Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Jack The Ripper vs Hercules

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Raiden Tameemon vs Shiva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddha vs Zerofuku/Hajin

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
So does anyone know what the hell Raiden was going on about here? Cause it seemed to be completely forgotten by the end of fight. Lol.

Raiden vs Shiva is without a doubt my least favorite fight thus far. It honestly feels like the author did not know what theme they wanted to go with so they just went with several and hoped at least one of them stuck.

We have this "Will of humanity" deal that went absolutely nowhere, we have Raiden being introduced as "the incarnation of desire" which seemingly does not really suit his later character backstory and motivation, Shiva's previously established whimsical attitude again seemingly does not suit his recently established "my responsibility to my nakama" motivation and Raiden's eventual theme of "fighting for others" and "seeking a worthy foe" felt like reheated rehashes of Adam's and Lu Bu's themes respectively.

Overall, this fight felt thematically jumbled and was visually boring for the most part. Shiva and Raiden themselves also felt pretty generic. The fight did pick up at the end with some pretty intense close quarters scenes which was enough to redeem it a fair bit but it still falls short in comparison to previous fights, especially the two that came before it.

Also, not gonna lie but I was relieved that it was Shiva that won simply because it prevented Raiden from taking a survivor spot from a potentially more interesting human character. Lol.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
So does anyone know what the hell Raiden was going on about here? Cause it seemed to be completely forgotten by the end of fight. Lol.

Raiden vs Shiva is without a doubt my least favorite fight thus far. It honestly feels like the author did not know what theme they wanted to go with so they just went with several and hoped at least one of them stuck.

We have this "Will of humanity" deal that went absolutely nowhere, we have Raiden being introduced as "the incarnation of desire" which seemingly does not really suit his later character backstory and motivation, Shiva's previously established whimsical attitude again seemingly does not suit his recently established "my responsibility to my nakama" motivation and Raiden's eventual theme of "fighting for others" and "seeking a worthy foe" felt like reheated rehashes of Adam's and Lu Bu's themes respectively.

Overall, this fight felt thematically jumbled and was visually boring for the most part. Shiva and Raiden themselves also felt pretty generic. The fight did pick up at the end with some pretty intense close quarters scenes which was enough to redeem it a fair bit but it still falls short in comparison to previous fights, especially the two that came before it.

Also, not gonna lie but I was relieved that it was Shiva that won simply because it prevented Raiden from taking a survivor spot from a potentially more interesting human character. Lol.
Buddha was the best part of the fight lmfao.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
When the best part of the fight ain’t the fight. :rolaugh:

Anyway, hopefully the next fight is something more interesting with someone more interesting than an 18th century sportsman. Lol. Hayha and Huang look pretty dope.
To be fair, Buddha is the GOAT.

Yeah, I hope so too. I mentioned it earlier, but I'd like to see Tesla. He's an ingenious scientist from my country, so I am interested in seeing how he'll be portrayed.

Here's a Wikipedia link in case you are interested

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

I agree with this as well.

I think there's a deeper plot in this series considering that Buddha isn't even a god but we'll have to wait and see.

I actually have different opinion than majority of people here regarding last fight.... I feel that the beginning of fight was slow and wasn't interesting SPECIALLY since the outside fight of Buddha/Sasaki/Okita vs other gods were more intriguing to see

However, last 3 chapters, were some of the MOST BRUTAL fighting scenes I have ever witnessed... in the anime, I want you to imagine just how BRUTAL and awesome it will look to see Raiden palm davastating attack with his BIG MUSCLES compression and release...

Also, just imagine the LAST TWO attacks for Shiva which first split Raiden arm in HALF... That was so fucking disgusting and brutal... and then decapatating his head

Let alone Shiva losing 3 arms in that battle!

It's the MOST BRUTAL fight we have ever witnessed in the series so far...

and I personally believe the fight was not having its popularity for TWO REASONS:

1- The events with Buddha actually made us more intrigued with the fight outside to carry on than the one happening now

2- Sumo in general is NOT popular and fun style of fighting for us who are not Japanese.... hell, even in Japan, Sumo is not as entertaining as Samurai swordsmen stories...

But generally, for a SUMO fighting style, I had the LEAST EXPECTATION for an entertaining match, which is why last 3 chapters exceeded my expectation compared to some fans here who didn't enjoy the fight... I personally believe it was the MOST BRUTAL one.... although the characters themselves were not as entertaining as Jack or Sasaki and so on

Really sad to see the result of last battle :josad:
But siva got family waitin for him after all, n raiden family n friends already gone.

Look like the winner for next battle is human race. If the god win the result will not really good :goyea: