Future Events Post Wano

Will we see a Davyback fight before EOS?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yes, but not in Elbaf

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In my humble opinion; It was a missed opportunity that Roger and Whiteboard’s fight wasn’t a Davy back fight and that be the way Oden swaps crews. Essentially gambling Oden away doesn’t take away from his desire to follow Roger deep down and makes it seem less beta that WB let him leave
But, Foxy’s arc didn’t happen for no reason...Because of this; Luffy and Shanks must have a DBF for the final road poneglyph on Elbaf

Elbaf can’t possibly be skipped, but with this saga shaping out the be the 2nd to last in the current storyline, the only way it fits is if yonko are still involved
Loki can’t possibly be the major arc villain if Luffy defeats Linlin in Wano, as that’ll probably earn him a position in good standings amongst the giants, but an arc taking place on the strongest isolated militarized new world island with no fights seems lackluster

The way I see it: Luffy and co. Will have to escape Wano quickly due to marine interference and sustained injuries
Because of that^ Robin won’t knowledge dump the info from the 5+ current poneglyphs until it’s revealed that the final RP is present on the island they’ve all just arrived on and it all happens at once-> Elbaf
This’ll be Shanks turf
Mihawk will have taken refuge here to escape marines
Luffy will have just recently been acknowledged as a great pirate so the timing will be perfect
They’ll win, obtain the RP, Zoro may stalemate and postpone his battle with Mihawk “temporarily”. They’ll leave there and head towards Laugh tale
Blackbeard will drop by just after Luffy to kill everyone and follow him to Laugh tale :D

Bonus points if Loki has a Dope ass mystical Zoan and Blackbeard ends up with it

I think this scenario isn't that unlikely.

Oda will want to have one more light-hearted arc between the pretty dark (at least for OP standards) Wano, Laugh Tale and Final War arc.

Having a Davy Back Fight with Shanks, which has been teasered for a long time now, would be a great way to "defeat" Shanks, while not having to clobber him up.

I don't like Davy Back fight at all so no.:kayneshrug:
I’m not huge on them either, but never bringing it up again makes that arc seem so redundant and I’m not ready to think even early one piece Oda would write like that
Also, Oda including Shanks and Mihawk into it and tweaking the matchups would make it so much more interesting

And a fight against Shanks wouldn’t be bloodlusted either way IMO

What has Shanks have to do with my post :choppawhat:
Well I’m assuming the statements made by editors you’re referring to are things that would take precedence over this Davyback fight, and in my headcanon; the Davyback fight is the best way to showcase Luffy being an equal or greater pirate than Shanks once they meet
Unless Shanks just goes off his past accomplishments

In my humble opinion; It was a missed opportunity that Roger and Whiteboard’s fight wasn’t a Davy back fight and that be the way Oden swaps crews. Essentially gambling Oden away doesn’t take away from his desire to follow Roger deep down and makes it seem less beta that WB let him leave
But, Foxy’s arc didn’t happen for no reason...Because of this; Luffy and Shanks must have a DBF for the final road poneglyph on Elbaf

Elbaf can’t possibly be skipped, but with this saga shaping out the be the 2nd to last in the current storyline, the only way it fits is if yonko are still involved
Loki can’t possibly be the major arc villain if Luffy defeats Linlin in Wano, as that’ll probably earn him a position in good standings amongst the giants, but an arc taking place on the strongest isolated militarized new world island with no fights seems lackluster

The way I see it: Luffy and co. Will have to escape Wano quickly due to marine interference and sustained injuries
Because of that^ Robin won’t knowledge dump the info from the 5+ current poneglyphs until it’s revealed that the final RP is present on the island they’ve all just arrived on and it all happens at once-> Elbaf
This’ll be Shanks turf
Mihawk will have taken refuge here to escape marines
Luffy will have just recently been acknowledged as a great pirate so the timing will be perfect
They’ll win, obtain the RP, Zoro may stalemate and postpone his battle with Mihawk “temporarily”. They’ll leave there and head towards Laugh tale
Blackbeard will drop by just after Luffy to kill everyone and follow him to Laugh tale :D

Bonus points if Loki has a Dope ass mystical Zoan and Blackbeard ends up with it
Agreed with until the Mihawk part:whitepress:

I personally don't "get" this whole DBF idea with Shanks. It virtually has no merit in the story. Everytime Luffy is mentioned to Shanks, he often looks at his poster's competitively, in an almost violent kind of way. Luffy has proclaimed, twice now, that he want to beat and physically take down all 4 Yonko, as long as Shanks isn't first. There is no indication of Shanks wanting to have a chill battle with Luffy in this case. I'm honestly not even sure people want this over an actual, emotional fight with a character who we actually don't know what his true motivations are. Also, being the person closest to Mihawk, and with Mihawk being Zoro's last fight most likely, im surprised people aren't really catching onto the idea that he might serve as the final fight in the series, ending as it began: Luffy and Shanks.

I also don't think there will be a "lighthearted" arc before the end. Things are about to get much more serious outside of Wano. What does seem possible is Elbaf/Vegapunk etc screams a big adventure arc with crazy concepts, but it can be every bit as serious as most other arcs are towards the climax.

Last edited: