Powers & Abilities Roger isn’t a swordsman

? And the winner is fucking stronger duh
Luffy and zoro literally say it.
My friend, not the point I was making and again, seems you don't read what I write.
let me try to make it simple for you.
A duel can be about ANYTHING, as you just also had no counter points.
It can be won by the strongest, most often.

My point was that Shanks could have fought Mihawk for any reason, not just to prove who was stronger, so thank you for agreeing with me.
And given that Oda himself doesn't tell us who won that fight 22 years ago, now 24, we don't even know what Mihawk did to get his title. And probably neither Oda doesn.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
My friend, not the point I was making and again, seems you don't read what I write.

My point was that Shanks could have fought Mihawk for any reason, not just to prove who was stronger, so thank you for agreeing with me.
And given that Oda himself doesn't tell us who won that fight 22 years ago, now 24, we don't even know what Mihawk did to get his title. And probably neither Oda doesn.
? A duel without cheating or interference is decided by who is stronger.
That's it the rest of what you're saying is just noise.
Could would should
We know that mihawk fought to get stronger until no one was left so the same stands for his duels with shanks.
Post automatically merged:

Pirate is a way of life..
Swordsmen aiming for WSS is also a way of life..

Yeah you're missing my point completely..
You don't have a point. Piracy is a way of life. Swordsmanship is a fighting style

? A duel without cheating or interference is decided by who is stronger.
That's it the rest of what you're saying is just noise.
Could would should
We know that mihawk fought to get stronger until no one was left so the same stands for his duels with shanks.
Ok you are going on a tangent, do you have a reading impediment?
I was talking about something else, you barge in with your own point and move the goalpost, then say that my original point is noise.
Have you tried talking with a doctor about your problems following a discussion?

"But he loved his sword so much"
"Why does he has supreme blade then"

You don't become a swordsman by picking up a sword when you're 25+ years old in your journey!
Just like Linlin who picked up her sword for the sake of it, Roger didn't pick up Ace cause he was a swordsman, it was just for the sake of it.

You really think Oden would boast himself having the strongest sword style if Roger was a swordsman? If Roger had the strongest sword style?

Roger doesn't even attack like a swordsman. His attacks aren't traditional cutting/slashing moves!
He prefer overpowering than cutting someone down!

No swordsman in this story became a swordsman when they're old or during prime!
All of them started swordmanship when they were kids : Law, Ryuma, Mihawk, Vista, Oden, Zoro, Tashigi, etc...

Oda usually hype swordsman with cutting feats :
Ryuma cutting a dragon, Law cutting a mountain, Zoro cutting Golem Pica, Mihawk cutting the iceberg, Oden cutting (scarring) Kaido and the mountain boar etc...
These feats are hyped in Zoro novels or sbs or magazines. And these guys clearly claim being swordsman or Oda clearly states it in the manga/sbs (sometimes novels/databooks)

Where's Roger's cutting feat them?
What's his sword style?
Who told you he was trained or trained himself in swordmanship?

you dont got from brawler to Swordsman /sniper
Every admiral know swordmanship yet they aren't swordsmen
Most people use swords yet they aren't swordmen

Being a swordsman is when one consider themselves to be one and are trained in swordmanship

Roger is like Linlin : didn't train swordmanship, they just picked up elbaf techniques ("divine" moves are from elbaf, skypean or lunarian tribes) and other moves to suit themselves. **(This also explains why Shanks loves elbaf a lot, Roger provably used to hang there a lot too)**
Both Roger and Linlin only picked up weapons to channel their haki and that's it.

Stop your lame agenda,
Roger is a sword user who could brawl and use guns, Oden was the strongest swordsman who had the strongest swordmanship back then.

@RayanOO @Sentinel @Playa4321 @Jiihad @Reborn
Bad argument.
As a pirate, you 100% can pick up a sword years in and become a swordsman.

2. Oden boasts himself having the strongest sword style sure, it's self proclaimed. But this isn't a problem, Odens sword style can be better than Rogers, but Roger can just be a stronger swordsman, because swordsmanship isn't just about the style you use to fight with. Roger doesn't need the strongest sword style. He uses one sword and that's good enough for him. If it was all just skill based, Vista would be called the strongest swordsman along with Mihawk, because the vivre card states that Vistas skill is on par with Mihawks, but skill/ sword style effectiveness clearly IS NOT enough.

3. Swordsman don't have to cut things if they don't want to, it's actually laughable you don't understand the concept of breath of all things/ryuou at this point. They can use a sword in any way they want, it doesn't make them not a swordsman, very bad argument here.

4. There is definitely a style to Roger using a sword, because shanks literally picked it up from him. That's why he also uses the same "style" of moves as Roger, and guess what, Shanks IS a swordsman, this is IN the databooks. So why the fuck is shanks using divine departure, a non cutting move, if he's a swordsman? YOU are not being consistent at all. It means a swordsman can use non cutting moves.

5. Admirals are trained in swordsmanship, Fujitora is a swordsman, it's his preferred fighting style, Kizaru can use light sword if he feels the need to, to say Kizaru is not a competent swordsman would be a straight up lie. But with someone Like Kizaru or Akainu, they opt to use their df abilities, and so they are primarily logia users. Roger was PRIMARILY a sword user, that's the difference.

6. Big mom literally uses giant swordsmanship techniques, How the fuck are you supposed to use a technique you didn't learn? that requires some form of training no matter what cope you come up with.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

Wrong

They fought to see who was stronger

Shanks - Are you here to challenge me

Also, Read above - shanks was rival of Mihawk

Wrong

They fought to see who was stronger

Shanks - Are you here to challenge me

Also, Read above - shanks was rival of Mihawk
I don't see in any point a statement proving that 22 years ago they fought to see who was stronger.
What they have here is a discussion about "are you here NOW to challenge me". 22 years ago they could have fought for any reason.
And again, 22 years after, Shanks has no interest in being the WSS since he wants the One Piece.
The fact that his rival in Shanks is because Shanks fight with a sword, but again, Shanks doesn't even have a black blade, it's clear he's not on the path to become WSS given he has other dreams.

How's ZKK going for you? Still happening next chapter?

Reborn

I don't see in any point a statement proving that 22 years ago they fought to see who was stronger.
What they have here is a discussion about "are you here NOW to challenge me". 22 years ago they could have fought for any reason.
And again, 22 years after, Shanks has no interest in being the WSS since he wants the One Piece.
The fact that his rival in Shanks is because Shanks fight with a sword, but again, Shanks doesn't even have a black blade, it's clear he's not on the path to become WSS given he has other dreams.

Why you people inserting dreams? Lol

It's about swordsman or not - and we have clear info that says they were rivals and shanks and Mohawk used to duel and challenge each other.

If you want to prove something else then show me panels or some info instead of what you believe

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Wait and see bro. The bounty panel mentioning his superiority in skill was already base work for that. Oda will spin the entire title around something that won't apply to the Red Head.
? Oda has used skill and strength synonymous all throughout the series.
The beast pirates say they climb the ranks through skill
Ranks we know are based on strength hierarchy.
It was a final nail in the coffin for Shanks mihawk is superior to even him with a sword.

Orphan behaviour. Running off topic cause you got bodied

Why you people inserting dreams? Lol

It's about swordsman or not - and we have clear info that says they were rivals and shanks and Mohawk used to duel and challenge each other.

If you want to prove something else then show me panels or some info instead of what you believe
I think that shanks is a swordsman, I already wrote this. I think that Shanks is a pirate first and foremost, and a swordsman after, while Mihakw is a swordsman first, not even much of a pirate after.

They were rivals, and we have info of ONE duel, who knows why, never explained and 24 years ago. And we don't even know who won.
24 years in a world where in 2 kobi can become YC level.

Do i need to show you the panel where Shanks never talks about his sword, his sword skills or becoming the WSS?
Do I need to show you the panel where Shanks does not have a black blade?
Do I need to show you the panel where Shanks wants to go after the One Piece and Mihawk doesn't?
I can do that, but it would be extremely reduntant.

I don't understand, do you not agree that Shanks and Mihawk have different approaches to the sword path?

Oda has used skill and strength synonymous all throughout the series.
The beast pirates say they climb the ranks through skill
Ranks we know are based on strength hierarchy.
It was a final nail in the coffin for Shanks mihawk is superior to even him with a sword.
Just like Kaido > Shanks because Killer and Kid agreed that Kaido is the strongest pirate.
:kayneshrug:
There was no reason for Oda to mention that the Kid pirates have never seen Shanks, it was done solely to save Shanks from that statement.

Oda will continue giving snitch this treatment.

Just like Kaido > Shanks because Killer and Kid agreed that Kaido is the strongest pirate.
:kayneshrug:
There was no reason for Oda to mention that the Kid pirates have never seen Shanks, it was done solely to save Shanks from that statement.

Oda will continue giving snitch this treatment.
So he will sacrifice dream of his second most important character for a guy who is nothing more than stepping stone for Goofy

Reborn

I think that shanks is a swordsman, I already wrote this. I think that Shanks is a pirate first and foremost, and a swordsman after, while Mihakw is a swordsman first, not even much of a pirate after.

They were rivals, and we have info of ONE duel, who knows why, never explained and 24 years ago. And we don't even know who won.
24 years in a world where in 2 kobi can become YC level.

Do i need to show you the panel where Shanks never talks about his sword, his sword skills or becoming the WSS?
Do I need to show you the panel where Shanks does not have a black blade?
Do I need to show you the panel where Shanks wants to go after the One Piece and Mihawk doesn't?
I can do that, but it would be extremely reduntant.

I don't understand, do you not agree that Shanks and Mihawk have different approaches to the sword path?
Since when oda said that only people who wants to go for WSS are swordsman?

Since when it matters if you have black blade or not to be great swordsman?

We know shanks fight with swords and that's all it matters.

And, you are mixing status with fighting styles

Being a pirate is like a profession Or you can a status just like being a yonkou is a status.

Being a WSS or PK is a dream

But fighting with swords is fighting style.

Zoro is a pirate - who is fighting to make Luffy pk but also growing in strength to become WSS. And, he is swordsman because he fights using swords.

No rocket science here

Orphan behaviour. Running off topic cause you got bodied
LOL.

My topic is, as it always was,

You are so childish that had to make it about who is stronger because you still have to prove that your favourite cartoon character pisses farther than anyone else.
You are a retard, and my mistake is engaging in conversation with you, and everybody knows you are, as months of your shenanigans have proven while you were dying for ZKK.