´re the biggest troll host ever, Ekko! :kailaugh:

Junko is so proud of this idea!

Can I get access to the maf chats too please?^^

J

Joygirl1

I get it. Maybe I will appreciate it more later when If I decide to review the game and take notes from it.

For now ill take a step back from forum mafia, this game and the reveal did teach me that I invest too much in it
Believe me, I understand your feelings.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Wow, so you were scum all along @hime?!? How could you betray me like this? Lol, congrats becoming the MVP, I told you you would:sweat:

Thanks for hosting Ekko, I too liked the twist. There were some clues now that I think about it, such as nobody's alignment being revealed after they die, and the fact that no results were actually given to us in 'neighbour chats". Though I wish we'd had some clue at the start there was a bigger twist for us to potentially solve.
Told you she was scum smh:shame:

Emil

Certified Memelord
This is giving me a headache.

Not angry, just disappointed. And frankly, it's why inexperienced hosts shouldn't even begin to try their hand at a bastard game.

A bastard game is not supposed to just be a game where the host lies about everything. There is an expectation of things not following convention, of not being able to trust your own role PM, of not being able to trust what the host outright says in public writeups. But there should always be an angle to figure it out, whether that be through writeups or mechanics or hints. A bastard game is supposed to be a puzzle, a game where the players have to think flexibly and use the fact that conventions aren't being followed to figure it out.

Seeing people use "but it's bastard" and defend a game just being trollish for the sake of it with no element of a puzzle in the game is just making me want to bury my face in my hands, because none of you seem to know what you're talking about lol, and I don't say that to be rude. It's really not easy for any host to host a bastard game because it's a fine line between exciting puzzle and trollish waste of time.

Think of it like a detective story that breaks Knox's Decalogue or something. But it's aware of this, and has a route to solve the mystery via being aware of this, and fundamentally remains fairly solvable. At the end, is when the author, or in this case the host, should be turning to us and saying "ha, here are the clues, here is the solution, here are the elements you needed to think about, what do you think of that?" - and we all say "damn, well played, we were outwitted" or perhaps some caught on. To further this analogy here, this reveal is like the author triumphantly telling us there was no mystery, and then us as readers celebrating this because anything goes if it's bastard. No, it doesn't work that way, it's not supposed to work that way.

Please can we have some respect for the term and not host a bastard game until we're at a comfort level as a host where we can tread all over conventions and rules and still create a game that is solvable. Please can we not fall into the trap of "anything is fine if you say it's bastard".
its solveable
lots of players figured their sanities by night 2 and started killing others
its a trial and error
also when u kill a player u also more or less know u r most likely the same sanity as them so their results can help u find ur sanity too

its unconventional tho yes. but its solvable. even if i lied about few results but not the full setup it will be just as hatd to solve, except maybe mafia does lie here

the idea still remains same. all 4 teams have fair and equal chance to win. solve ur teams sanities and ur partners' sanities and use that to win

i think the expectations when coming here was too high hence the disappointment. its totally understandable.

Emil

Certified Memelord
@Ekkologix That's a funny setup. 2 years ago I played a game similar to this and the funny part was all the other mafia team thought I was their traitor they were looking for and they all visited me on night 1 expecting to recruit their missing traitor. I was mafia and I luckily found my traitor on night 1 and my mafia team were the only team who found their traitor.
that sounds cool too lol
too many possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.