Questions & Mysteries Rivalry between Zoro and Sanji

Rivalry is

• Total voters
A '' Rivalry '' you claim based on them insulting and fighting each other as what that dude showed to Oda :

Oda : they don't get along , i don't even remember when He insulted his friend like that.

if he is true about this rivalry he would have taken it seriously lmao but instead he said i spammed this shit without even remembering when that happened .

No rivalry again got mentioned

• Yeah they can't get along in the same crew that's what oda said in the end they are Nakama not rivals unless you show me where Oda said that .

• I will give an example lmao :
we are workers in different departments and Me and you can't get along in the same company One day someone came to our company and asked our relationship in the same Company :
They will say :
We are Workers under the same company despite the fact that we aren't getting along .
So it's the inverse Oda is denying what you think tho

Sigh if there is a special relationship between Zoro and Sanji why didn't they mention it in the relationship case ? Like absalom and Sanji or Zoro and Mihawk ? If there is a Rivalry why wouldn't they mention it in the deep blue databook ?

• Oda :
They can't get along

Why oda didn't say they are RIVALS ?

• Deep Blue databook :
Nothing major between Zoro and Sanji and a special relationship never got mentioned in the databook .

You :
Rivals

Lmao the databook destroys that notion itself if you think about it if there is a special relationship They Would Have Mentioned It why wouldn't they ? They are talking about a character's relationship with others !!!
that's the point though they didn't give Zoro and Sanji a special relationship but he got mentioned as a NAKAMA WITH OTHERS SO HIS RELATIONSHIP IS NAKAMA NOTHING ELSE OR THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN A SPECIAL CASE FOR IT .
OBVIOUS OR NOT THEY GAVE AN OBVIOUS ONE FOR ROGER AND WB WHY WOULDN'T THEY DO THAT FOR SANJI AND ZORO ?

Yeah a gag scene where they compare each other but in the end they start fighting like Buggy and Shanks they did that when they mentioned the bounty difference .

• Zoro : Enma
• Sanji : i will kill you mosshead

So they argue all the time because :

Oda :
They don't get along

Not

Oda :
They are rivals

Rivalry in OP takes a great meaning though bro check Shanks and Mihawk :
• They won't insult each other like clowns :
- Mihawk : Lank lool
- Shanks : Fraudhawk lool
- WB : big mustache fraud lool
- Roger : half Moon beard lool
So do u see these guys doing that ? Or get mentioned in a sbs doing that ? Or Oda spamming this around to the point he forget if they said that ?
• They get hyped along side each other by characters when he gets mentioned the other gets mentioned along side him :
- Shanks when he met WB , Mihawk gets mentioned .
- in Zoro Novel :
The WSS title gets mentioned , Mihawk and shanks got brought out .

- when WB gets mentioned Roger gets mentioned along side him to get hyped :
VC / MarineFord ......

• Another Thing is the rivals don't get their portrayal destroyed by Oda and he takes this shit seriously seriously seriously :

• When Mihawk came to Shanks they argued against each other but neither one got his portrayal sidelined .

• Mihawk a shichibukai one of the three great forces alongside Yonko which Shanks one of them .

• Shanks wanted to declare his war against Marines who agreed to end it but check what oda did before he did that shit he made Mihawk going back so Shanks's declaration of war won't affect Mihawk's portrayal so ppl can't say that shanks declared a war against the Marines who agreed to stop it and shichibukai and Mihawk was there but didn't do anything so he is below him .

the same thing about Roger and WB :
WB has a title of strength whilst Roger has a title of greatness .
They are getting shown as equals and who reigned an Era each one has one .

• Finally some special things that oda does usually between rivals:
Mihawk and shanks have the same birthday
( same day / same month ) and the same panel time through out manga ....

So this is what we mean by Rivals let's not talk about a canon material that confirmed that for them .

• Deep blue databook :
• Shanks to Mihawk or mihawk to shanks : RIVALS
Let's agree to disagree on this ^^
Our definitions of rivalry differ in the first place I don't think we are gonna be coming to an agreement on this :catsweat:
I didn't think this would be such a divisive issue ^^", so if I ever get the chance I'll as Oda in an SBS ^^

So is the male gender in constant competition with themselves and one another?

I still think it is a gag rivalry that was used to inspire sales and discussion amongst the SHs. No other SH can be Luffy's rival because it would undermine his authority as captain. A rivalry for Zoro and Sanji's characters makes the most sense.

If Oda made their rivalry serious, then I imagine the tone of the manga would be different and maybe it wouldn't be as successful (per speculation)

WCI the perfect time to show case how serious their rivalry could have been. Unfortunately Oda didn't want to take the risk, or perhaps he wasn't able to write a scenario where it would work.