Rank the Coalition Army Commanders

The most capable general is:

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I don't think there's a big gap between Ordo and a very young GHM (who was inferior to Reiou, even 2-3 years later) and Keisha tbf. I'd definitely have Ordo over GHM in the mountains, for eg.
yeah in the mountains I agree but in plains (where most fights happens in the story) I think young GHM would have the advantage.

Ordo army is likely quite strong physically due to his mountains tribes but GHM was better at siege with his huge machines, and GHM was quite smarter than him.

And I think GHM was overall more impressive during the coalition arc compared to Ordo. GHM even young had more feats and more accolade.

1. Karin. Easily the most dangerous individual amongst the Coalition commanders. She demonstrated her broader vision when she sent orders for the HQ to pass out - fighting conservatively and that in 10 days Kankoku pass should fall- which was the strategy then employed by the Coalition (though the days were then ricalculated by Riboku). She devised deadly plan to take Kankou pass who caught the Qin completely off guard (Riboku as well) and only Ousen prevented the catasthrophe. She also claims to have the same strenght of Kanmei and though this is likely an exaggeration, she should be an hell of a warrior who can lead charges from the front as well.

2. Keisha. A great instinctual commander with a knack for devising traps who was able to read the moves of Duke Hyou and put him in a bad spot. Riboku said that Keisha was able to beat him in war games a fair share of times.

3. Kanmei. I'll say this : his duel with Moubu was fucking epic, one of the very best in the manga. That said, I've never been enthusiastic about Kanmei. Sure he was the Commander in chief of the Chu army, sure he took 100 cities and never had a loss in his career, sure he defeated Oukotsu, sure he was considered the strongest man in China. But I that think Oukotsu, with his individual might and likely not brilliant mind for strategy/tactics, was very much a match made from heaven for Kanmei (and Kanmei might have been underrated by him as well). If Kanmei and his army went against someone like say Gyou’Un with his insticts/tactics (Gyou'un, not Ouki or Renpa), the Chu are in fucking trouble. The power from his individual might, charges and morale boosting was absolutely great though.

4. Gohoumei. He had a few tricks up his sleeve, from siege towers to giant crossbows. He's also able to use formations like the Ryuudou. That being said, he still has quite the grow to do at this point in time.

5. Ordo. As much as he might get memed, the guy absolutely has skills and understanding of warfare. But going up against Ousen, you're going to take that L.

6. Seikai. Nice poison skills but my man Chou Tou (:catcry:) still sent you to the next world.

Last edited:
You'll gotta stop shitting on Kanmei. Man was the a leading Great General of the great state of Chu. Man had everything, unrivaled individual strength. Awesomely strong army and an impressive collection of HQ officers.
Moubu turned that around by directly challenging him and winning. If it was a clash of armies Moubu was going to lose hard. Moubu basically gambled on a gambit and won.

Kanmei was definitely the one with highest achievements amongst all the generals previously before coalition war but the best and the beast amongst all including Riboku was only Karin.

At Kankoku pass, everyone was getting failed with there tactics and those at HQ couldn't even think of one possible way to bring it down or get past it but it was Karin who successfully let her soldiers got bypass the gate and to open them from inside. This surprised both Riboku and most experienced amongst all SSK.

Though here SHK and Ousen beat them all as Ousen's role of not only shaking off or hold enemy at left side of the pass but also defend gate at most crucial moment whenever enemy going to enter.

So Glad to see that the community sees Great General Karin the way i do. She's a major threat and was the best general for the coalition.

Kanmei >~ Karin > Keisha >~ GHM ~ Seikai > Rinbunkun > Ordo

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Performance wise yea. Rinbunkun was no slouch.
Ordo vs RBK : I bet on Ordo any day

Ordo has better portrayal being a great general and being part of the main generals of the coalition (for Yan).

Also his tribe army and his mountain game is not to be underestimated.

And he was against Ousen during the collation so even if he was clowned he was clowned against someone huge.

Ordo vs RBK : I bet on Ordo any day

Ordo has better portrayal being a great general and being part of the main generals of the coalition (for Yan).

Also his tribe army and his mountain game is not to be underestimated.

And he was against Ousen during the collation so even if he was clowned he was clowned against someone huge.
I ranked them per performance and importance during the Coalition.

If Rinbunkun didn't go down Qin would've never reached Kanmei.

Ordo failed completely and yes he was up against Ousen but Rinbunkun was up against Tou.

Generally i have Ordo above RBK as well(not riboku lol)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Since I never gave my full ranking, I will do so here:

1. Kanmei / Karin: Kanmei for obvious reasons, he had a service record literally only rivaled by Hakuki himself, and defeated a Qin 6 member in overwhelming fashion. Iirc Riboku described him as an embodiment of the Coalition Army’s martial might, and he’s still to this day a top 3 character in strength, ever. He also had a seemingly really wise strategist serving him, as well as other commanders who looked pretty strong.

Karin is less experienced but her talent is extreme. She hijacked the entire Coalition War by causing the Coalition army to fight using attrition warfare even when he technically had no authority to make this call, and she almost master-minded the fall of the pass itself. She also claimed to be as strong as Kanmei in a fight but overall she’s probably weaker.

2. Keisha - really the only commander who managed to accomplish anything at all against his opponent, had Shin not interfered Keisha may have actually defeated Duke Hyou…it’s unclear but he had Duke Hyou in a really bad spot on day one.

3. Ordo - I think current Gohoumei has surpassed him but Ordo is pretty underrated. He’s like Yan’s Yotanwa, and their only commander capable of leading hundreds of thousands of men. He was actually ready to fight Shibashou until he realized that Riboku was going behind him and recapturing the territory Yan had just taken.

4. Gohoumei - the best seige General in China, but he was very inexperienced at the time compared to the other commanders present, and he lacked access to powerful martial generals such as Ranbihaku that he gains later on. So I think this is the best place to put him at that point in the story.

5. Seikai - poor Han lol.

EDIT: oh shit. I forgot Rinbukun lol, I’d put him probably equal to Houmei I guess.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I ranked them per performance and importance during the Coalition.

If Rinbunkun didn't go down Qin would've never reached Kanmei.

Ordo failed completely and yes he was up against Ousen but Rinbunkun was up against Tou.

Generally i have Ordo above RBK as well(not riboku lol)
Tou beat RBK clean without much difficulties

But even except that : Ousen mind > Tou strength.

and you put Karin as 2 almost equal to Kanmei

Yet when Karin had to face Ousen mind her whole grand scheme was erased. Ousen is just insane.

If Ordo was against Tou things wouldnt have been that easy for him.

Keisha above GHM is interesting - I would disagree. Especially when you consider China itself considered Karin and GHM to be the two new starlets to pop up in that army. I assume Keisha would be considered a newcomer to China as well, even if SSK did recognise him.