Roe vs Wade Overturned?

No. It isn't. It's about SO MUCH MORE than that - see my long post on page 45.
Im going to respectfully disagree. Sure,this has implications that go beyond the problem of abortion. But the conservatives point with abortion is still the new body inside the pregnant woman and not her body per se. Which was what i responded to.

And something not being sentient doesnt mean its not alive btw. At least not when we talk about biological definitions or something.

So you better get over fetuses being living human beings (in early developmental stages)

B

Ballel

m going to respectfully disagree. Sure,this has implications that go beyond the problem of abortion. But the conservatives point with abortion is still the new body inside the pregnant woman and not her body per se. Which was what i responded to.
But this still won't stop abortion. Read studies and figures about the issue like what some people posted here before:Banning abortions only makes women seek out unsafe methods.
So nothing is won by banning abortions. But what is LOST is women's self determination.

If you want to reduce abortions improve the life circumstances of young mothers and their children.
Provide them free healthcare, daycare, education etc, all that basic stuff that people need to live normally

But this still won't stop abortion. Read studies and figures about the issue like what some people posted here before:Banning abortions only makes women seek out unsafe methods.
So nothing is won by banning abortions. But what is LOST is women's self determination.

If you want to reduce abortions improve the life circumstances of young mothers and their children.
Provide them free healthcare, daycare, education etc, all that basic stuff that people need to live normally
Im not supporting a ban on abortion anyway. So yeah sure

Yes regarding the termination of a living human being.
Except they aren't alive until they are born and have no sense of pain until the third trimester, which was the previous limitation on abortions in the US and where most countries with legal abortions draw the line anyway.

There's a difference between aborting a 6 month old foetus and a 2 week old clump of cells - the latter is no different to having a wank in terms of what you 'kill'. I must be a complete genocidal maniac! Have me arrested!

Except they aren't alive until they are born and have no sense of pain until the third trimester, which was the previous limitation on abortions in the US and where most countries with legal abortions draw the line anyway.

There's a difference between aborting a 6 month old foetus and a 2 week old clump of cells - the latter is no different to having a wank in terms of what you 'kill'. I must be a complete genocidal maniac! Have me arrested!
They are alive, biologically speaking. This notion that they become alive at birth is fucking insane ngl.

And technically we are all just "clumps of cells"

If killing a clump of cells is infanticide then so is IVF and wanking. Might as well stop eating while you're at it too - if you eat meat you kill animals directly through your demand - if you don't you still kill loads of cells in every item you consume. Might as well start floating too since your body can crush and kill cells
You really just made a comparison between eating food and abortion?

I know you think you're helping, but that was genuinely one of the most retarded things I've ever heard from this debate. Congratulations.

I know you think you're helping, but that was genuinely one of the most retarded things I've ever heard from this debate. Congratulations.
Yeah the guy is going way too extreme when he doesn’t need to

imagine telling a woman she has a lump of insignificant cells in her body, oof.

Those crusty old men are uh...

Voted in by millions of women
Yes look up the average age of those men in congress
Post automatically merged:

Yes regarding the termination of a living human being.
It's a womens choice if she is 6 weeks pregnant and does not want to have a child.

The funnier part is when they are forced to have the child and need gov't assistance those same people tell those women to kick rocks... talk about ironic

Yes I did. Do you eat eggs by any chance?

Care to respond to anything else I said or are we being selective so as to attempt to undermine a post you know you cannot rebut?

It's a womens choice if she is 6 weeks pregnant and does not want to have a child.

The funnier part is when they are forced to have the child and need gov't assistance those same people tell those women to kick rocks... talk about ironic
well and thats where people disagree. that she has the choice to terminate another human being, mostly for reasons of convenience.

Yeah the guy is going way too extreme when he doesn’t need to

imagine telling a woman she has a lump of insignificant cells in her body, oof.
What is extreme about my post?

All I had done is:
1. pointed out the logic doesn't slide if you apply it to other situations
2. provided a source and research from one of the biggest sexual health institutes in the world that show banning abortion is counterintuitive
3. pointed out that if it really is about the kids as most people anti-abortion argue, they should be campaigning for several if not hundreds of things absent in the US, and yet they aren't

They are three basic, principled arguments. If you have a problem with it, try and share your thoughts as to why you disagree.
Post automatically merged:

well and thats where people disagree. that she has the choice to terminate another human being, mostly for reasons of convenience.
And you realise most politicians that actually argue against this use Aristotle to support their argument and consider him more credible than scientifically backed research, right? He GUESSED (over 2300 years ago) an embryo is alive at 40 days pregnancy for males and a foetus is alive at 90 days for females...

Last edited:
What is extreme about my post?

All I had done is:
1. pointed out the logic doesn't slide if you apply it to other situations
2. provided a source and research from one of the biggest sexual health institutes in the world that show banning abortion is counterintuitive
3. pointed out that if it really is about the kids as most people anti-abortion argue, they should be campaigning for several if not hundreds of things absent in the US, and yet they aren't
your wording is the problem like dizzy pointed out, you sound very near deranged. I am pro choice but I don't go in here acting like it's just a lump of irrelevant cells