Speculations Rarely occurring mother mode asspull

thoughts about why oda came up with this asspull ?

my opinion:

- get big mom out of the picture so she doesn’t go after Luffy head

- at same time shift her focus from straw hats and alliance so she doesn’t take them out

- help tama and the alliance by controlling all of the smile users

- further ruin the tension of this raid by making things more easy for the alliance so readers give up on the idea the raid failing...I mean oda cheap unpredictably that he crys about.

- Kidd not attacking her anymore because she’s on their side now... so he does something more convenient for the alliance

HOWEVER I think big mom will notice something from tama that will piss her off and things will backfire and she FINALLY :yasu: reverts back to malicious evil villain she is...there I will tear. and the PIS/CIS will come to its end ...she will probably destroy Kidd and killer on her way to Luffy too ...raid fails.

Oda has no idea how to handle Linlin and that's disappointing. Linlin has the potential to be the greatest villain in One Piece but Oda's squandered her character time and time again.
I know right it’s tragic. I think at this point it’s quite safe to assume oda either brought her that early for fake tension or he just missed up...it’s probably just combination of both.

I mean literally she plays no role so far other then being clowned each chapter... at least smoothie was not brought early there is that ...gotta look at the bright side of things :catcry:.

Oda has no idea how to handle Linlin and that's disappointing. Linlin has the potential to be the greatest villain in One Piece but Oda's squandered her character time and time again.
You are right she can potentially create tornados, tsunamis, strong wind attacks, blizzards and so on but now she is in mother mode
But tries to kill her own children

Because Oda likes to waste pages and chapters, I am certain we are still getting Kidd/Law vs Big Mom, but all this mother mode, honor is fucking garbage and a waste of time, chapters, panels, pages.
Post automatically merged:

Imagine what kind of circus Oda would have to play if he had brought BMPs into wano.
Daifuku attacks Franky, then proceeds to attack Ulti. Would be fine with shit like that if they weren't set up as allies.

BM talking about honor lul

I literally don't give a fuck anymore at this point. Oda is messing up at high levels. Nothing makes sense.
I think this mode makes sense but Oda never foreshadowed it. So it just poor writing now.

As I always says Oda is completely lost in Wano.

I think it's to make Big Mom a 3rd party and distance her from Kaido while also maintaining her as an enemy for guys like Kid and the other Supernova. She'll indirectly help the alliance but they aren't outright allies and she'll still want go face the Supernova. She's shown discontent with Kaido's crew and previously she mentioned his poneglyph, I can imagine her going her on way to get what she wants.

I think Motherly Mode was brought out just so Big Mom could stay friends with Tama even though she's with the Straw Hats. Hopefully Oda redeems Big Mom and stops holding her back.

judging by the noticeable drop in quality in one piece in general, i'm actually not surprise by the current illogical things that happens in wano, and i'm sure there's even more to come
oda has written big mom's character to be unpredictable, which is a lazy decision imo, so that he can pull anything he wants from her, and readers are forced to accept it because it makes sense because ThaT'S WhaT hEr CHaRacTer iS All aBOut
onigashima has been riddled with plot conveniences, and clutch moments, out of all the places big mom chould've end up at, she exactly appeared before tama's group
oda is old, sick and tired, it makes sense his writing will suffer from that

I think it's to make Big Mom a 3rd party and distance her from Kaido while also maintaining her as an enemy for guys like Kid and the other Supernova. She'll indirectly help the alliance but they aren't outright allies and she'll still want go face the Supernova. She's shown discontent with Kaido's crew and previously she mentioned his poneglyph, I can imagine her going her on way to get what she wants.

I think Motherly Mode was brought out just so Big Mom could stay friends with Tama even though she's with the Straw Hats. Hopefully Oda redeems Big Mom and stops holding her back.
you think she will betray kaido ?

I don’t think that will happen because it will be very anticlimax...oda hyped linlin & kaido together ever since thriller bark ...we heard about the comeback of the rocks nightmare but so far we didn’t see no nightmares lol...also it’s just big mom and beast pirates;I mean her crew still didn’t participate...betrayal doesn’t make sense until the very end of arc were he is defeated then maybe she is like” bye bitch i won’t save your ass I gotta escape “.

Oda is tired of the manga. The Raid, and Wano itself, have been lame, Oda just put references to japanese mythology and think thats good.

The SH in the raid have no clear objective and just run aroud without knowing what to do. Mostly of the readers would love if Oda focus more on individual chapters of the SH fighting the Beast Pirates, but he keep putting focus on Wano characters that no one cares about.

And of all the problems, BM seems to be the biggest one for me. He dont know what to do with her, she should be a as dangerous as Kaido, but have become a character that everyone know will do nothing, but is too strong for someone to just defeat and take out of the plot, soo he keep creating this things to make her less of a threat and put her away from the main plot until late in the arc, as he know that if her and Kaido join and go full against Luffy and cia there's no way for the alliance to win.

Even with all this problems, i think at the end he want to make her betray Kaido and have a good use for her more late in the arc. Kaido and BM have been part of the Rocks, and this theme of betray and the idea that "all pirates alliances end in betray" have been show since Luffy alliance with Law. Pehaps more late in the arc BM will find Kaido road poneglyph and seeing a good opportunity, as Kaido will be weakend after fighting Luffy, she will try to take him out, and the fight between the two will be the thing that will weakend the Emperors enought for the Supernova to defeat them. The problem is, until this time came Oda dont know what to do with her.

B

Ballel

All options are right. Add:"Oda doesn't know how to handle female characters and doesn't want to show them getting hurt. He also believes that women can't be genuinely evil. "

thoughts about why oda came up with this asspull ?

my opinion:

- get big mom out of the picture so she doesn’t go after Luffy head

- at same time shift her focus from straw hats and alliance so she doesn’t take them out

- help tama and the alliance by controlling all of the smile users

- further ruin the tension of this raid by making things more easy for the alliance so readers give up on the idea the raid failing...I mean oda cheap unpredictably that he crys about.

- Kidd not attacking her anymore because she’s on their side now... so he does something more convenient for the alliance

HOWEVER I think big mom will notice something from tama that will piss her off and things will backfire and she FINALLY :yasu: reverts back to malicious evil villain she is...there I will tear. and the PIS/CIS will come to its end ...she will probably destroy Kidd and killer on her way to Luffy too ...raid fails.