• Buddha vs Zerofuku/Hajin

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
I just finished Round 5.

This fight was shit. Lol

Nah not really, but definitely for me the worst fight of the series. Raiden was cool at first but I didnโ€™t really relate to him or his character.

Shiva was lame as fuck, easily the lamest character introduced so far lol. I donโ€™t know how the writer got away with making him so damn lame, I feel like Shiva is easily supposed to be one of the coolest gods but this character was boring as shit lol.

Ah well, on to around 6.
@Owl Ki

I just finished Round 5.

This fight was shit. Lol

Nah not really, but definitely for me the worst fight of the series. Raiden was cool at first but I didnโ€™t really relate to him or his character.

Shiva was lame as fuck, easily the lamest character introduced so far lol. I donโ€™t know how the writer got away with making him so damn lame, I feel like Shiva is easily supposed to be one of the coolest gods but this character was boring as shit lol.

Ah well, on to around 6.
@Owl Ki
Aye, you came to the same conclusion as most of the fan base around here. Lol. Round 5 usually ends up being nobody's favourite fight. Lol.
So does anyone know what the hell Raiden was going on about here? Cause it seemed to be completely forgotten by the end of fight. Lol.

Raiden vs Shiva is without a doubt my least favorite fight thus far. It honestly feels like the author did not know what theme they wanted to go with so they just went with several and hoped at least one of them stuck.

We have this "Will of humanity" deal that went absolutely nowhere, we have Raiden being introduced as "the incarnation of desire" which seemingly does not really suit his later character backstory and motivation, Shiva's previously established whimsical attitude again seemingly does not suit his recently established "my responsibility to my nakama" motivation and Raiden's eventual theme of "fighting for others" and "seeking a worthy foe" felt like reheated rehashes of Adam's and Lu Bu's themes respectively.

Overall, this fight felt thematically jumbled and was visually boring for the most part. Shiva and Raiden themselves also felt pretty generic. The fight did pick up at the end with some pretty intense close quarters scenes which was enough to redeem it a fair bit but it still falls short in comparison to previous fights, especially the two that came before it.

Also, not gonna lie but I was relieved that it was Shiva that won simply because it prevented Raiden from taking a survivor spot from a potentially more interesting human character. Lol.
At least you were able to binge read it. :catsweat:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Overall, this fight felt thematically jumbled and was visually boring for the most part. Shiva and Raiden themselves also felt pretty generic.
Yeah this is pretty much all that needs to be said about Round 5 lol. At least (to me) it felt short enough. Like I felt that by the time I was ready for the fight to end, it ended.

Round 4 to me still felt like I was waiting for the Return of the King post credit sequence, that shit just never ended lol. But yeah round 5, easily the weakest fight thus far.

Yeah this is pretty much all that needs to be said about Round 5 lol. At least (to me) it felt short enough. Like I felt that by the time I was ready for the fight to end, it ended.

Round 4 to me still felt like I was waiting for the Return of the King post credit sequence, that shit just never ended lol. But yeah round 5, easily the weakest fight thus far.
When the characters were initially introduced, I thought we were going to get like some sort of "opposing desires" theme what with Raiden supposedly being the "incarnation of lust" and Shiva's "unknown whimsical desire".

Nah, we got a nakama smackdown. Lol. Ok.

Meanwhile, "The will of humanity" deal went absolutely nowhere and is a line of dialogue I would have expected from a freedom fighter figure like Spartacus rather than a late 18th century sportsman.

All of this is wasted on the God of motherfeckin Destruction.

Feck it, we should have had Shiva vs Oppenheimer. The God of Destruction vs the Father of the Atom Bomb. Have those two go absolutely ham on each other and blow mad shit up. Ol' Oppy even quotes the Bhagavad Gita. Lol.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
When the characters were initially introduced, I thought we were going to get like some sort of "opposing desires" theme what with Raiden supposedly being the "incarnation of lust" and Shiva's "unknown whimsical desire".

Nah, we got a nakama smackdown. Lol. Ok.

Meanwhile, "The will of humanity" deal went absolutely nowhere and is a line of dialogue I would have expected from a freedom fighter figure like Spartacus rather than a late 18th century sportsman.

All of this is wasted on the God of motherfeckin Destruction.

Feck it, we should have had Shiva vs Oppenheimer. The God of Destruction vs the Father of the Atom Bomb. Have those two go absolutely ham on each other and blow mad shit up. Ol' Oppy even quotes the Bhagavad Gita. Lol.
Yeah Raidenโ€™s initial character arc of being cursed by his own body went absolutely nowhere as well. All the questions I assumed would be answered about his implied frustration with the gods for having been born with such a cursed bodyโ€ฆnope, โ€œI love Sumo! For my nakama!โ€ And it felt like he just gave up in the end too. Like he kinda just decided he had one last blow to give to Shiva when his body pretty much seemed fine to me, but whatever lol. At least itโ€™s over now.

And Shivaโ€ฆmy god, Iโ€™m still in shock of how lame he was. This guy was hyped from the start as a god of the same caliber as Oden and Zeus, Zeus who could stop time with a punch and Oden who was hyped via Thor if nothing else, and Shivaโ€™s big trump card, was him foot dancing around the arena like a clown?

And Shivaโ€™s backstory was lame as shit too. He and Rudra were just sitting by a tree and were one day like โ€œhey, letโ€™s conquer all of heavenโ€, and then they just do it with minimal struggle, dethroning gods that seem much more intimidating and powerful than they are lol. Like how am I supposed to care about this lackadaisical foot dancing buffoon? Shiva is supposed to be one of the most feared and reverred gods in mythology and absolutely nothing about this character warranted all of that fear and respect. Itโ€™s like you said, Nakama power ruined what shouldโ€™ve been an extremely intimidating and powerful character and replaced him with a Generic โ€œI fight for my friendsโ€ clown.

Itโ€™s hard to believe this fight was written by the same guy who master-minded Kojiro vs Poseidon lol.

Can't wait to see this fight unfold.
I believe 100% buddha wont losing anything after this point, maybe the author just playing with buddha so later he will looks more badass when he use eyepatch or maybe the EOS buddha will take odin place :steef:
Btw its really unlucky for buddha to meet opponent with this type, if buddha matched with any god i think buddha will win. But i dont know about his power limit maybe he can die standing like adam when his power empty.