Questions & Mysteries Rivalry between Zoro and Sanji

Rivalry is

• Total voters
Nice so vista>= mihawk I guess. I assume you wont make excuses?
Deep blue databook :
NAKAMA
DEAL WITH IT
Post automatically merged:

I'll never understand how anyone can deny this two being rivals lol.
SOURCE THAT CONFIRMS THAT ?
They are "constantly" trying to 1 up one another even on the pettiest of things
shanks vs buggy
Whether you think Zoro is stronger than Sanji is beside the point imo.

Also I don't think you'd ever get an accurate poll on this except u get neutrals to answer this question.
the answer is obvious :

A canon material :
NAKAMA

WHY DIDN'T THE DATABOOK GIVE SANJI AND ZORO THAT KIND OF RIVALRY ?

Both those their limbs (an arm and an eye).

While Sanji and Buggy are treated as some kind of the voices of the center.
let's debunk this garbage arguments :

Shanks and buggy always fight and they fight for who is right and so on
Sanji is the most important crewmember to Luffy.

"But but their rivalry is a gag."

I guess Dory/Brogy and Luffy/Kidd rivalry is gag then?
important to luffy /=/ confirms the rivalry genius
show me a canon source of the rivalry between Sanji vs Zoro ?
- Deep blue databook :
nakama

are u trying to deny a canon source or what with ur garbage arguments ?
Both Luffy and Kidd are targeting the Yonko currently so they're rivals.
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
don't forget law there so lAW AND LUFFY ARE RIVALS :gokulaugh:

Technically Zoro and Sanji rivalry is a gag rivalry as they are nakama. I understand if people vote gag thinking from that way. But they are closer in strength.
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

One scarred Kaido for life while one is struggling with YC2 and page one :gokulaugh:

Last edited:
The databooks never suggested that Vista and Mihawk are equals, merely that Vista is of the highest swordsmanship class like Mihawk is in that capable to compete with him.

This however doesn't necessarily imply they are equal. Top class can very well refer to a broad range of warriors for instance. The most sensical thing however is that he only competed because of PIS and the databooks reported it.

SOURCE THAT CONFIRMS THAT ?
Source that confirms they are rivals? Isn't that obvious from the canon story?
When I said that I wasn't referencing any external source but the way Oda writes both in the story itself.

shanks vs buggy
What's up with Shanks and Buggy? ^^"
If the question is whether or not Shanks and Buggy were rivals when they were younger then the answer is yes?
Or do you think their rivalry when they were younger is somehow negated because Shanks is that much stronger than Buggy now?

the answer is obvious :

A canon material :
NAKAMA

WHY DIDN'T THE DATABOOK GIVE SANJI AND ZORO THAT KIND OF RIVALRY ?
I did see the image you linked in ur opening post but wasn't that simply describing both of Sanji's and Zoro's relationship with the crew?
Zoro wasn't the only one in that Nakama section for the relationship diagram, all of the SHs were and likewise with the Zoro one.

Last edited:
Source that confirms they are rivals? Isn't that obvious from the canon story?
When I said that I wasn't referencing any external source but the way Oda writes both in the story itself.
The rivalry headcanon you try to say even Oda doesn't know when Zoro did those insults to Sanji from making it gags each time also my friend Oda is pretty clear here No Rivalry they are just no getting along that's IT this is Oda from an sbs talking about them

What's up with Shanks and Buggy? ^^"
If the question is whether or not Shanks and Buggy were rivals when they were younger then the answer is yes?
Or do you think their rivalry when they were younger is somehow negated because Shanks is that much stronger than Buggy now?
Shanks and Buggy aren't getting along like how Oda described Zoro and Sanji friend nothing about rivalry again they go against each other and they start fighting until the end but from the but of the story they are nakama nothing else and yes Buggy and Shanks are Zoro and sanji version that get used for gags that made Oda even forgetting if they did say that or not from the point of spamming that through out manga .
They are NAKAMA and shanks's rival is Mihawk confirmed By Databook .

I did see the image you linked in ur opening post but wasn't that simply describing both of Sanji'x and Zoro's relationship with the crew?
Zoro wasn't the only one in that Nakama section, all of the SHs were.
That's what we are talking about here if there is a special relationship between Zoro and Sanji beside Nakama they would have made it there like how they show Absalom and Sanji that's the point though if there is anything serious they would have shown it if it is just a gag that Oda used because he doesn't think this dude can get along with this dude then Nothing Serious and the deep blue databook showed Zoro's relation ship with each one not just Sanji it shows that Zoro's relationship with others is just like Sanji : a Nakama nothing less nothing above that

The rivalry headcanon you try to say even Oda doesn't know when Zoro did those insults to Sanji from making it gags each time also my friend Oda is pretty clear here No Rivalry they are just no getting along that's IT this is Oda from an sbs talking about them
I don't get the point you're trying to make here. What does Oda not remembering some of the slurs he writes them say to each other have to do which their rivalry?
If anything Oda himself confirms here that the two have a volatile relationship, which actual negates the point you're trying to make of them being "just nakama".

Shanks and Buggy aren't getting along like how Oda described Zoro and Sanji friend nothing about rivalry again they go against each other and they start fighting until the end but from the but of the story they are nakama nothing else and yes Buggy and Shanks are Zoro and sanji version that get used for gags that made Oda even forgetting if they did say that or not from the point of spamming that through out manga .
They are NAKAMA and shanks's rival is Mihawk confirmed By Databook .
Sigh...first and foremost does the "Nakama" ting you are referring to exclude just Sanji in the relationship diagram or group Sanji together with all the SHs? coz if it is the later, I'm not sure what your point is here ^^". The SHs including Sanji are Zoro's Nakama or are they not?
Also again bcoz two people are nakama doesn't mean they cannot have a rival relationship ^^". Rivalry in its simplest form is basically active competition with another person and that is what Zoro and Sanji do on a regular basis. It isn't even simply just a case of "I don't agree with your opinion and you don't agree with mine" in their case but also "I refuse to acknowledge that you are better than me".
How is this not rivalry? ^^"

That's what we are talking about here if there is a special relationship between Zoro and Sanji beside Nakama they would have made it there like how they show Absalom and Sanji that's the point though if there is anything serious they would have shown it if it is just a gag that Oda used because he doesn't think this dude can get along with this dude then Nothing Serious and the deep blue databook's relation ship with each one not just Sanji it shows that Zoro's relationship with others is just like Sanji a Nakama nothing less nothing above that
As long as Zoro doesn't have a relationship diagram exclusive to Sanji (excluding the SHs) that simply says Nakama, I don't get what the point is. Moroever, I'm not sure why Oda has to explicitly state something so blatantly obvious.

Yes, I acknowledge that Zoro & Sanji's volatile relationship is a recurring gag in one piece, but it doesn't change the fact that, the rivalry is there. The fact that the gag exists in the first place is coz they have a rivalry with each other. Moreover it is not like Zoro and Sanji just slur at one another and that is it. They actually compete and try to 1 up on another on every single ting lol. Even ignoring the petty things we have a clear example of both competing against each other on little Garden with regards to who could capture the largest Dino ^^"

Not to mention that Oda even reflects this rivalry in the opponents they face as well but I don't even think there is need to even go into that territory to prove this point.

Out of curiosity what does "Serious Rivalry" even mean?
*Coz it's gag that makes us laugh doesn't mean the fictional characters themselves are not serious about it

I don't get the point you're trying to make here. What does Oda not remembering some of the slurs he writes them say to each other have to do which their rivalry?
A '' Rivalry '' you claim based on them insulting and fighting each other as what that dude showed to Oda :

Oda : they don't get along , i don't even remember when He insulted his friend like that.

if he is true about this rivalry he would have taken it seriously lmao but instead he said i spammed this shit without even remembering when that happened .

No rivalry again got mentioned
anything Oda himself confirms here that the two have a volatile relationship, which actual negates the point you're trying to make of them being "just nakama".
• Yeah they can't get along in the same crew that's what oda said in the end they are Nakama not rivals unless you show me where Oda said that .

• I will give an example lmao :
we are workers in different departments and Me and you can't get along in the same company One day someone came to our company and asked our relationship in the same Company :
They will say :
We are Workers under the same company despite the fact that we aren't getting along .
So it's the inverse Oda is denying what you think tho
Sigh...first and foremost does the "Nakama" ting you are referring to exclude just Sanji in the relationship diagram or group Sanji together with all the SHs? coz if it is the later, I'm not sure what your point is here ^^". The SHs including Sanji are Zoro's Nakama or are they not?
Sigh if there is a special relationship between Zoro and Sanji why didn't they mention it in the relationship case ? Like absalom and Sanji or Zoro and Mihawk ? If there is a Rivalry why wouldn't they mention it in the deep blue databook ?
Also again bcoz two people are nakama doesn't mean they cannot have a rival relationship ^^". Rivalry in its simplest form is basically active competition with another person and that is what Zoro and Sanji do on a regular basis. It isn't even simply just a case of "I don't agree with your opinion and you don't agree with mine" in their case but also "I refuse to acknowledge that you are better than me".
How is this not rivalry? ^^"
• Oda :
They can't get along

Why oda didn't say they are RIVALS ?

• Deep Blue databook :
Nothing major between Zoro and Sanji and a special relationship never got mentioned in the databook .

You :
Rivals

long as Zoro doesn't have a relationship diagram exclusive to Sanji (excluding the SHs) that simply says Nakama, I don't get what the point is. Moroever, I'm not sure why Oda has to explicitly state something so blatantly obvious.
Lmao the databook destroys that notion itself if you think about it if there is a special relationship They Would Have Mentioned It why wouldn't they ? They are talking about a character's relationship with others !!!
that's the point though they didn't give Zoro and Sanji a special relationship but he got mentioned as a NAKAMA WITH OTHERS SO HIS RELATIONSHIP IS NAKAMA NOTHING ELSE OR THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN A SPECIAL CASE FOR IT .
OBVIOUS OR NOT THEY GAVE AN OBVIOUS ONE FOR ROGER AND WB WHY WOULDN'T THEY DO THAT FOR SANJI AND ZORO ?

Yes, I acknowledge that Zoro & Sanji's volatile relationship is a recurring gag in one piece, but it doesn't change the fact that, the rivalry is there. The fact that the gag exists in the first place is coz they have a rivalry with each other. Moreover it is not like Zoro and Sanji just slur at one another and that is it. They actually compete and try to 1 up on another on every single ting lol. Even ignoring the petty things we have a clear example of both competing against each other on little Garden with regar
Yeah a gag scene where they compare each other but in the end they start fighting like Buggy and Shanks they did that when they mentioned the bounty difference .

• Zoro : Enma
• Sanji : i will kill you mosshead

So they argue all the time because :

Oda :
They don't get along

Not

Oda :
They are rivals

Out of curiosity what does "Serious Rivalry" even mean?
*Coz it's gag that makes us laugh doesn't mean the fictional characters themselves are not serious about it
Rivalry in OP takes a great meaning though bro check Shanks and Mihawk :
• They won't insult each other like clowns :
- Mihawk : Lank lool
- Shanks : Fraudhawk lool
- WB : big mustache fraud lool
- Roger : half Moon beard lool
So do u see these guys doing that ? Or get mentioned in a sbs doing that ? Or Oda spamming this around to the point he forget if they said that ?
• They get hyped along side each other by characters when he gets mentioned the other gets mentioned along side him :
- Shanks when he met WB , Mihawk gets mentioned .
- in Zoro Novel :
The WSS title gets mentioned , Mihawk and shanks got brought out .

- when WB gets mentioned Roger gets mentioned along side him to get hyped :
VC / MarineFord ......

• Another Thing is the rivals don't get their portrayal destroyed by Oda and he takes this shit seriously seriously seriously :

• When Mihawk came to Shanks they argued against each other but neither one got his portrayal sidelined .

• Mihawk a shichibukai one of the three great forces alongside Yonko which Shanks one of them .

• Shanks wanted to declare his war against Marines who agreed to end it but check what oda did before he did that shit he made Mihawk going back so Shanks's declaration of war won't affect Mihawk's portrayal so ppl can't say that shanks declared a war against the Marines who agreed to stop it and shichibukai and Mihawk was there but didn't do anything so he is below him .

the same thing about Roger and WB :
WB has a title of strength whilst Roger has a title of greatness .
They are getting shown as equals and who reigned an Era each one has one .

• Finally some special things that oda does usually between rivals:
Mihawk and shanks have the same birthday
( same day / same month ) and the same panel time through out manga ....

So this is what we mean by Rivals let's not talk about a canon material that confirmed that for them .

• Deep blue databook :
• Shanks to Mihawk or mihawk to shanks : RIVALS

Last edited:
Welcome, I suggest staying away from both fans it's toxicity in both sides.
We Zoro fans are not toxic

:josad:

A '' Rivalry '' you claim based on them insulting and fighting each other as what that dude showed to Oda :

Oda : they don't get along , i don't even remember when He insulted his friend like that.

if he is true about this rivalry he would have taken it seriously lmao but instead he said i spammed this shit without even remembering when that happened .

No rivalry again got mentioned

• Yeah they can't get along in the same crew that's what oda said in the end they are Nakama not rivals unless you show me where Oda said that .

• I will give an example lmao :
we are workers in different department and Me and you can't get along in the same company One day someone came to our company and asked our relationship in the same Company :
They will say :
We are Workers under the same company despite the fact that we aren't getting along .
So it's the inverse Oda is denying what you think tho

Sigh if there is a special relationship between Zoro and Sanji why didn't they mention it in the relationship case ? Like absalom and Sanji or Zoro and Mihawk ? If there is a Rivalry why wouldn't they mention it in the deep blue databook ?

• Oda :
They can't get along

Why oda didn't say they are RIVALS ?

• Deep Blue databook :
Nothing major between Zoro and Sanji and a special relationship never got mentioned in the databook .

You :
Rivals

Lmao the databook destroys that notion itself if you think about it if there is a special relationship They Would Have Mentioned It why wouldn't they ? They are talking about a character's relationship with others !!!
that's the point though they didn't give Zoro and Sanji a special relationship but he got mentioned as a NAKAMA WITH OTHERS SO HIS RELATIONSHIP IS NAKAMA NOTHING ELSE OR THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN A SPECIAL CASE FOR IT .
OBVIOUS OR NOT THEY GAVE AN OBVIOUS ONE FOR ROGER AND WB WHY WOULDN'T THEY DO THAT FOR SANJI AND ZORO ?

Yeah a gag scene where they compare each other in the end thy would start fighting like Buggy and Shanks they did that when they mentioned the bounty difference .

• Zoro : Enma
• Sanji : i will kill you mosshead

So they argue all the time because :

Oda :
They don't get along

Not

Oda :
They are rivals

Rivalry in OP takes a great meaning though bro check Shanks and Mihawk :
• They won't insult each other like clowns :
- Mihawk : Lank lool
- Shanks : Fraudhawk lool
- WB : big mustache fraud lool
- Roger : half Moon beard lool
So do u see these guys doing that ? Or get mentioned in a sbs doing that ? Or Oda spamming this around to the point he forget if they said that ?
• They get hyped along side each other by characters when he gets mentioned the other gets mentioned along side him :
- Shanks when he met WB , Mihawk gets mentioned .
- in Zoro Novel :
The WSS title gets mentioned , Mihawk and shanks got brought out .

- when WB gets mentioned Roger gets mentioned along side him to get hyped :
VC / MarineFord ......

• Another Thing is the rivals don't get their portrayal destroyed by Oda and he takes this shit seriously seriously seriously :

• When Mihawk came to Shanks they argued against each other but neither one got his portrayal sidelined .

• Mihawk a shichibukai one of the three great forces alongside Yonko which Shanks one of them .

• Shanks wanted to declare his war against Marines who agreed to end it but check what oda did before he did that shit he made Mihawk going back so Shanks's declaration of war won't affect Mihawk's portrayal so ppl can't say that shanks declared a war against the Marines who agreed to stop it and shichibukai and Mihawk was there but didn't do anything so he is below him .

the same thing about Roger and WB :
WB has a title of strength whilst Roger has a title of greatness .
They are getting shown as equals and who reigned an Era each one has one .

• Finally some special things that oda does usually between rivals:
Mihawk and shanks have the same birthday
( same day / same month ) and the same panel time through out manga ....

So this is what we mean by Rivals let's not talk about a canon material that confirmed that for them .

• Deep blue databook :
• Shanks to Mihawk or mihawk to shanks : RIVALS
:cheers::cheers: