Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Jack The Ripper vs Hercules

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Raiden Tameemon vs Shiva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddha vs Zerofuku/Hajin

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Read it yesterday. Tbh, in my opinion, nothing special. I don't feel any bond or connection with either of the two combatants in this round, and I just wanna see the end of the fight already lmao, so we can hopefully go on to better rounds with some more interesting characters. And some Buddha action would be nice lmao.
Yeah, I have to admit, this is the fight that has had me the least pumped and felt the most boring. A couple of cool moments, sure but overall this has been the least interesting fight for me so far and will probably remain that way.

The character interaction has been the most flat too. Thor and Lu Bu were two kindred spirits that understood each other's pain, Kojiro and Poseidon were opposites that represented two opposing ideologies on the same subject and Heracles and Jack were complete opposites that came to an understanding.

Unlike in Adam vs Zeus, neither Raiden nor Shiva are charismatic enough to carry the fight by themselves. Both have just felt really generic.

I imagine that Raiden vs Shiva will end up being no one's favourite fight. Lol. It is not awful but it is a downgrade from the four previous fights.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I imagine that Raiden vs Shiva will end up being no one's favourite fight. Lol. It is not awful but it is a downgrade from the four previous fights.
Yeah, I definitely agree with this. It's not that it's bad, it's just not as good as the previous ones. We should ask a mod to change the poll. Maybe a fave chars poll would be a good idea.

I'm really trying to like this fight. It's just sooo boring. Raiden's backstory is fine. Nothing about it is inherently bad, but it's just not interesting (it's better than Shiva's at least). My main problem is that their fighting styles are so dull. After the last fight with a lot of fun strategies, interesting powers and opposing ideologies, we get a straight-forward, slow slugfest. It's good to have variety in a tournament but this just isn't fun.

Also this may just be me but does this backstory really fit with the character we were introduced to. Remember this was Raiden's introduction from Chapter 31:
Would you have expected that this was the story of Raiden?

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. It's not that it's bad, it's just not as good as the previous ones. We should ask a mod to change the poll. Maybe a fave chars poll would be a good idea.
Eh, it might give us RoR folk something to do until the next chapter, which will probably come out either late December or early January. Lol

Since it looks like Raiden is going to swing the results 3-2 in humanity's favour then whichever human is next is probably going to die to even the score out and end humanity's winning streak. :catsweat:
I'm really trying to like this fight. It's just sooo boring. Raiden's backstory is fine. Nothing about it is inherently bad, but it's just not interesting (it's better than Shiva's at least). My main problem is that their fighting styles are so dull. After the last fight with a lot of fun strategies, interesting powers and opposing ideologies, we get a straight-forward, slow slugfest. It's good to have variety in a tournament but this just isn't fun.

Also this may just be me but does this backstory really fit with the character we were introduced to. Remember this was Raiden's introduction from Chapter 31:
Would you have expected that this was the story of Raiden?
To be honest, I do not entirely know what I was expecting but I was not expecting Raiden to be this overly wholesome gentle giant.

As you pointed out, in Chapter 31 Raiden was introduced as slovenly, self indulgent womaniser that Goll describes as being the "incarnation of desire".

Then in Chapter 32, Raiden goes on about freeing humanity from it's shackles, which to be honest would have been the kind of speech I would expect of some historical freedom fighter figure like Spartacus rather than an 18th century sportsman but whatever. Lol.

Does any of this particularly scream out "wholesome gentle giant"? Lol.

Meanwhile, Shiva had the backstory of a shonen protagonist. I also was not expecting that.

Yeah, Raiden vs Shiva has been a mixture of boring and weird. It certainly does not help that this fight came after the Heracles vs Jack fight, which was utterly brilliant.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Here's my ranking of the fights so far:

1. Adam vs Zeus (very emotional and epic)
2. Jack vs Heracles (well written fight by far)
3. Sasaki Kojiro vs Poseidon (love the build-up)
4. Thor vs Lu Bu (hype)
5. Raiden vs Shiva (it's kinda boring so far but that might change later on)

As long as whoever is producing the series can produce good animation and a decent soundtrack then they should be on a winner. Lol.

That being said, it is pretty strange that this has been announced when the manga is only just finishing up the fifth round. Given how the manga only usually produces about a chapter a month then the anime is going to catch up in next to no time.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
That being said, it is pretty strange that this has been announced when the manga is only just finishing up the fifth round. Given how the manga only usually produces about a chapter a month then the anime is going to catch up in next to no time.
Yeah I was worried about it too. Maybe they have plans with the author who'll speed up the manga a bit, as in put out at least 2 or 3 chapters per month. I just don't wanna see it ruined lmao.

Now we need you on the JJK train Owl.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Unrelated but similar shit happened in the sports manga I'm reading. Basically, anime started before the tournament was finished.

Now on RoR topic.

I will pick it up soon probably this week.

Yeah I was worried about it too. Maybe they have plans with the author who'll speed up the manga a bit, as in put out at least 2 or 3 chapters per month. I just don't wanna see it ruined lmao.
It is either that or the anime will do what the Drifters anime did and just catch up to the manga at a good point to stop (for RoR that would be the end of Round 5) for the first season and then wait for a few years for more manga content.
Now we need you on the JJK train Owl.
Aye, I see that this series has become popular on WG. After I finish my next assignment then I should have some time over Christmas to binge read a manga. Lol.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
It is either that or the anime will do what the Drifters anime did and just catch up to the manga at a good point to stop (for RoR that would be the end of Round 5) for the first season and then wait for a few years for more manga content.
That makes sense too.

Aye, I see that this series has become popular on WG. After I finish my next assignment then I should have some time over Christmas to binge read a manga. Lol.
Aight good. It has around 133 chapters, some are bonus ones, and 12 anime episodes so far. You can try the anime and switch to the manga as well.

As long as whoever is producing the series can produce good animation and a decent soundtrack then they should be on a winner. Lol.

I wouldn't mind fillers in terms of background stories. That or the staff is going to have to step up the pace in terms of releasing.

:steef::steef::steef:
Post automatically merged:

While this is hype, my main concern right now is that the series is not even halfway through the tournament. I’d prefer if the entire thing could be animated rather than just stopping at some midway point.
It can be treated like AoT, where the season drops, and there is almost few years until another season comes out

Most important is a great studio handles it, so that it gets its proper credit and THEN, everyone would demand second season.

I personally think it can be 24 episodes each season, 4 matches for each