Rewrite this character tournament - One Piece edition

Rewrite this character tournament - One Piece edition

Hello Worst Gen! It's time for our favourite fanfiction author (me, of course) to throw my hat into the ring and host a tournament for people to put their creative hats on.

The rules are simple:
1. Explain how you would rewrite any character from One Piece in 500 words or less. This is a strict word limit and I will be cutting off all entries after the 500 word mark in the interests of fairness and not forcing voters to suffer through walls and walls of text.

2. This rewrite can be something like 'I would rewrite Robin to have a more active role in fights. For example, I would make her 1v1 Black Maria instead of sharing her with Brook'. Just ideas for how the character could be improved in your opinion.

3. Use CANON INFORMATION ONLY. This is not a 'make up X character's backstory' competition. For example, you can't rewrite Mihawk as a gunslinger from West Blue.

4. Dot points are allowed. Videos/fanarts of other people's headcanons/ideas are not.

The prize:
The prize will be a piece of personalised writing done by me. The winner gets to send me a character of their choice and a writing prompt/scenario and I will write a 750-1000 word bonus scene to be included in a future chapter of my fanfiction, published for the world to see! For example, you could send me the prompt 'Zoro going fishing' and I would write a short story based on that scenario.

I would rewrite Edward Weevil to be a more likeable and sympathetic character. I would show him as being reliant on his mother for emotional support and company, portraying this as tragic and manipulative rather than funny or pathetic. I would have Weevil want to track down Whitebeard’s enemies, particularly Blackbeard due to his involvement in his ‘father’s’ death and his desecration of Whitebeard’s corpse. I would then make Weevil visit Whitebeard’s grave and converse with Marco. The conversation would end with Marco disapproving of Weevil’s methods and arguing that this is not what Whitebeard would want, but them parting on civil terms.

If there's anyone else you think might be interested, go ahead and tag them here!

@Tris @Natalija @RayanOO @Marimo_420 @Owl Ki @MangoSenpai @solis @Ten Yaksha Blother @TheAncientCenturion @Tobi @BleakAsh @Lindltaylor @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Dragomir @KiriNigiri @Guan Yu @Dark Admiral @Jew D. Boy @Steven @Oblivion @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Jaguark101 @Luffy is the mc @Inflamed Haki @imacub @Lone Laguna Espada @mly90 @Koinboin @SHIHI @Kromage911 @hedera__helix @Reborn @BangMi @SinOfGreed @Missy @Den_Den_Mushi @AL sama @I'mTired @Gol D. Roger @Fujishiro @Udell @Rivaille @Nana @Silver @Kiwipom @Horo Horo Musume @NotTommy @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @KINGKONGGUN15 @Veku @Gari @Bounty @TheKnightOfTheSea @Zoro D Goat @Melontonin @Horo Horo Musume @Gari @Constantine @Doggo @hime @Nana @Kiwipom @Ekkologix @Fujishiro @SHIHI @SmokedOut
@Light D Lamperouge
@Red Dog
@Fuckthis3
@Akai2
@Finalbeta
@kentasaiba
@ranady
@Prince Kronos
@Amparezy
@Nana
@Sunita
@LANJI CUCKSMOKE
@Jew D. Boy
@Bogard
@Panties Hunter
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Tris
@kumae
@nik87
@Nefertari Rhea
@Monarch
@Cinera
@Shishi
@Haoshoku
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@BossYimz
@Rivaille
@Reborn
@Geo
@Buggy D Clown
@Mikail
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Thabeast
@stormylife
@MasterD
@Camie
@Monet
@Sade
@Rukusho
@playa4321
@Dragomir
@HAJIKATA
@Reddot4
@Grumpy Zoro
@Aknolagon
@Ice devil slayer
@Zoro
@zorojurou
@Foxy Bunny
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KiriNigiri
@RZ.119
@Greenbeard
@Queen
@Mr. Bushido
@Guymieux
@IceWitch
@Dark Hound
@RyumaZoro
@Himura
@Fenaker
@yorosenpai
@yj
@Sievas
@MarimoHeado
@Orojackson Refugee
@Gensui Sazid
@bblue
@Tamerani
@Zowo
@style
@Sword God Ryuma
@Yo Tan Wa
@Sentinel
@Kejon
@Topi Jerami
@HA001
@Zorojuro
@Patryipe
@SHIHI
@KINGKONGGUN15
@Murilo
@Owl Ki
@Blackbeard
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@silverfire
@LolonoisZolo
@Akai
@Just a member
@MarineHQ62
@Jiihad
@Shanks Joestar
@ShishioIsBack
@baboura
@mad monk
@Zenos7
@Venom
@Daisuke Jigen
@Luffy is the mc
@Enma
@Ryuma
@Scarletmoon
@MasterD
@Trueprodigy
@Dark Admiral
@Artorias
@Silver
@Boboyo
@Fiji
@Gangstalicios
@Don DaSlayer
@Natalija
@rednose
@Gol D. Roger
@Pantheos
@Van
@Jo_Ndule
@Red Admiral
@Mihawksenpai
@Albino 👑
@Rukusho
@ShadyOjiro
@Shuyaku
@King7
@Fujishiro
@Garp the Fist
@VersusPhD
@Tobi
@salam22
@İsrafil2002
@BangMi
@RayanOO
@Tekashi69420
@uyuu
@stairs-kun

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Yeah send them to me, I’ll sort through all the entries in a week’s time and post a voting thread (or multiple threads depending on number of entries). I’ll PM the winner to ask them for their requested character and scenario after voting closes.
Can you shoot us a bit of an example? I'm looking at this rule in particular and trying to think of how we'd rewrite some characters.
. Use CANON INFORMATION ONLY. This is not a 'make up X character's backstory' competition. For example, you can't rewrite Mihawk as a gunslinger from West Blue.

Can you shoot us a bit of an example? I'm looking at this rule in particular and trying to think of how we'd rewrite some characters.
I’ll add this to the OP but basically we don’t want people taking too many liberties with the backstories of characters we don’t know too much about yet. Use what Oda has given us and try to come up with something based on what we’ve got.

For example:
I would rewrite Edward Weevil to be a more likeable and sympathetic character. I would show him as being reliant on his mother for emotional support and company, portraying this as tragic and manipulative rather than funny or pathetic. I would have Weevil want to track down Whitebeard’s enemies, particularly Blackbeard due to his involvement in his ‘father’s’ death and his desecration of Whitebeard’s corpse. I would then make Weevil visit Whitebeard’s grave and converse with Marco. The conversation would end with Marco disapproving of Weevil’s methods and arguing that this is not what Whitebeard would want, but them parting on civil terms.

Does this make sense?
Post automatically merged:

im not sure what to say lmao

lots of characters could use a rewrite
You have to choose one unfortunately :P

This can be a few touch ups to a character you like but ultimately feel has been a bit of a let down for you personally, or can be a scathing rewrite of a character you think is awful and needs major work.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I’ll add this to the OP but basically we don’t want people taking too many liberties with the backstories of characters we don’t know too much about yet. Use what Oda has given us and try to come up with something based on what we’ve got.

For example:

Does this make sense?
Post automatically merged:

You have to choose one unfortunately :P

This can be a few touch ups to a character you like but ultimately feel has been a bit of a let down for you personally, or can be a scathing rewrite of a character you think is awful and needs major work.
So more so touch up on the potential plot points and story beats but keep the major components of each character? Yeah yeah! Got it.

G

Gorosei Informer

@Den_Den_Mushi Thanks for the tag! I really like this concept and contest and I already have something in mind I really would like to suggest too as my entry, which Ill DM you a little later! I read your example entry too and I really liked that as well, I wish we could have gotten that canonically! Sigh...

In fact I can probably come up with a few potential entries heh, I may have to prioritise which one will be the best or most important to do....

:cheers::amazing::finally::bignews:

G

Gorosei Informer

@Den_Den_Mushi Just sent my DM! It took me a long time a LOT of rewriting ironically, a lot of truncating and rewording, had to work hard to keep it within 500 words and within my vision but I hope it is appropriate for the contest as it is and good enough as an entry too! Best of luck to all entries and looking foward to seeing what we all come up with, especially for the winning result too ofc!

Thank you for doing this contest and the opportunity!

:funky::fransuper:

DM sent letsgooo
I'm in, I will think about it and send my DM later. Hopefully tomorrow.
@Den_Den_Mushi Just sent my DM! It took me a long time a LOT of rewriting ironically, a lot of truncating and rewording, had to work hard to keep it within 500 words and within my vision but I hope it is appropriate for the contest as it is and good enough as an entry too! Best of luck to all entries and looking foward to seeing what we all come up with, especially for the winning result too ofc!

Thank you for doing this contest and the opportunity!

:funky::fransuper:
Great! If you send in your entry and want to change it, just edit the PM at any time between now and a week’s time before the voting thread goes up. Just make sure it’s within the 500 word limit and you can add or change to your heart’s content :optimistic: