Speculations Possible reason why Kiku was crying at the end of chapter 985.

Before Kanjuro joined Oden as his retainer, he used to collect the hair of all people passing through his way to make brushes or something.

And we know that he currently possesses the corpse of Yasuie the Hedgehog

Yasuie did have thickass hair

so maybe Kanjuro used something related to him against the scabbards that made Kiku cry, Oden and the scabbards were pretty close with him after all and Yasuie recently also sacrificed his life so it even hits hard for Kiku and the rest

OR just like @K!NG HARA$H!MA had said Kanjuro drew Oden to fight with the scabbards

Last edited by a moderator:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Before Kanjuro joined Oden as his retainer, he used to collect the hair of all people passing through his way to make brushes or something.

And we know that he currently possesses the corpse of Yasuie the Hedgehog

Yasuie did have thickass hair

so maybe Kanjuro used something related to him against the scabbards that made Kiku cry, Oden and the scabbards were pretty close with him after all and Yasuie recently also sacrificed his life so it even hits hard for Kiku and the rest

OR just like @K!NG HARA$H!MA had said Kanjuro drew Oden to fight with the scabbards

Think you’ve connected the dots correctly here...ever since Kanjuro was revealed as the traitor, I’ve wondered what became of Yasuie’s body. I guess a lot of it depends on whether or not Oda wants him to be redeemed at some point - if he does, then perhaps Kanjuro really didn’t desecrate his remains, but if not, maybe there’s a brush made of Yasuie’s hair that created an art clone of the man all the other Scabbards would be reticent to fight. I guess Oden still makes the most sense emotionally, but this could also be it. Nice post, man! :sabogood:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Oh, shit!! This is a fucked up thought I just had, but stay with me...what if Kanjuro disguised Yasuie’s body AS OROCHI and brought him “back to life” through his animation powers, and THAT’S who Kaido just sliced apart in this last chapter?! The real Orochi could reveal himself next chapter and explain that he felt like Kaido would betray him, and the use of Yasuie’s remains for such a nefarious purpose would give the Scabbards that much more reason to crush the remaining Kurozumis after their recent escapes from death.

This is not a steadfast theory, I literally just came up with it and didn’t do any research, so keep that in mind, everyone already gearing up to quote me with some bullshit.

Oh, shit!! This is a fucked up thought I just had, but stay with me...what if Kanjuro disguised Yasuie’s body AS OROCHI and brought him “back to life” through his animation powers, and THAT’S who Kaido just sliced apart in this last chapter?! The real Orochi could reveal himself next chapter and explain that he felt like Kaido would betray him, and the use of Yasuie’s remains for such a nefarious purpose would give the Scabbards that much more reason to crush the remaining Kurozumis after their recent escapes from death.

This is not a steadfast theory, I literally just came up with it and didn’t do any research, so keep that in mind, everyone already gearing up to quote me with some bullshit.
Lol it could be because we don't know what kind of devil fruit our boi Kanjuro has like it is most likely ink related but what if it's something like if the user of this fruit makes a drawing out of someone's hair, then only they can come to life with their personalities or something idk. Oda tends to give hints to let us guess but also subverts our expectations so who knows.

Amazingly sickening.

Totally forgot he actually had Yasuie's body under his possession... and yeah.. Yasuie's hair was thick and Kanjuro was taking hairs of people to make brushes.... it's a nice link....and god knows what kind of twisted ideas Kanjuro has conjured up with, and it could link to his powers and everything.

He wasn't able to get Oden's hair as his entire body was boiled to his death, but Yasuie's corpse being under his possession, imagine he could make a complete replica of him using his hair, and getting him to fight the scabbards alongside him, like a puppet.....

Not to mention, Yasuie was someone whom the scabbards hold dear... if it wasn't for him, they would've never become what they are today..... Nice speculation, OP.

W

wordyworm

Nice theory! I've always wondered why he needed to sell brushes for a living. Couldn't he, you know, paint things to sell? (I get that he might not have been a great artist or was keeping his talent hidden, but still...) Plus, wouldn't his only living relatives who had put all their faith and trust in him spot him some grocery money? What I mean is that the "selling brushes for a living" thing might have been a lie he told to Oden, and the true reason he makes brushes out of people's hair is because it gives him power over those people. That would explain why he targeted Oden and match with your theory too.