Character Discussion POLL: Is King a True Swordsman

Is King a Legit Swordsman

• Total voters
Having a sword = being a mere swordsman was one of the most stupid thing going on in diverse forums, now it's officially over, thanks God.

I read abomination like Gol D. Roger being the WSS just cause he has a sword, forgetting that he had fists and guns and was the perfect representation of a pirate.

These logical voids come from the power level mentality and our headcanon, about Mihawk, eos Zoro, luckily Oda doesn't gives a quak about that and created strong fighters with swords but also other styles and with other weapons that not necessarily have to be "ranked" lower than these two fan favorite pure swordsmen.

Just theoretically, I would not give a damn if an emperor or an admiral were stronger than the first subordinate and his enemy, we don't even know if Rayleigh was on par with his captain's enemy (admirals, huge pirates-Yonkou like)

Man the saltines with these guys...
Don't worry and don't try to downplay king because.
A: you guys hyped him to the heavens.
B: he is the king of the three calamities for a reason.. Even Queen put king last in the last chapter while he was raping...
C: sanji could have some interaction with king later on and you guys would look kinda silly trying to overhype king yet again....
Don't forget that the possibility of Zoro doing something more against kaido is increased after the last chapter. And if that happens sanji vs king could happen...

If King fights with a sword, he is a swordsman. Saying otherwise is like saying Big Mom isn't fat.

Zoro: I see...so you're some sorta killing machine huh
King: Is there a need for stuff like styles & forms in battle?
Zoro: Well, I guess that's true...!!
Zoro: You didn't refer to yourself as a swordsman after all
Zoro: Do as you will!!
Zoro: I too might just bite your throat off...
Zoro: ...when I deal the final blow on you
Zoro: I can't afford to lose...!!
King: .........
Kawamatsu: Boss Hyogoro...
Kawamatsu: When Hiyori decided to give "Enma" to that man...
Kawamatsu: ...there is a reason I couldn't bring myself to completely stop her...!!

Zoro never discounted King as a swordsman. His comment is referring to his fighting style not limiting itself swordsmanship. It's a response to King questioning Zoro sticking to only swordsmanship.
Swordsmanship is the fighting style of swordsmen.

Since king doesn’t limit himself to it he’s not a swordsman. Or are people going to argue Queen is also a swordsman.