Powers & Abilities Roger isn’t a swordsman

Ryokugyu has a blade blade because it is visually identical to one. Don't bow down to swordcucks autism
I've got no problem at all if its a black blade but isnt a bit strange that it wasnt highlighted ?
I mean Oda didnt hold back with Aramaki's powers i've see no reason that Oda had to keep it a secret if it was a black blade.

@JoNdule What are you trying to dispute? The idea that Zoro could surpass him? Because for all intents and purposes Roger is pretty much a swordsman. Even if he looked like a mixed fighter at first when he had a flintlock in Chapter 0, it is pretty clear he leans on his sword more in battle. Zoro’s goal doesn’t have anything to do with Roger anyway and has much more to do with surpassing Mihawk, whether or not by the end of it Zoro matches Roger’ level or surpasses him in overall power remains to be seen. But by Shonen standards it wouldn’t be a surprise if he does, the reason won’t be because Roger is a swordsman because he has had nothing to with the WSS narrative this entire time.

Shanks is a different story, he literally had “duels” with Mihawk and the VCs imply Mihawk is waiting for the guy that will surpass Shanks.

Yeah did Oden praise his swordmanship there or his haki? Haki!
Did Oden ever wrote how great of a swordsman Roger was? Nope but rather how great he was as pirate with charisma and power

Did WB, Garp, Sengoku, Shiki ever hyped his swordmanship? Nope

Oda wasn't hyping Roger's swordmanship there vs WB lol it was next level of CoC (CoC coating) which was getting hyped

Oh both Roger and Wb have supreme blades yet only their haki and physical stats gets wanked by Oda
Why do people need to praise his swordsmanship for him to be a swordsman?

There are no magical criteria, roger uses a sword, get over it
Post automatically merged:

Roger doesn't even attack like a swordsman. His attacks aren't traditional cutting/slashing moves!
He prefer overpowering than cutting someone down!
Neither does fujitora

this picture should have killed this whole debate to begin with
Ye but some people just cant read

Oda never said that as requirement to be Swordsman.
What did he say is the requirement?

You're a swordman if you say so
Or
If you trained since childhood in swordmanship and live the way of the sword
Oda stated this where exactly?

Last edited:
@JoNdule What are you trying to dispute? The idea that Zoro could surpass him? Because for all intents and purposes Roger is pretty much a swordsman. Even if he looked like a mixed fighter at first when he had a flintlock in Chapter 0, it is pretty clear he leans on his sword more in battle. Zoro’s goal doesn’t have anything to do with Roger anyway and has much more to do with surpassing Mihawk, whether or not by the end of it Zoro matches Roger’ level or surpasses him in overall power remains to be seen. But by Shonen standards it wouldn’t be a surprise if he does, the reason won’t be because Roger is a swordsman because he has had nothing to with the WSS narrative this entire time.

Shanks is a different story, he literally had “duels” with Mihawk and the VCs imply Mihawk is waiting for the guy that will surpass Shanks.
The idea people think Roger is a swordsman to push stupid agenda

Roger is more than a sword user
He's just another BM

Lmao 19 pages of Mihawk & Zoro hating copeheads coping :milaugh:.

Roger is a swordsman. We've seen him through multiple angles in this story, and they all point to him being one. His failure to achieve what both Mihawk & Ryuma accomplished, I.e. making a black blade, does not take away from that.

Ryuma is stronger. Mihawk is stronger. EOS Zoro will also be stronger than them all.

I'm an advocate for the rehabilitation of copeheads. Come to my clinic for a cleanse :cheers:

The idea people think Roger is a swordsman to push stupid agenda

Roger is more than a sword user
He's just another BM
Nah I would say Roger is more of a swordsman. From what we have seen it pretty much compromises his entire fighting style. Big Mom primarily uses brawling and a bit of sword fighting with her devil fruit powers pretty much making up her entire fighting style. Even her sword is a homie she swings around. She is just as much of a swordsman as Kaido is a iron club man or whatever lol or WB is a spear man, it is literally just a bit of swordsmanship she deploys along side the rest of her arsenal. Roger’s entire arsenal is based on swordsmanship.

Nah I would say Roger is more of a swordsman. From what we have seen it pretty much compromises his entire fighting style. Big Mom primarily uses brawling and a bit of sword fighting with her devil fruit powers pretty much making up her entire fighting style. Even her sword is a homie she swings around. She is just as much of a swordsman as Kaido is a iron club man or whatever lol or WB is a spear man, it is literally just a bit of swordsmanship she deploys along side the rest of her arsenal. Roger’s entire arsenal is based on swordsmanship.
Roger's arsenal isn't based on swordmanship since Roger has zero swordmanship hype
Zero sword style known or praised
Nobody has ever hyped his sword skills to be his forte or something impressive.

I don't believe anyone who's a beast in swordmanship or was really a swordsman would lack a legendary/hyped Cutting feat or sword duels
Oda has given Roger zero swordmanship hype

Doesnt matter, he's stronger than any individual who ever held the "worlds strongest swordsman" title anyways.
Sword or no sword, he'll be the king of pirates.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Entire world - One piece is written by Eichiro Oda

Ndule - I refuse to believe this. I haven't seen him drawing one piece. I haven't seen his face in decades. Why he won't show his face if he is the real author of one piece?

I don't believe anyone who is the author of this manga will shy from showing his face in cameras.

:ronalugh:

Roger's arsenal isn't based on swordmanship since Roger has zero swordmanship hype
Zero sword style known or praised
Nobody has ever hyped his sword skills to be his forte or something impressive.

I don't believe anyone who's a beast in swordmanship or was really a swordsman would lack a legendary/hyped Cutting feat or sword duels
Oda has given Roger zero swordmanship hype
He’s not meant to be the kind of swordsman that Kuina, Mihawk or Zoro are, strictly talking about his fighting style the most appropriate categorization for him would be swordsman since that is what he is, I mean what do you call a guy literally swings around a supreme grade blade in every battle and has named attacks with it other than a swordsman? You definitely don’t call that another Big Mom lol

Honestly Ndule your best contention would have been that Roger never claimed to be a swordsman himself but it would still fall short in the face of all of the battle scenes even in the silhouette with Rocks showing him carrying the Ace sword. If he cherished that random flintlock in Chapter 0 just as much then you would have had a legit point.

Last edited:
Yes, Roger is a swordsman.
Yes, Roger is far stronger than Mihawk.
Yes, Roger even without a blackblade can kick Mihawk's ass.

You don't give a supreme grade sword to someone who isn't a swordsman.

He’s not meant to be the kind of swordsman that Kuina, Mihawk or Zoro are, strictly talking about his fighting style the most appropriate categorization for him would be swordsman since that is what he is, I mean what do you call a guy literally swings around a supreme grade blade in every battle and has named attacks with it other than a swordsman? You definitely don’t call that another Big Mom lol

Honestly Ndule your best contention would have been that Roger never claimed to be a swordsman himself but it would still fall short in the face of all of the battle scenes even in the silhouette with Rocks showing him carrying the Ace sword. If he cherished that random flintlock in Chapter 0 just as much then you would have had a legit point.
I already said it
He never claimed to be swordsman, he never trained i. swordmanship when he was a kid or teen

Add these to the fact Oda doesn't care to hype his swordmanship nor label him as swordsman

Entire world - One piece is written by Eichiro Oda

Ndule - I refuse to believe this. I haven't seen him drawing one piece. I haven't seen his face in decades. Why he won't show his face if he is the real author of one piece?

I don't believe anyone who is the author of this manga will shy from showing his face in cameras.

:ronalugh:
What are you even saying?

You still looking for a part where Oda was hyping Roger's swordsmanship
Maybe you got a secret Oda's notebook or Oden's journel where Oda says "but Roger's sword skills were super amazing"