Controversial RELIGIONS & SPIRITUALITIES : Conversations

Hi!

In order to avoid the political thread to get too much out of context I decided to create this thread.

Here you will find a place to talk about everything related to religion and spirituality.

Please, be respectfull of others.

(I'm not a believer in any way, I'm doing that for the believers to have a place to discuss peacefully)

Last edited:
Instead of fighting, lets post quotes and discuss them.
this is a really cool one as well:
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

For me personally I see it less from a holy standpoint, and simply taking/not taking action. If you take action (ask/seek/knock) at some point something will happen in your favor (shall be opened)

This thread can work out if people don't use it for controversial discussions or political issues
I hope they will use it right. I will let that here hoping they will stop using the political thread as a way to express religious views.

About God @Zenos7 (I don't think you saw my answer)

The concept of god exist. But the question you need to ask yourself is, "what is a god ?"

I think that this question is not answerable, therefore I think a god can't exist.

Last edited:
I hope they will use it right. I will let that here hoping they will stop using the political thread as a way to express religious views.

About God @Zenos7 (I don't think you saw my answer)

The concept of god exist. But the question you need to ask yourself is, "what is a god ?"

I think that this question is not answerable, therefore I think a god can't exist.
Where are you when you sleep? If you can explain to me where the human consciousness goes and why it is oblivious of itself and the world it lives in during sleep and where is the realm of dreams and deep sleep then only will you be able to negate god or else it is all words.
Unless you are sure of your own existence during sleep, dream and deep sleep, there is no point in talking about god. So the question is not does god exist, it is why do you only perceive the world and thus yourself when you are "awake"?

Where are you when you sleep?
In my bed lol
If you can explain to me where the human consciousness goes and why it is oblivious of itself and the world it lives in during sleep
Fun fact. We are not necessaraly oblivious to ourself during our dreams. For example I've been making some lucid dreams recently, I'm still new at this but I was indeed conscient of my condition of sleeping.
Another fun fact, during our dreams we keep our world vision, so we are still ourself in a way.

But dreams are just a projection of our consciousness, a little bit like our imagination but more powerfull.

Unless you are sure of your own existence during sleep, dream and deep sleep, there is no point in talking about god
I don't really see what God has to do with dreams lol

it is why do you only perceive the world and thus yourself when you are "awake"?
You don't, you can also perceive the world when you are asleep. You never experimented the integrations of random noises in your dreams ? Like alarms or road traffic or music ?

People are respectfull on the political thread while speaking about this subject so there is no reason that this thread can't work. We are grown ups, we can debate without insulting each others.
I hope so but this is a really personal matter
Policy is not on the same lvl, this is one lvl deeper

Why isnt that question answerable? What about all kinds of gods people believe in?

Not exactly, there are very different kinds of god(s)
My points exactly. Meaning that if there are different kinds of Gods, we can't define "god". So god can't exist. There can be something, a creator of the universe with tromendus power, but it won't be "god".