• Part 8 Jojolion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
How would you rank all the Jojo parts?

My personal ranking is Part 5=Part 7>Part 3>Part 8>Part 4=Part 6>Part 2>Part 1

I liked Part 5 fights the most, and I also liked all of the main guys. Part 7's race was awesome too, and the fights and stands were especially dope.

Part 3 gang is just too swaggy. I liked the villain of the week formula. When I think of Jojo, I think of Part 3.

Part 8 was definitely the weirdest Jojo yet. Most unique stands and fights. Some downright scary and weird shit in it. I'll probably like it more once the final volumes are colored.

Part 4 and Part 6 were both unique, both definitely had great casts. I liked some of the Part 4 villains a lot, they seemed more personal to the heroes.

Part 2 and Part 1 were also great, but I like stands way more than hamon, and I feel like the supporting casts of future parts are much better too.

D

Dragomir

Part 5 >= Part 7 > Part 4 > Part 3 > Part 2 > Part 6 > Part 1.

Excluding Part 8 since I haven't finished it yet. Y'all definitely are not capping about it being the weirdest though. I was already going "wtf" just from reading the first chapter. Every other part has been bizarre, yes, but Araki really decided to take it up another level for JoJolion. I'll revisit this thread after completing 8.

I just barely prefer Golden Wind to SBR. They're both amazing, but 5 has my favorite character–Giorno–and that's the tiebreaker for me. I also liked the fights in 5 the most. It has the best fights of all the parts imo. I prefer 7's plot though.

Part 4 for me was a breath of fresh air after the craziness of 2 and 3. I really enjoyed Josuke and could relate to him a lot as a teenager. Not to mention, DIU has the best villain. One of the GOATs in all of anime.

For Parts 2 and 3 I don't think there's anything wrong with them, I enjoyed them. Jotaro is cool, the Pillar Men are awesome, Joseph is great, and Speedwagon's memes are fabulous. But all the parts listed above were just better to me. Battle Tendency, in particular, I think is kinda inflated. It comes after Part 1 which is the part that everyone agrees was boring and snooze. You take the excitement that Part 2 has and put it right after the most boring part, everyone's gonna love. Part 2 is where you really start to get that JoJo-y feel. Battle Tendency isn't bad, of course, but I think if you put any other part right after Phantom Blood, you get the same reaction from the fans, except for Stone Ocean.

And that leads me to Part 6. I was enjoying the beginning, but the middle part of it was dreadful for me. I was basically forcing myself to keep reading. It got better at the end and imo, Part 6 has the best ending. But aside from the beginning and end, there wasn't much that I liked. Jolyne was meh to me, always felt like she was more of a female Jotaro. Not completely one, but pretty close. Pucci was just lame. Worst villain in my eyes. F.F. was great though. Only character that I liked lmao.

Last but not least Part 1. It's the foundation part. You have to watch it to fully understand JoJo. But truth be told, it's boring. There were some fun moments, like the mansion plot with Dio and Jonathan having the craziest sibling rivalry. But after Dio's vampire conversion, it became just...meh.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Excluding Part 8 since I haven't finished it yet. Y'all definitely are not capping about it being the weirdest though. I was already going "wtf" just from reading the first chapter. Every other part has been bizarre, yes, but Araki really decided to take it up another level for JoJolion. I'll revisit this thread after completing 8.
Yeah that part had some weird ass shit.
The Blue Hawaii stand was straight out disturbing, like holy shit.

Not to mention, DIU has the best villain. One of the GOATs in all of anime.
Yeah Kira's a big goat. Most of the main Jojo villains are great, they're fights and stands are always really good.

And that leads me to Part 6. I was enjoying the beginning, but the middle part of it was dreadful for me. I was basically forcing myself to keep reading. It got better at the end and imo, Part 6 has the best ending. But aside from the beginning and end, there wasn't much that I liked. Jolyne was meh to me, always felt like she was more of a female Jotaro. Not completely one, but pretty close. Pucci was just lame. Worst villain in my eyes. F.F. was great though. Only character that I liked lmao.
Agreed, that Part definitely dragged on during the middle.

I feel like the fights weren't as good as previous parts, and wasn't a big fan of the designs and enemy stands too.

Liked the ending tho.

The little kid was also a shittier version of Koichi imo.

Pucci was a lame character.

I feel like he should have been an enemy during Part 5 and should have fought against Giorno. Since you know, Giornio is literally Dio's son.

FF was cool. Died too early.

How would you rank the main Jojo villains as characters btw?

D

Dragomir

Yeah that part had some weird ass shit.
The Blue Hawaii stand was straight out disturbing, like holy shit.
I think I stopped reading in the middle of that fight actually since that was where the colored manga stopped at iirc. But yeah, that shit was bonkers.

Agreed, that Part definitely dragged on during the middle.

I feel like the fights weren't as good as previous parts, and wasn't a big fan of the designs and enemy stands too.

Liked the ending tho.

The little kid was also a shittier version of Koichi imo.

Pucci was a lame character.

I feel like he should have been an enemy during Part 5 and should have fought against Giorno. Since you know, Giornio is literally Dio's son.

FF was cool. Died too early.
I think likewise to Part 2, the previous Part affects it. While Part 2 got a boost from coming after Part 1, Stone Ocean suffers from coming after 5 imo. Golden Wind set the bar high and 6 just falls really short of it. When you look back and compare, it's just a night and day difference in terms of quality imo.

Pucci as an enemy if Part 5 is not a bad idea. I would love to see he and Giorno's interaction and the conversation they would have.

How would you rank the main Jojo villains as characters btw?
Kira >> Funny Valentine > Dio > Diavolo > Kars >> Pucci.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
P4 > P3 >= P2 ~ P5 > P1
Anime only.

Pt 5 ending was dogshit otherwise it'd be much higher. Pt 3 last 10 eps were 12/10 which boosted it. Pt 4 is in a tier of its own so far tbh.
Yeah part 3 Egyptian part was much better than the previous arc

Part 5 > Part 3 > Part 2 >/ Part 4 > Part 1

I know part 4 is good I like Kira, I like Killer Queen, I like Josuke, I like Rohan etc. But I didn’t manage to really connect to that part, to have feelings. I can totally watch again part 5, part 3 or some episodes of part 2 and I have pleasure doing it, but I am never thinking about part 4.

if you ask me a quality ranking of each part it can be different but my fav ranking is this one.

W

Wonderful World

Hmm...

I have not finished JoJolion yet, so:

P7>P5>P6>=P4>P2>P3>P1

I loved Part 7 to death, and it was refreshing coming from Parts 1-6, but most of all, Gyro the goat was in part 7, and he was fantastic. The Spin and Stands are a superb combination. Also, Funny Valentine surprisingly became one of my favorites.

I enjoyed Vento Aureo because of Mista and Bruno. The stands were terrific, with Black Sabbath and White Album being two of my favorites.

I would have Diamond is Unbreakable slightly higher if not for Pucci and his accomplishments. Josuke (Part 4), though, is my favorite JoJo for his personality. If I could ever be friends with any JoJo, it would be him since we're both pretty similar, personality-wise.

I have P2 higher than P3 because as cool as Jotaro is, he's lame to me. Stoic/badass characters don't do it for me in any series. They need to have a lot more to them than just edgy/badass one-liners for me to like them.

Phantom Blood was a great introduction to the series, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž
Oh, this is an interesting order. What makes you think so highly of DIU and what's your issue with GW's ending?
Yeah part 3 Egyptian part was much better than the previous arc

Part 5 > Part 3 > Part 2 >/ Part 4 > Part 1

I know part 4 is good I like Kira, I like Killer Queen, I like Josuke, I like Rohan etc. But I didn’t manage to really connect to that part, to have feelings. I can totally watch again part 5, part 3 or some episodes of part 2 and I have pleasure doing it, but I am never thinking about part 4.

if you ask me a quality ranking of each part it can be different but my fav ranking is this one.
Part 5 peaked at sardinia and started a steady decline all the way to the end. Diavolo was extremely disappointing after his reveal. The dude was a bigger threat as a silhouette. The "soul light" conveniently behind heads was extremely cringeworthy nonsense even for jojo standards.
Pt 5 had the best fights and an amazing supporting cast, but the lack of a decent conclusion and a boring MC (Giorno didn't do anything for me) brings it down for me. It was a good last stretch away from maybe being the best part. Trish was also god awful, and it was her plotline which was moving the plot forward, that certainly didn't help.

For Part 4 I'm not gonna get into details. It just had the best writing from start to finish imo, best written villain and it peaked at the right time near the end (bites the dust).

Tldr;
Kira >>>> Diavolo
Josuke > Giorno
Part 4 writing > Part 5

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
Part 7
Part 2
Part 5
Part 3
Part 6
Part 4
Part 1

Still didn't read 8

Steel Ball Run was just a pleasure to read.
Funny is amazing vilain even tho i can't call him a vilain, he and Johnny were just on opposite sides of the story. He was an amazing character with interesting power. ALSO MOTHERFUCKING BLACKMORE is the GOAT. Hey Ya strongest stand in the jojo universe, Gyro is daddy.

Part 2 is literally the embodiment of what means to be JoJo. Joseph established that, he established the ranking of the Bizarre. Characters were awesome, fights were smart rather than mine stand can do this. Also GERMAN SCIENCE IS BEST IN THE WORLD. literally only time you will hear me say - Thank god Nazi's are here

Part 5 was strong, I love Giorno, the rest of the gang perfectly compliments the story. But Diavolo was a bit too OP for my liking

Part 3 and the rest were good, but they didn't capture the bizarre part enough like previous 3

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
β€Ž
Part 2 > Part 3 > Part 5 > Part 4 > Part 1 imo. Joseph is my favorite JoJo so he carry P2 for me. Lisa Lisa, Stroheim, Speedwagon, Caesar, Kars, Wamuu all are goated characters. Part 3 first half is kinda underrated. I enjoyed the journey. But the second half blown it off for me. Jotaro vs Dio is one of the best fight in JoJo. Polnareff the MVP. Part 5 are also pretty good. I liked Risotto and Giorno. Bucciarati carry P5. Part 4 is alright. Not a huge fan of Josuke unfortunately. The story is kinda slowish. Kira and Koichi carry P4 for me. And of course P1 is the most underrated JoJo part. I really like Jonathan's personality. Dio back then was actually cool. I wouldn't rate Stone Ocean just yet since it only has 12 eps but it would probably fall below P2, 3 and 5. Jolyne > Josuke for me in terms of personality. Haven't read P7 and 8.

I'm planning to read jojo but there are many seasons..
In which order i should read. I once tried to read Jojo (part 1) but didn't appealed me much..

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
β€Žβ€Ž
Now that I've seen stone ocean I will rank them again

Steel Ball Run
Diamond is Unbreakable
Stone Ocean
Golden Wind
Stardust Crusaders
Battle Tendency
Phantom Blood