Chapter Discussion Rokushiki is based on Haki

I also saw someone point out that a lot of the Rokushiki is physical stuff is only fan scans. The subs and dubs say "Rokushiki is classified"
Again, go and read Ch 348 in its official translation and you see in the explanations that Rokushiki are physical based techniques. Especially Tekkai which is deemed by many of you as CoA was specially said to be "the training we've undergone tempered our bodies to the point of being tough as iron shields", its literally all written there.

And Jinbei head on saying he never saw the 6 powers before is an undeniable proof for Rokushiki =/= Haki. Hell the whole concept of Rokushiki was introduced as "martial art" techniques. Haki is nothing like that, Haki is literally just a mental thing that everyone, not only world government fighters, everyone can easily learn to use.
Post automatically merged:

I don't get what's so bad about defeating Haki users when the arc right before, Skypiea, was all about defeating Observation Haki users.
No one said it would be bad. Its just that its not the truth. Discussions arent about searching for an agreement on what would be "good" and what not and headcanon stuff into it, its about finding out the "truth".

If Lucci could use CoA, Luffy would be dead after the first Shigan at Water 7. The simple truth is that Oda introduced Haki only properly at Sabaody/Marineford. Even Mantra was not a foreshadow by Oda on CoO, its just such a generic ability that one of the Haki forms, CoO, needed to be such an ability and Oda took the chance to act like Mantra is a different name used for CoO. But even for Mantra there are inconsitencies such as Mantra being an ability of "readig minds" while CoO in its new version an ability to "predict movements".

Anyways, many of you just cannot accept the truth of Oda not being a mastermind of planing stuff a decade before its proper introduction. Haki was introduced so drastically by Oda and is used so generically by everyone that there was simply no way for Haki to not leave inconsitencies, especially when comparing the pre with the post ts characters.
Post automatically merged:

so i have seen people say Kami-e is CoO it isnt its a technique that someone uses to become Extraordinarily flexible in order to avoid attacks, best example is from fukurou.

CoO doesnt effect your body.
Exactly. And Blueno literally said that Tekkai is an ability achieved through physical training of temptering their bodies.

While CoA is clearly a "coat" of hardening achieved through mental will power.

Last edited:
And Jinbei head on saying he never saw the 6 powers before is an undeniable proof for Rokushiki =/= Haki
Quoting only this ,because I don't care for the rest.
Jinbe is talking about the use of Rokushiki by Who's who. Not Rokushiki in general. It was a remark to show the good usage of them by Who's who.

Oda is simply dumb that he wants to connect everything to haki,even though it makes no sense .

The same shit with the breath of things. Zoro's usage indicates that it is a combination of CoO and CoA. Oda retconned to be just CoA. The bullshit thing is with the new retcon it doesn't make sense how he can cut fire,that is why he gave no explanation and just a "I stole it" remark lmao.

so i have seen people say Kami-e is CoO it isnt its a technique that someone uses to become Extraordinarily flexible in order to avoid attacks, best example is from fukurou.

CoO doesnt effect your body.
Yeah I concur on this one. I think the stretching part is definitely part of the ability itself. I think not all Rokushiki have got to be haki necessarily. That's not implicating anywhere.

He had it but due to Oda being limited in the power system by his time (not fully (not even close) introducing Haki properly into the story and not being aware of the importance it will hold into the future and the whole system of it in the first place) Lucci wasnt able to show it. Thus Lucci was technically way stronger back then than what we saw from him.

A 8M Bounty bandit managed to flee from Shanks and his entire crew full of CoO users with a mere smoke bomb. A fish was able to cut off his arm despite Shanks could've easily used CoA to coat it. Hell lets not even go that far, the likes of Tashigi, no name Marine soldiers and no name Gladiator fodder were able to use Haki but characters like Crocodile and some of the strongest wg agents werent?! We just gotta accept the inconsitency of the time based power system, and espeically the inconsitencies with the introduction of Haki.
Not all six-power moves need to be Haki.
For example:
Shave and Moonwalk are based on leg strength, and Tempest Kick is a wind-slash similar to Zoro's pound phoenix attacks.

I don't get what's so bad about defeating Haki users when the arc right before, Skypiea, was all about defeating Observation Haki users.
I agree and disagree with you.

I agree that all rokoushiki techniques don't have to be haki related like kami or soru but geppo tekkai rokugun shigan and storm leg are definitely haki based.

The whole kicking your legs hard to use geppo makes zero sense since we have individuals with incredible leg strength still not able to use geppo. Infact the leg strength argument is destroyed based on the fact that lucci was using geppo while remaining completely still in mid air. It was shown that he was hopping on a platform while remaining still in mid air. So it's obvious that ryou is being used to make platforms for geppo users to hop on.

Storm leg is also haki based since kickings one leg hard to produced an air attack would result in a pressured air Canon or a blunt force air attack. Not a slash. The only way to produce a slash with a kick or a punch is to sharpen the blunt object (legs in this instance) to the point that it operates like a blade thus cutting the air and thus making air slashes. So this clearly falls under ryou based on the explanation given about sharpening.

tekkai is fundamentaly armament haki used internally instead of externally. Tekkai users harden their muscles which usually makes their bodies impossible to move while armament haki users harden their exterior producing a armor / shield.

Shigan is tekkai used on a singular point for damage and impact against opponents. However shigan also follows the principal of ryou based on the fact that lucci and stucy can project it and shot it out to hit people the same way sentomaru can project air palms to hit his opponents. Infact Rob lucci takes this further with setting his shigan shot aflame thus causing him to project fire bullets when shotting it out. It's similar to what Luffy does with using armament haki and gear 2nd to set his fist aflame when using red hawk. Also shigan can also be used on weapons to force those weapons to shot projectiles as shown by who's who. It's clear that that is ryou influenced.

same with rokogun. If luffys entire body including his insides are made of rubber why would he suffer damaged from a regular shockwave attack? The only way is if haki is being used in said attack.

I agree and disagree with you.

I agree that all rokoushiki techniques don't have to be haki related like kami or soru but geppo tekkai rokugun shigan and storm leg are definitely haki based.

The whole kicking your legs hard to use geppo makes zero sense since we have individuals with incredible leg strength still not able to use geppo. Infact the leg strength argument is destroyed based on the fact that lucci was using geppo while remaining completely still in mid air. It was shown that he was hopping on a platform while remaining still in mid air. So it's obvious that ryou is being used to make platforms for geppo users to hop on.

Storm leg is also haki based since lickings one leg hard to produced am air attack would result in a pressured air Canon or a blunt force airr attack. Not a slash. The only way to produce a slash with a kick or a punch is to sharpen the blunt object (legs in this instance) to the point that it operates like a blade this cutting the air and this making air slashes. So this clearly falls under ryou based on the explanation given about sharpening.

tekkai is fundamentaly armament haki used internally instead of externally. Tekkai users harden their muscles which usually makes their bodies impossible to move while armament haki users harden their exterior producing a armor / shield.

Shigan is tekkai used on a singular point for damage and impact against opponents. However shigan also follows the principal of ryou based on the fact that lucci and stucy and project it and shot it out to hit people the same way sentamaru can project air palms to hit his opponents. Infact Rob lucci takes this further with setting his shigan shot aflame this causing him to project fire bulltes when shotting it out. It's similar to what Luffy does with using armament haki and hear 2nd to set his fist aflame when using red hawk. Also shigan can also bring used on weapons to force those weapons to shot projectiles as shown by who's who. It's clear that that is ryou influenced.

same with rokogun. If luffys entire body including his insides are made of rubber why would he suffer damaged from a regular shockwave attack? The only way is if haki is being used in said attack.

Who says Tekkai users can't move using tekkai? It's a mistranslation. They can move. It was only when using it on their whole body,but yes, it all works

Yeah I concur on this one. I think the stretching part is definitely part of the ability itself. I think not all Rokushiki have got to be haki necessarily. That's not implicating anywhere.
This isn't vanilla Kamie though. It's Kami'e, slime. He's using Kamie and pairing it with something else. All the CP9 had some weird shtick. Like this guys Shigan was a punch.

How does soru,geppo,kamisari fit into haki?I could see rankyaku,tekkai and rokuogan be haki related!But i think they are martial arts techniques that can be enhanced by Haki!
Already explained this. Soru and kamisari doesn't but geppo does.

We have seen people with greater leg strength not learn geppo. We have seen heavy and light weighted people use it so it has nothing to do with weight.

And we have seen Lucci use it while remaining completely still so it has nothing to do with movement speed.

The only logical explanation is that they are releasing haki (ryou) to create platforms to hop on. They aren using leg strength. They are literally hoppng on air.

The same way sentomaru uses ryou to release haki air palms is similar to what rokoushiki users use to hop and propel themselves on air

Where is Haki = Willpower stated btw?
I have been following OP since I was 5, I'm 26 now and I also am still looking after a solid explanation. It doesn't have an unique translation in Japanese but at least we acknowledged that for every type of Haki the kanji color is present. Japanese people usually refer to this word as aura in the broad sense but also spirit or even vigor or even ambition.

Oda mentioned will a lot in his interviews so this is how it born.