Powers & Abilities Roger isn’t a swordsman

So the duels shanks had with mihawk were they in yugioh ? 🤡
How much you know about shanks and Roger to say they don't live by sword code?

And, shanks is not duelist? Lmao

I don't understand if you guys are avoiding to read what I write or willingfully misunderstanding.
Not even once Shanks (or Roger) have given a single shit on PANEL about being a stronger swordsman than anyone.
The only thing we know is that they both fight with swords.
They have shown no interest in their sword skills, their sword code, the way of the sword.
Hell, their swords are depicted only in non comic material, otherwise we would know jack shit about them.
They have no black swords, as you guys always remark, the mark of the strongest swordmen.
They care about the One Piece and that's it.

How is this in any way similar to Mihawk or Zoro. I don't see how hard is to understand this.

And by the way, then also Luffy and Zoro had a duel in whisky peak, is that to say something?
Or Usopp and Luffy in WAter 7.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I don't understand if you guys are avoiding to read what I write or willingfully misunderstanding.
Not even once Shanks (or Roger) have given a single shit on PANEL about being a stronger swordsman than anyone.
The only thing we know is that they both fight with swords.
They have shown no interest in their sword skills, their sword code, the way of the sword.
Hell, their swords are depicted only in non comic material, otherwise we would know jack shit about them.
They have no black swords, as you guys always remark, the mark of the strongest swordmen.
They care about the One Piece and that's it.

How is this in any way similar to Mihawk or Zoro. I don't see how hard is to understand this.

And by the way, then also Luffy and Zoro had a duel in whisky peak, is that to say something?
Or Usopp and Luffy in WAter 7.
So why was shanks fighting mihawk if not to see who is stronger
Isn't that the whole point of a duel like luffy zoro luffy ussop to see who wins
Mihawk in canon used his sword as a hat stand you have no points AS USUAL

Meito isn't a beloved sword. Meito is graded. If a sword is just a tool they won't love their sword right ?
It's not about loving your goddamn sword.. Are you treating it like piece of your own body and soul, are you dedicating your life to Swordsmanship, is it your way of life and not only a means to an end..

Roger is can love his sword alright.. Swordsmanship is not his way of life, he's not dedicating his life to Swordsmanship.. He's just a Pirate in that regard..

Actually he said exactly like that

Except Pinzoro, whose whole shtick is knowing everything about swordsmanship and what makes a swordsman

Which further proves that liking to fight with a sword =/= swordsman

Stop lying as if you can tell a traditional form in this manga.

Swordsmanship is one of the worst things in this manga that is underdeveloped to the point that everyone looks the same despite using different number of swords or different style.
Like there's supposed to be a difference between two-sword style and Oden-two sword style, yet they are identical

Rox alive in Roger's era?

Exactly, if it wasn't Roger who was the strongest with the sword, that means WSS is a literally a nobody title that can be held by a literal who
I feel like this was Oda outright answering the question and seetling it for good. It doesn't get any clearer.
King is outright stated to not be a swordsman, because he doesn't fight using an arbitrary set of swordsmanship rules.

However, at one point, he decides to humour Zoro and fight a short "sword duel" with him, despite him overall not being a swordsman.

It's insane people are still so blind to this exchange.

I understand where this concept is coming from but it’s still up to Oda to show someone like Roger or Shanks show themselves to be a top level threat without the sword or otherwise swords are essential to them whether they have traditional sword techniques or not. There are good arguments to be made for Big Mom, King, Kizaru, Kuzan, they know their way around a blade without being defined by it but Shanks, Rayleigh and Roger haven’t shown that they possess other “weapons” or “styles” to be a threat with.

HA001

It's not about loving your goddamn sword.. Are you treating is like piece of your own body and soul, are you dedicating your life to Swordsmanship, is it your way of life and not only a means to an end..

Roger is can love his sword alright.. Swordsmanship is not his way of life, he's not dedicating his life to Swordsmanship.. He's just a Pirate in that regard..
Pirate isn't a fighting style
They are all pirates.
Yes like rogers ace HIS CONSTANT COMPANION in his voyages not tool companion
His BELOVED blade

So why was shanks fighting mihawk if not to see who is stronger
Isn't that the whole point of a duel like luffy zoro luffy ussop to see who wins
Mihawk in canon used his sword as a hat stand you have no points AS USUAL
No?
You fight to win.
Luffy fought Zoro in revenge of what happened at Whisky Peak, then he mentioned about using it also to see who was stronger.
Usopp dueled Luffy for the Merry.
Luffy dueled Chrocodile to protect Alabasta
Luffy dueled Lucci to save Robin.
Should I go on?

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
It's not about loving your goddamn sword.. Are you treating it like piece of your own body and soul, are you dedicating your life to Swordsmanship, is it your way of life and not only a means to an end..

Read the whole page

Post automatically merged:

Read the whole page

@MonochromeYoru

HA001

No?
You fight to win.
Luffy fought Zoro in revenge of what happened at Whisky Peak, then he mentioned about using it also to see who was stronger.
Usopp dueled Luffy for the Merry.
Luffy dueled Chrocodile to protect Alabasta
Luffy dueled Lucci to save Robin.
Should I go on?
? And the winner is fucking stronger duh
Luffy and zoro literally say it.