Character Discussion Rate Lucius Zogratis as a character

Rate Lucius Zogratis as a character

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Since the next chapter is scheduled for the 25th, I think this could give us something to talk about.

I think Lucius/Julius is definitely Tabata's magnum opus. His characterization and the juxtaposition between the two souls and two beloved characters is perfect. Black Clover is at its peak when Lucius/Julius is at the front of the story. Top tier character and top tier villain already. And there's still much more. And judging by how Tabata seemingly enjoys writing him and how good it is, I can only see him getting better and better.

Share your thoughts.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Damn. It's so early on for such judgement so if I may I will give my thoughts "for now" and depending on what happens I will upgrade the vote so please leave it so we can change it.

I think for now Lucius is 8/10. I'm afraid to jump to 9 or 10/10 too early because I'm afraid of the way Lucius will end up so I will leave a room for myself to change the vote.

( Tho I mean it stays 8/10 and the ending can only improve it, it won't reduce the enjoyment ).
Yeah you can change your vote at any time no worries.

I am going ahead and giving him a 10. Like I said, I can't imagine his character being destroyed. I understand how you feel of course, I am not sure how he's going to go down either, but I'll go on a limb and have faith that Tabata will find a somewhat convincing ending. If he does Lucius will be remembered as a GOAT villain.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Were you hooked back by him or it was something else?

I for example was hooked back by him. Like literally he turned the tables for me ( I hated Spade Kingdom ending cause I thought Asta won due to power of bullshit ).
I thought the beginning of the spade arc was great, the end was really disappointing lol. The arc is structured so simply that it became really boring for me.

We got defeated by the spade kingdom, then we trained and defeated the spade kingdom, thatโ€™s the whole arc in a nutshell lol. Not terrible but also really predictable and boring. Hmm, sounds a lot like yet another arc from a major Shonen manga that was complete trashโ€ฆ

The best thing the arc did was lay the ground work for Lucius who you can tell Tabata has put more thought into than any other character lol.

Mashiro Blue

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป โœฐ
โ€Ž
Lucius/Julius might be the twist of the century.

Tabata really did a magnificent work in setting up this surprise.

Various small hints here and there and the the grand reveal.

Lucius also gives that air of superiority and an Higher than Thou attitude in a calm and composed demeanour which is pretty cool.

He is the best written villain so far in BC.
I really liked how he trolled everyone.

I just think he ist to op and because of that I am afraid how he will be defeated. The most op characters in mangas had a bad end. So until the final battle I will wait, but so far I really like him and his power and the plot/twists about him.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
This is what we call peak delusion.

I will judge Lucius fairly when the war in over. But I guess if we include his time at clover and basically having a laugh at Yami and tree man at his "death" when he was cosplaying as the magic emperor, I can bump him to a solid 9.
A solid 11/10 br0.

Imma be there when he kills Yami. And when you switch over. :endthis:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Plot amour no Yami. He's gonna show his mc poweress when he dodges every death flag possible.

:goyea:

And switch over? Yeah I'm gonna be switching over mangas if that happens. No more BC for me.
You're gonna switch to Lucius. Yami is dying. Too many red flags. Let's go.

And know