Votes: 10 10.6%

Votes: 8 8.5%

Votes: 10 10.6%

Votes: 16 17.0%

Votes: 5 5.3%

Votes: 2 2.1%

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
7 he is a good and powerfull villain,and a real pirate he makes name of his title,yet is no better than others, like croco,enel or dofla the only thing that i Don't like of him is when he cries but probably that will be explain in a flashback that could go to 8/9

On design I'd give him a 9. He is a badass looking character, both in base and in his Zoan form. As for his character itself, I'd give him a 4. I'm not sure what Oda wants Kaido to be. He wants to start a war that will be the biggest war ever, but he's also a drunk that has little control over his crew, at the same time he also wants to die, which doesn't mesh with his desire to create a huge war/ become pirate king. If he had a more clear overall goal, I think he'd be a better character.

Also, and this is a problem with One Piece villains in general, but is particularly bad with Kaido: finishing the protagonists off. You just killed Oden, you have his son Momonosuke IN YOUR HANDS, the only man who can really exact revenge. What do we do with him? Let's just toss him in the vortex. You've defeated the Scabbards, they're on their last breath, should we finish them off? Nah, let's monologue for a few minutes for Luffy to come up and save the day. Etc.

Finally, my biggest issue with Kaido. Despite his menacing appearance he is not threatening in the slightest. Compare him to guys like cold blooded Lucci, the charismatic Doflamingo, the calculating Akainu. He's a massive step down from guys like those who actually felt like threatening villains. Kaido, the man who's said to be unkillable, the strongest being in all of land, sea, or air, is more on the level of Don Krieg in terms of aura imo. Which is a massive blunder on Oda's part imo if he wanted to make Wano a great arc.

Maybe a proper flashback will change my opinion on him, but for now he's a solid 4 in the character department.

Worst

Custom title
Design - > 10 / 10
Strength - > 10 / 10
Character development - > 5 / 10

We should wait the end of the arc to give a judgement , since after his latest reveals there might be some more interesting aspects to know about him ( like he knows about Joy Boy and he chosed Wano for a reson this might play a big role for his character delopment )
He is living up to his hype for sure, like he basically squashed the top guys of the alliance all by himself (several times lol) but yea his character development is not the best, i mean i get that he wants to submit people but i wanted him to be a bit more brutal in the fights( not that he isn't but it's probably bc of the plot armor.... he's too stronk to let him do as he pleases :josad:)

he's still my top 1

Very bad

Kaido is the synonymous of Darkseid or Thanos

Both have personalities and the aura of unbeatable
They are strong but more they are "smart" something Kaido and BM fail to show just like the numbers oversized and stupid

Kaido has no real danger aura, no vibe of unbeatable, no brain just big and stupid

Oda couldn't draw it that's all let's hope both die here and we forgot this arc

2-3/10

He has a lot of generic and contradicting goals:

1- building the strongest pirate crew: incompetent, weak and pethetic crew with shitty designs and poor portrayal and influence on the arc, tens of thousands of fodder.
-Waiters, giftres, headliners, pleasures: fodder.
-F6, numbers: one shot material.
-Calamities: a trinity of very powerful individuals with zero influence on the arc.

2- die: i guess this is oda's excuse for kaido's lack of aggressiveness, which sucks btw.

3- start a massive war that will destroy the world: he could've started that war whenever he wants, but he's completely relying on doflamingo to do preparation, a war that will start regardless whenever someone finds the one piece.

4- find the one piece: just a stepping stone to start the final war, also a casual goal for all pirates, he also does nothing toward this goal, didn't ask oden or the scabbards about it despite oda telling us that was the reason he killed oden and now targeting the scabbards.

5- build new onigashima/pirate paradise: why would someone who's eager for war hid himself in a natural fortress like wano, also pirate paradise already exists in beehive island.

6- find the ancient weapons: he already has a country of weapon factories, wait... Orotchi made it that way.

7- rule the world: contradicts with 3, you can't rule a wasteland, but looking at wano i guess that's his vision for a decent world, which shows his poor taste.

Other reasons why he sucks:

-He is supposed to be defeated in a matter of hours, keep in mind that he is considered by the world to be the world's strongest creature, when we have canon confirmation that wars between top tiers take days to conclude.
-He fought with big mom for an entire night without a scratch, and now he gets wounded by weaker opponents than him.
-He fell from 10000 meters and just issued a "sigh", and now he is screaming in pain from mere papercuts.
-He is supposed to get his will broken and accept defeat, despite his ridiculous entroduction feats, and what hellish experiences he lived through.
-He is supposed to be defeated in a 1v1 fight.
-He didn't kill the scabbards.

I often see people saying “wait for Kaido’s backstory to decide if he is garbage or not.” To those people I say:

Doflamingo was a phenomenal villain before Oda gave him a backstory. So was Katakuri. Oda never even gave Crocodile a backstory and he is still regarded as one of the best antagonists in One Piece by fans. This idea that Kaido will somehow be saved by a backstory is nonsense. Kaido is shit now and will forever be remembered as one of the shittiest antagonists in One Piece. I cant wait until Oda has flushed this waste of time down the toilet.
This is a common vice among modern consummers without much more perspective than their direct context and time, and I say this because the whole narrative of needing a backstory to add depth is typical of recent products such as those crappy prequels we've been suffering the last twenty years about whatever classic villain whose traumatic past is revealed in the most cliché story possible.

A good character doesn't need a backstory, you don't need to "know more" about how much they cried after their beloved mom died for it to work. People who think otherwise commonly happen to not appreciate execution but concepts put in a void, which is also a common taste nowadays. "Kaido, a laboratory-made, perfect creature, cried a lot, then was furious, now he's bored of the world because he's invincible and wants to kill himself"; doesn't matter whatever you put on paper, because if you can't execute it properly in current events, then it's bad.

No backstory can fix more than a hundred of chapters given to this individual. Even his downfall feels uninspired as it's just a succession of different people punching and cutting him hard. Okay...?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I give him a 3. No charisma, no appeal, very contradictory, and a mess. And that 3 is me giving him the benefit of the doubt.

A good character doesn't need a backstory, you don't need to "know more" about how much they cried after their beloved mom died for it to work.
Correct. One of the best villains in all of fiction, if not the best, the Joker has no backstory, with the exception of that one done a long long time ago, but that was also immediately questioned by the Joker himself when he says he remembers his old life differently at times. Even in the movie they never made it clear if he's the og Joker or just an inspiration for the Joker we know. But he doesn't need it at all to function as a great character and villain.

In his introduction he seemed just your average villain beefcake. And that was a 4. Now it is not he has done something incredible but at least with the Oden story, allaiances twists (BM and Orochi), twisted relation with his weirdo daugther I want to give him a 6. Then of course he lacks and will eventually get his backstory and that will be the final. Anyway for sure he is not, and will not be either way, among the best villains of this manga.

WTF we know about Kaido? Nothing!
WTF we know about Kaido intentions? Nothing!

I just know that so far Kaido seems to make no sense. He was mad about not having a real fight with Oden but kills him instead of giving him a chance of fighting again.
He was with Orochi so long for what? What were the purpose of smiles if all users are weak? Why he didn't propose an alliance with BM sooner? Nothing makes sense.

Physical design is perfect. The most perfect One Piece character in my opinion.

Story concept: Good. Want to collect an army of beasts and also weaponries.

Story execution: Poor. Kaidou's beasts as a result of his plan, are not frightening at all.

Character: Anti-climactic. Him getting so mentally shaken until now by Oden's attack or presence, even though he can endure so much more by powerlevel, is butchering his character. But none of that can top him depending on the hostage' presence to finally get a sneak attack in. Thats the ultimate betrayal to Kaidou's supposedly character's soul as a war master.

Conclusion: poorly executed for the sake of Oden hype and giving plot armors to the alliance.

Physical design is perfect. The most perfect One Piece character in my opinion.

Story concept: Good. Want to collect an army of beasts and also weaponries.

Story execution: Poor. Kaidou's beasts as a result of his plan, are not frightening at all.

Character: Anti-climactic. Him getting so mentally shaken until now by Oden's attack or presence, even though he can endure so much more by powerlevel, is butchering his character. But none of that can top him depending on the hostage' presence to finally get a sneak attack in. Thats the ultimate betrayal to Kaidou's supposedly character's soul as a war master.

Conclusion: poorly executed for the sake of Oden hype and giving plot armors to the alliance.
^This. Just for the sake of Japanese samurai fetish, Kaidou was butchered in a big way. Oden really did nothing much that Kaidou need to have PTSD but Oda being retarded it has happened. Like I tell you, Oden flashback was a downfall of Kaidou character.

Beats his daughter, this alone is enough to give 0/10.

His motives were to start a major war, from the looks of it, he is failing at that.
An army that was prepared to take on the world was dealt by a 9 year old kid. So, his planning lacks depth. He is overconfident.
He wanted to die, but when he faced death, he got himself some hostages to get away from it (I am talking about when Oden returned and invaded into Orochi's place, where they agreed on a deal that Kaido will leave after 5 years).

Luffy make him look weak now, just based on how Luffy shown growth in these 2 3 fights.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
A 0/10. I already explained my stance on Kaido in more detail in the below post, and the only thing I would throw in:

I often see people saying “wait for Kaido’s backstory to decide if he is garbage or not.” To those people I say:

Doflamingo was a phenomenal villain before Oda gave him a backstory. So was Katakuri. Oda never even gave Crocodile a backstory and he is still regarded as one of the best antagonists in One Piece by fans. This idea that Kaido will somehow be saved by a backstory is nonsense. Kaido is shit now and will forever be remembered as one of the shittiest antagonists in One Piece. I cant wait until Oda has flushed this waste of time down the toilet.
Bu-bu-but Kaido is gonna have the saddest backstory of the saddest backstories and you are a bad person if you don't like him after that.
=(