Questions & Mysteries Ringed Eyes🎯🎯

It's time for Ring Eye Roundup! Here are all the characters who have been shown to have ringed eyes. Please add any if I've missed any characters.

Note that Mihawk and Imu are the only ones who have red ringed eyes in the official colored version

• MIHAWK
Ch 50:

Official colored:

Anime:
  • X DRAKE
Ch 509:

Official Colored:

Anime:

But he doesn't have them in Ch 998?
  • CARIBOU
Ch 600

Official colored:

Anime:

• CAESAR (possibly only had ringed eyes in this scene)
Ch 675:

Official colored: (vol 68 cover)

Anime:

• HAKUBA
Ch 773:

Official colored:

Anime:

• ZUNESHA
Ch 821:

Official colored:

Anime:

• BIG MOM (she also gets spiral eyes a few times)
Ch 863:

Official colored:

Anime:

The anime also added this when the cake was destroyed:

• IMU
Ch 908:

Official colored:

Anime:

• SERAPHIM MIHAWK

As a general rule, I think ringed eyes are just a design choice by Oda to show us that a character is mentally unstable, super intense, wild like an animal, etc.
I don't count eyes like these btw

I think Mihawk's eyes are ringed to symbolize that he has a constant release Zanpakuto is always that intense. He's just on another level.

The thing that makes Mihawk's eyes different, though, is Mihawk's Eyes Have Powers

We see him zoom-in on Luffy at MF. This is an actual ability hawks have in real life!
Also in MF, he seems to use his eyes to show Luffy what would happen if Luffy attacked.

Finally, the Taka no Tot having ringed eyes means that Mihawk's eyes aren't from a hawk DF, unless Vegapunk is reproducing all the warlords' fruits to give to the Seraphim. Ringed eyes must be part of Mihawk's chromosomes.

So,
  1. What significance do you think ringed eyes have in OP?
  2. Does Mihawk have special eyes?
  3. Does Imu also have some kind of eye power?
  4. Why did the anime change Mihawk's beautiful red eyes and why should we only support red-eyed fanart?
  5. What do you think about Seraphim eyes? Does Kid-Miho have zoom-in abilities?

Last edited:
In the first scene Mihawk was just using CoO to locate Luffy, like Ussop have done in Dressrosa, nothing crazy.

While the other scene is clearly Luffy using CoO before attacking.

To me the eyes are just a design choice, Mihawk ones are clearly made to remember a Hawk.
That's fair, but I still think you'll be wrong someday! :milaugh:

I've always considered it a design choice representing his intensity, but Imu has me thinking a lot about this lately and now I'm not so sure.

I really believe in the zoom-in power though. I also think he has exceptional vision that sees farther and more accurately. It's one of the things that gives him his edge against other top fighters. It's partially headcanon but you just wait and see!

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
The thing that makes Mihawk's eyes different, though, is Mihawk's Eyes Have Powers

We see him zoom-in on Luffy at MF. This is an actual ability hawks have in real life!
Also in MF, he seems to use his eyes to show Luffy what would happen if Luffy attacked.
Finally, the Taka no Tot having ringed
Other than Mihawk and Imu, do any of the other ringed eye folks have their eyes highlighted during combat in the same way?

(To be clear, the eyes are generally highlighted during use of Haoshoku, so this wouldn't necessarily be proof of anything.)

Other than Mihawk and Imu, do any of the other ringed eye folks have their eyes highlighted during combat in the same way?

(To be clear, the eyes are generally highlighted during use of Haoshoku, so this wouldn't necessarily be proof of anything.)
It correlates with times of extreme emotion more than combat. But there are quite a few shots of BM's eyes looking bizarre during combat. It seems like we see panels focusing on Zoro's eyes pretty often, too.

I think the only special eyes so far in the series are the three eyed people with their eye awakening to read poneglyphs (how does that tie in to ancient history). Other than that there might be some connection between Im and Mihawk (hopefully unlikely), I don't want Zoro or Mihawk or even Shanks to have some special bloodline, they are just normal guys who rose to the top by the sweat of their brows and the strengths of their backs.

C

Cruxroux

Woah I just realized There's a clone of hancock at this point.

Soooo Celestial dragon gonna ask for her too?
:pepeshy::pepebusi:
Post automatically merged:

I think only Imu, Mihawk and Hakuba eyes are special here.
Others are just an artistic choice. Dunno whether to count ChibiHawk or not...
There should be ability behind them, clairvoyance.
Something like Imu's detection of light that needs to be eradicated.
Imu is zunesha and Mihawk Father.
:pepelit:

Double-Layered Eyes = Devil Users

Not Devil Fruit Users, but I repeat, "Devil Users"
They are only Mihawk, Zunisha, Imu and Hakuba.
The rest are Symbolic, but more will appear

Those Eyes also indicate "Ancient Link"
In other words Imu have Knowledge of every Previous Imu, while Mihawk also have Knowledge of certain Characters from the Past, It's basically like Attack on Titan

Another Major Hint is Satori's Dragon made of Cloud Balls, which also was given those Eyes, and that's because it's combination of multiple of those Balls

I have much more to add and explain all of this, but I will leave it for another time

I think the only special eyes so far in the series are the three eyed people with their eye awakening to read poneglyphs (how does that tie in to ancient history).
Yeah, there's definitely something going on-- almost like an ESPer kind of ability. Do other races even have awakenings?

I don't want Zoro or Mihawk or even Shanks to have some special bloodline, they are just normal guys who rose to the top by the sweat of their brows and the strengths of their backs.
Zoro might get that treatment, just because we see him putting in the sweat, but I think Oda has something big to reveal for Shanks and to a lesser extent Mihawk. It would be cool if they were Might Guys, but I don't trust Oda not to give them all ancient bloodlines or something.

Yeah, there's definitely something going on-- almost like an ESPer kind of ability. Do other races even have awakenings?

Zoro might get that treatment, just because we see him putting in the sweat, but I think Oda has something big to reveal for Shanks and to a lesser extent Mihawk. It would be cool if they were Might Guys, but I don't trust Oda not to give them all ancient bloodlines or something.
Tbh there is a big chance (Mihawk's is least) that all three actually have strong bloodlines. Zoro is called a clone of two Shimotsuki's and I think his link to Ryuma will be established near EOS, in his fight against WG. Shanks already has that infant survivor of God Valley shit. Mihawk has only two things, eyes and EOS relevance to Zoro, to give him any sort of bloodline relevance to Im, but I think this is very unlikely.

I doubt that these eyes have a special meaning, given that several characters that are not linked to each other possess them. With meaning I mean in terms of heritage or abilities. In Mihawk's case, his eyes, which give him the epithet hawk eyes or (as initially planned) clairvoyant, possess greater and sharper vision, fitting him as a swordsman.

Other characters could have it for different reasons. But usually, such eyes visualize a sharp glance or some kind of terrific charisma/vibe/aura, hence seen with Zunisha when she was ready to stomp Jack's fleet or with Big Mom, when she went crazy and wanted to rip out life spans.

Double-Layered Eyes = Devil Users

Not Devil Fruit Users, but I repeat, "Devil Users"
They are only Mihawk, Zunisha, Imu and Hakuba.
The rest are Symbolic, but more will appear

Those Eyes also indicate "Ancient Link"
In other words Imu have Knowledge of every Previous Imu, while Mihawk also have Knowledge of certain Characters from the Past, It's basically like Attack on Titan

Another Major Hint is Satori's Dragon made of Cloud Balls, which also was given those Eyes, and that's because it's combination of multiple of those Balls

I have much more to add and explain all of this, but I will leave it for another time
Make the post! I want to read this :shocking::shocking:

Zunesha also used something similar with Momo, look how she opens her eye in the panel I marked, only then could Momo see Jack
This is probably a form of ACoO as I doubt Zunesha has CoC, plus Shanks being CoO killer makes me think he had to develop this ability to keep up with Mihawk back in the days.