Break Week POLL: Does Toei Conspire against Sanji

Does Toei conspire against Sanji to make him look bad

• Total voters
This seems like a quite dishonest way of shifting people's attention from the actual problem.

Why do you need to talk about whether or not there's some "conspiracy" instead of just comparing Sanji's scenes in the manga and the modified ones in the anime to see how obvious it is that the changes are making Sanji look weaker than he is intended to be by Oda?

It's clear that it's because you want to win the argument by just causing an emotional negative impression caused by the word "conspiracy", without taking the trouble to make direct comparisons between each situation in the manga and in the anime, which would clearly show how wrong you are.

People who replied that people in Toei are just using common sense are all idiots.

Last edited:
This seems like a quite dishonest way of shifting people's attention from the actual problem.

Why do you need to talk about whether or not there's some "conspiracy" instead of just comparing Sanji's scenes in the manga and the modified ones in the anime to see how obvious it is that the changes are making Sanji look weaker than he is intended to be by Oda?

People who replied that people in Toei are just using common sense are all idiots.
Because you are all calling Toei dishonest because of how it depicts Sanji in his fight vs King

In your eyes and other Sanji stans eyes Toei is trash because they make Sanji look terrible

G

Gorosei Informer

They have made him look amazing here and there especially at WCI and even at Wano but there at other times in this arc too and elsewhere where they, well, I'll let it speak for itself:

I can't find the clips of Sanji and child Nami from Film Z now but I'm sure you're all aware of it by now ofc.

And the extra stuff that did make him look better ofc too:

Whatever their reasons and thinking, they are making Sanji look both better and worse too and it's definitely intentional too ofc.

They have made him look amazing here and there especially at WCI and even at Wano but there at other times in this arc too and elsewhere where they, well, I'll let it speak for itself:

I can't find the clips of Sanji and child Nami from Film Z now but I'm sure you're all aware of it by now ofc.

And the extra stuff that did make him look better ofc too:

Whatever their reasons and thinking, they are making Sanji look both better and worse too and it's definitely intentional too ofc.
Shooting Star Soba Kick is nice to see in terms of aesthetics, but it ended up making Sanji look weaker, because he wasn't able to knock out Page One even though he looked like he was going all out with the raid suit.
And it got even worse because he used the same move on King, and King humiliated him by blocking the kick with the palm of his hand.
So there's a lot more reason to think that the addition of Shooting Star Soba Kick in the anime was terrible for Sanji.

On the other hand, they really did a great job in Film Z. I believe Sanji has never looked so powerful animated as he did in his fight with Bins.

G

Gorosei Informer

Shooting Star Soba Kick is nice to see in terms of aesthetics, but it ended up making Sanji look weaker, because he wasn't able to knock out Page One even though he looked like he was going all out with the raid suit.
And it got even worse because he used the same move on King, and King humiliated him by blocking the king with the palm of his hand.
So there a lot more reason to think that the addition of Shooting Star Soba Kick in the anime was terrible for Sanji.

On the other hand, they really did a great job in Film Z. I believe Sanji has never looked so powerful animated as he did in his fight with Bins.
Aye thats very true! I was so pissed off with how they made it so weak vs King and King humiliated him as you said. I suppose its a case of flashiness/hype and thus style over substance and they added that move to make it seem a lot better than it was really was unfortunately?

The Bins fight was great! One of my fave moments in the movie, they really snapped with the animation for that film especially Zoro's and Sanji's fights and I loved it! Legit was hyped and gassed for Sanji there!
Post automatically merged:

This scene from Film Gold is great too:

I haven't mentioned either but Toei did do something wonderful and powerful with Sanji at WCI. There was a scene he was sat crying amongst some beaten chess soldiers and after flash of lightning, we see them as the chefs from Baratie specifically I believe, laying there dead instead. A truly haunting, emotional and powerful moment as brief as it was and it was filler too!

Also that Sanji fight from Film Z you mentioned too ofc:

And to think of it too, this team up with Robin which I loved vs "discount Mirio from MHA" (and funnily enough has the composer of MHA for this movie!) was great too!:

Found the scene I was looking for, such a profound scene in such a brief moment:

I'm sure this wasn't in the manga too?^ That shot of the "dead chefs"?

Also you guys may enjoy this ofc:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lanjino. :hihihi:

Sanji's VA fucked Oda's wife

Now Oda will fuck Sanji's VA's career
This joke will never not amuse me. :gokulaugh:

Overall? Nope

But recently? Absolutely, its funny as hell how hard they are trying, cuz they are not just making Sanji look bad on purpose, they are trying to use that to wank Zoro

From creating several non canon scenes to adding non existant quotes :suresure:
What quotes and what scenes are those? :seriously:

I won't call it a conspiracy, they just don't care about Sanji and they always try their best to make him look bad distorting the manga:goyea:
Its not like he's struggling against people he shouldn't, Sanji did not get commander portrayal in the manga until the Queen fight started. Prior to that He was around the Veteran level characters.

Its not like he's struggling against people he shouldn't, Sanji did not get commander portrayal in the manga until the Queen fight started. Prior to that He was around the Veteran level characters.
Don't know how you can think that when he crushed Yonji who was portrayed about Veteran Level characters like Daifuku

Yasheen prior to 1015 the Manga does not make it clear that Sanji is on Commander level. We see people below Commander press Sanji multiple times. Before Onigashima.

Judge is well above veterans he has the feats and portrayal
Sanji was holding Pudding in the panel provided. Hence why later in the arc he was handling a much bigger genie
Page One fight was a stomp. Sanji wasn’t even hurt it was just used to showcase the raid suit.

Judge is well above veterans he has the feats and portrayal
Sanji was holding Pudding in the panel provided. Hence why later in the arc he was handling a much bigger genie
Page One fight was a stomp. Sanji wasn’t even hurt it was just used to showcase the raid suit.
We didn't see Judge fight Snack to know anything, and yea im sure there's a lot of asterisk to these put again its not commander portrayal. Nobody looks at these panels and thinks , oh yea Sanji could potentially defeat Jack or Cracker.

We didn't see Judge fight Snack to know anything, and yea im sure there's a lot of asterisk to these put again its not commander portrayal. Nobody looks at these panels and thinks , oh yea Sanji could potentially defeat Jack or Cracker.
They do once the Germa siblings that Sanji was stronger than shows up and fights big moms entire army.

Or the scene where he cracks the strongest Charlotte Childs collarbone with a basic kick after moving so fast it stopped time

Or the scene where Judge cheats in order to win against Sanji but then beats someone who was strong enough to be considered a Sweet General. Offscreened or not, it’s clear what happened and that judge who was portrayed above his kids who were portrayed as top veteran level fighters was in the commander range

There are a series of asterisks because Oda kept Sanjis strength secondary. Because that’s not what his character is about and not what Oda wanted to showcase. But when you look back, it was clear that by the time Sanji was leaving WCI he was already in the low commander range.

It’s like saying Zoro was at best veteran range until he got Enma because:
1. He got beat by the yeti cool brothers
2. He was knocked out by a nerf killer
3. He was toyed with by Denjiro who’s veteran level himself.

But we all know Zoro was also in the commander range by Wanos start as well.