General & Others Rayleigh is a mixture of both Zoro and Sanji

Sanji isnt a parallel to Scopper Gaban. Absolutely nothing supports this. Sanji and Zoro have consistently been represented as rivals for the entirety of the series. Yeah, Zoro is stronger but they are and have always been roughly on the same level.

Now onto how Rayleigh is a mix of both. For Zoro it's obvious. Both high class swordsman. They both have scars across their eyes. They are both the first mate of their respective crews. They're both much more stoic compared to their captain.

How is Sanji in some ways a parallel?
One of Rayleighs defining characteristics is his intelligence. He is significantly more careful, observant and tactical than Zoro. Which strawhat has saved the crew on atleast three occasions due to tactical planning and intelligence? Sanji

He also seems to be skilled in kicks. Definitely a deliberate choice.

Two of Rayeligh's initial characteristics are that he regularly mingles with women and drinks alot

Asethically, there is no doubt that he more closely resembles Zoro but, Rayleigh is basically the best of both Sanji and Zoro together. Calling Sanji- Gaban's parallel is just a weak attempt to minimize Sanji's importance to the crew and to the narrative. They are BOTH Luffy's hands.

At the end of the day. Sanji is Sanji. Zoro is Zoro. Rayleigh is Rayleigh but emphasizing some characteristics over others is stupid

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Sanji isnt a parallel to Scopper Gaban. Absolutely nothing supports this. Sanji and Zoro have consistently been represented as rivals for the entirety of the series. Yeah, Zoro is stronger but they are and have always been roughly on the same level.

Now onto how Rayleigh is a mix of both. For Zoro it's obvious. Both high class swordsman. They both have scars across their eyes. They are both the first mate of their respective crews. They're both much more stoic compared to their captain.

How is Sanji a parallel?
One of Rayleighs defining characteristics is his intelligence. He is significantly more careful, observant and tactical than Zoro. Which strawhat has saved the crew on atleast three occasions due to tactical planning and intelligence? Sanji

He also seems to be skilled in kicks. Definitely a deliberate choice.

Two of Rayeligh's initial characteristics are that he regularly mingles with women and drinks alot

Asethically, there is no doubt that he more closely resembles Zoro but, Rayleigh is basically the best of both Sanji and Zoro together. Calling Sanji- Gaban's parallel is just a weak attempt to minimize Sanji's importance to the crew and to the narrative. They are BOTH Luffy's hands.
Yawn.
It was zoros plan to use the x to cancel mrs 2s advantage, it was zoros plan the whole country followed to push back the birdcage etc
Hes done as many kicks as zoro in the series well done.
No. Only one has been confused for the captain only one has been called vice captain and first mate. Only one was chosen to be part of the supernovas with their captain.

Yawn.
It was zoros plan to use the x to cancel mrs 2s advantage, it was zoros plan the whole country followed to push back the birdcage etc
Hes done as many kicks as zoro in the series well done.
No. Only one has been confused for the captain only one has been called vice captain and first mate. Only one was chosen to be part of the supernovas with their captain.

yawn....

We dont see who actually comes up with the plan with Mr. 2 but even if it were Zoro we see Sanji immediately snap to the same conclusion.

Imagine thinking Zoro's plan to push back something pushing against everyone counts as tactical.....

Again, Rayleigh was portrayed as someone skilled with their feet. No shit, everyone can kick

And no...Urouge didnt confuse Zoro for the captain. You're using head canon. He was wondering who the captain had to be to reign someone like Zoro in

Also the supernova stuff doesnt matter??? What does that have to do with Rayeligh

Sanji is nothing like rayleigh. Zoro has kicked and punched people as well in the manga. And people have mistaken zoro for Captain it was in water 7. The most pathetic thing that Sanji fans have ever done is this failed attempt at trying to parallel Sanji with rayleigh. Like there is literally no argument to be had. Zoro and rayleigh have the both of their scars in the same exact spots and are both right hand fearsome swordsman with renown comparable to their own captains. Where does Sanji fit in?

HA001

yawn....

We dont see who actually comes up with the plan with Mr. 2 but even if it were Zoro we see Sanji immediately snap to the same conclusion.

Imagine thinking Zoro's plan to push back something pushing against everyone counts as tactical.....

Again, Rayleigh was portrayed as someone skilled with their feet. No shit, everyone can kick

And no...Urouge didnt confuse Zoro for the captain. You're using head canon. He was wondering who the captain had to be to reign someone like Zoro in

Also the supernova stuff doesnt matter??? What does that have to do with Rayeligh
Where did i say uruoge confused him for the captain.
Zoro has been confused for the captain on whiskey peak sanji never has
Uruoge in that panel straight up calls zoro the first mate sanji never has
Barto calls zoro the vice captain sanji never has

Where did i say uruoge confused him for the captain.
Zoro has been confused for the captain on whiskey peak sanji never has
Uruoge in that panel straight up calls zoro the first mate sanji never has
Barto calls zoro the vice captain sanji never has
Urouge has commonly been used an example for that so that's why I assumed that's what you're referring to.

Anyway, let's look at the context
He was confused to be the captain because of his monstrous strentgh. What does this prove exactly. If it Sanji here instead, would what that prove? They assumed he was captain only because he was beating the crap outta everyone there. So because Sanji was never put in a situation like this, that invalidates the comparison?

Barto's is completely irrelevant. He even says BY HIM, Zoro is vice captain. But we all know the crew doesnt work that way. There is no vice captain. No one in the crew has more of a say on something than anyone else EXCEPT Luffy. There is no hierarchical structure. Zoro being mistaken for vice captain is because of his bounty and status. Again, this doesnt invalidate Sanji...

And no shit, Sanji isnt first mate. I'm glad we agree on that.

Calm down. You're starting to get emotional.

Urouge has commonly been used an example for that so that's why I assumed that's what you're referring to. There was no reason for you to call me a retard.

He was confused to be the captain because of his monstrous strentgh. What does this prove exactly. If it Sanji here instead, would what that prove? They assumed he was captain only because he was beating the crap outta everyone there. So because Sanji was never put in a situation like this, that invalidates the comparison?

Barto's is completely irrelevant. He even says BY HIM, Zoro is vice captain. But we all know the crew doesnt work that way. There is no vice captain. No one in the crew has more of a say on something than anyone else EXCEPT Luffy. There is no hierarchical structure. Zoro being mistaken for vice captain is because of his bounty and status. Again, this doesnt invalidate Sanji...

This isn’t a real story. Oda writes all the characters dialogue and monologues. He didn’t make Sanji have a whiskey peak moment because he doesn’t warrant one. Oda makes people call zoro first mate/ vice captain and mistake him for captain. Then tops it off and makes him Worst Generation
Sanji fans are the most annoying fans ever

This isn’t a real story. Oda writes all the characters dialogue and monologues. He didn’t make Sanji have a whiskey peak moment because he doesn’t warrant one. Oda makes people call zoro first mate/ vice captain and mistake him for captain. Then tops it off and makes him Worst Generation
Sanji fans are the most annoying fans ever

Nah, you're actually looking into way deeper than it needs to be. He didn't make Sanji have a Whiskey Peak moment because he wanted Zoro to have if for in universe reasons. Whether people call him first mate (which he is...) and vice captain captain and mistake him for captain is again, irrelevant. That doesnt mean Sanji cant be compared to Rayeligh. These two things mutually exclusive. Him being Worst Generation can easily be explained by the fact that unlike Sanji, he's always at the forefront of every conflict with Luffy. Crazy thing is, Zoro and Luffy are my favorite characters. I enjoy Zoro a bit more than Sanji in general but I'm capable of giving him props when he deserves it and a not a propagator of metal trio theory lmfaoooo

HA001

Calm down. You're starting to get emotional.

Urouge has commonly been used an example for that so that's why I assumed that's what you're referring to. There was no reason for you to call me a retard.

Exactly what zoro gang said.
There is no if sanji was there for a reason.
The mangaka chooses not to.
Just like he chooses zoro to be mistaken for captain or called first mate or called vice captain. Its indirect story telling.

Nah, you're actually looking into way deeper than it needs to be. He didn't make Sanji have a Whiskey Peak moment because he wanted Zoro to have if for in universe reasons. Whether people call him first mate (which he is...) and vice captain captain and mistake him for captain is again, irrelevant. That doesnt mean Sanji cant be compared to Rayeligh. These two things mutually exclusive. Him being Worst Generation can easily be explained by the fact that unlike Sanji, he's always at the forefront of every conflict with Luffy. Crazy thing is, Zoro and Luffy are my favorite characters. I enjoy Zoro a bit more than Sanji in general but I'm capable of giving him props when he deserves it and a not a propagator of metal trio theory lmfaoooo
I don’t get the point of this paragraph. Sounds like tears and not reason

I'm not surprised
You’re literally saying yea that happens in the manga ..but what if it was Sanji. Ok your point is that’s just characters opinion of zoro based on word of mouth in the one piece world. But what’s your opinion is zoro not obviously depicted as stronger and with superiority in the crew?