Others Role Creation

D

Dragomir

So in light of the concurrent Christmas signups which requires that you make your own role, I figured I'd create this specific guide to assist players with that. This can also serve as a guide to help future hosts in their role making process. Role making is not as daunting as it may seem at first but I assure you that it isn't as complicated as it may seem. It's more or less rather simple and can be quite fun once you get in the groove of it.

In this guide, I will show you how to create a Town role. There are more types of roles out there as you all know already, but I'd rather not this opening post to be excessively long.

When you are looking at a Town role, you'll have to consider that Town should not be having the strongest roles in the game or that would break the balance. Maybe at best one or two Townies being stronger than ONE Mafia member(just one, not all). Now, that you recognize that, you look at the character you're creating. When you're looking at your character, you should be recalling all the things that make them that character. Their personality, any powers that they have, lines that they say in the story, and pre-existing conditions in the story that they may have. All of these things will help you create their role. Let's look at Whitebeard.

Starting off with Whitebeard's personality, we know that he desires to have a family. So from this, you can create an ability to create a family. What exactly? Since families expand and grow and more people join, you can make something like a Mason Recruiter or a Neighborizor if you think a Mason Recruiter is too powerful.
Mason Recruiter: a town role that recruits other townies into their group to have a private chat with. They are known from them on together as Masons. Masons are always town.
Neighborior: similar to a Mason Recruiter where it recruits other players. Only difference is, it can recruit townies and mafia. As such, it doesn't serve as a way to town confirm other players. They are known from then on together as Neighbors. Neighbors can be any alignment.

Another edition of Whitebeard's personality is that he gets angry when one of his family/crew gets killed. Now, there's some controversy occurring as of late because of the recent chapter, but we'll ignore that for the purpose of this role. Now, a type of ability that you can create based on that is one that activates on a condition. Say if an x-number of Townies die, Whitebeard will fly into a rage and y-abilities get stronger.

Moving on to Whitebeard's powers, you have the Gura Gura no mi. It causes destruction. Pretty obvious what kinda ability you'd create for this one. Something that harms another role of course.

Lastly, the pre-existing conditions. Whitebeard is sick in the story. That can also apply to the game. You create a passive ability of some kind that serves as a way to hinder Whitebeard in the game.

Here is the role:

You are Edward Newgate, Whitebeard!

[Passive - Old & Sick] You are an old and sick man, way past your time. As such in this game, your sickness forces you to NOT make more than 10 posts per day phase.

[Active - The Power to Destroy the World!] You are the owner of the Gura Gura no mi, a terrifying devil fruit power that causes earthquakes at your command! During the night target another player in the game to crush them with a quake, that player will be role crushed for the following cycle. A cycle is a combination of 1-day and 1-night phase. A role crush is to lock a player's passive and active abilities for an x-amount of time. They basically turn into vanilla for that period.

[Conditional Passive - You Dare Kill My Sons?] As you are a man who doesn't stand for any harm upon your own family, it's only just that you won't stand for the same against fellow townies. In the event that 3 townies have been night-killed, your Active ability will be upgraded from a role crush to a regular kill. This will reset once it does.

[Active - Pops] Unlike most pirates, your lifelong goal isn't to become the Pirate King. It's to build a loving family where your crew can trust one another and be happy. During the night, target a player of your choice to recruit them into your family. If that player is Town, you and they will share a chat together for the rest of the game. If the player is scum, this action will fail. [1-shot]

Wincon: Eliminate all threats to Town.
Don't forget the character images in your role. These are important, like top 3 most important things. You gotta find the right size. Not too big, not too small. These abilities aren't set in stone. They can be whatever you want. For example, the Old & Sick passive can make Whitebeard's vote power be 0 instead of limiting his post count. Or it could make him not be able to claim. The Gura Gura no mi can straight up be a role block instead of a role crush if you want the role to be weaker. It just depends on what you want. As long as it makes sense, it's okay.

If you guys would like for me to show you an example of other types of roles–like Cult Leader, Mafia Godfather, Harmful Indie, Troll Indie, Pro-town/scum Indie–then let me know, I'll run through it in a similar manner as I did for Whitebeard. If you have any questions, ask them in this thread and I will answer them. Lastly, if you are an established host who already knows how to create roles, feel free to make your own guide post in here!

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
So in light of the concurrent Christmas signups which requires that you make your own role, I figured I'd create this specific guide to assist players with that. This can also serve as a guide to help future hosts in their role making process. Role making is not as daunting as it may seem at first but I assure you that it isn't as complicated as it may seem. It's more or less rather simple and can be quite fun once you get in the groove of it.

In this guide, I will show you how to create a Town role. There are more types of roles out there as you all know already, but I'd rather not this opening post to be excessively long.

When you are looking at a Town role, you'll have to consider that Town should not be having the strongest roles in the game or that would break the balance. Maybe at best one or two Townies being stronger than ONE Mafia member(just one, not all). Now, that you recognize that, you look at the character you're creating. When you're looking at your character, you should be recalling all the things that make them that character. Their personality, any powers that they have, lines that they say in the story, and pre-existing conditions in the story that they may have. All of these things will help you create their role. Let's look at Whitebeard.

Starting off with Whitebeard's personality, we know that he desires to have a family. So from this, you can create an ability to create a family. What exactly? Since families expand and grow and more people join, you can make something like a Mason Recruiter or a Neighborizor if you think a Mason Recruiter is too powerful.
Mason Recruiter: a town role that recruits other townies into their group to have a private chat with. They are known from them on together as Masons. Masons are always town.
Neighborior: similar to a Mason Recruiter where it recruits other players. Only difference is, it can recruit townies and mafia. As such, it doesn't serve as a way to town confirm other players. They are known from then on together as Neighbors. Neighbors can be any alignment.

Another edition of Whitebeard's personality is that he gets angry when one of his family/crew gets killed. Now, there's some controversy occurring as of late because of the recent chapter, but we'll ignore that for the purpose of this role. Now, a type of ability that you can create based on that is one that activates on a condition. Say if an x-number of Townies die, Whitebeard will fly into a rage and y-abilities get stronger.

Moving on to Whitebeard's powers, you have the Gura Gura no mi. It causes destruction. Pretty obvious what kinda ability you'd create for this one. Something that harms another role of course.

Lastly, the pre-existing conditions. Whitebeard is sick in the story. That can also apply to the game. You create a passive ability of some kind that serves as a way to hinder Whitebeard in the game.

Here is the role:

Don't forget the character images in your role. These are important, like top 3 most important things. You gotta find the right size. Not too big, not too small. These abilities aren't set in stone. They can be whatever you want. For example, the Old & Sick passive can make Whitebeard's vote power be 0 instead of limiting his post count. Or it could make him not be able to claim. The Gura Gura no mi can straight up be a role block instead of a role crush if you want the role to be weaker. It just depends on what you want. As long as it makes sense, it's okay.

If you guys would like for me to show you an example of other types of roles–like Cult Leader, Mafia Godfather, Harmful Indie, Troll Indie, Pro-town/scum Indie–then let me know, I'll run through it in a similar manner as I did for Whitebeard. If you have any questions, ask them in this thread and I will answer them. Lastly, if you are an established host who already knows how to create roles, feel free to make your own guide post in here!

Can I submit my Whitebeard role here?

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
What's an harmful indie?

Please show me how to make a Pro-town/scum Indie role Dragomir-sama :steef:

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
What do you mean?

A harmful indie is a role with intentions to hurt other roles or cause chaos. Serial Killer, Jester, and Cults are examples of this.

Which one? Pro-town, pro-scum, or both?

Oh I see thanks. Those are cool too.

The three?

:amazing:

Reborn

What do you mean?

A harmful indie is a role with intentions to hurt other roles or cause chaos. Serial Killer, Jester, and Cults are examples of this.

Which one? Pro-town, pro-scum, or both?
I mean I can create roles based on personalities and abilties and understand which ability requires limitations however, I ends up adding my own ideas. Don't know is it good or bad lol

So, I was wondering if I can create WB role as this is the role you created in OP to get it checked by you or give me any other character

Zemmi

GodMommie
What I don't like is a Cultafia tbh. It can seriously mess with the game unless you make the strongest Town roles unconvertable.

Or playing a game with a Cultafia and 2 Cults. That's just crazy, please never do that here :suresure:.
One of my favorite games included two mafias.

Reborn

What I don't like is a Cultafia tbh. It can seriously mess with the game unless you make the strongest Town roles unconvertable.

Or playing a game with a Cultafia and 2 Cults. That's just crazy, please never do that here :suresure:.
Seems like nice idea for me😈😈

Keep giving me crazy ideas 🤭🤭

D

Dragomir

What if I want to make every role overpowered in a game? How do I make a balanced game?
This gets into the territory of creating setups, which is a whole other conversation, but generally for this, as Reborn stated, you see how each role interacts with one another. If the interactions breaks the game then you'll have to change some things. You will still have to follow general hosting rules too. Mafia and Harmful indies should be the most powerful roles in the game. Town should be weaker even if each individual role is overpowered.
Post automatically merged:

I mean I can create roles based on personalities and abilties and understand which ability requires limitations however, I ends up adding my own ideas. Don't know is it good or bad lol

So, I was wondering if I can create WB role as this is the role you created in OP to get it checked by you or give me any other character
Sure, feel free to create your own Whitebeard role or any other character you want in here and I'll go over it.

One of my favorite games included two mafias.
The game I'm referring to had 1 normal Cult, 1 Jester Cult and 1 Cultafia. Cultafia had 7 members in the end, Jester Cult had like 4 or 5 and the normal Cult Leader was luckily lynched D1. Funny thing is I had all the reads right, but because of that people thought I was TMI'ing and converted myself, so they didn't listen.

But yeah, 3 Cults is too much. The game is no fun at all.

D

Dragomir

Even with this I do not trust myself to make a balanced game :josad:
Haha, creating a setup requires a lot more extra stuff than what I over for creating roles. It's uber complicated and takes time to learn to do it right. I wouldn't stress out about it Zem. I'm still learning myself.

AL sama

Red Haired
Haha, creating a setup requires a lot more extra stuff than what I over for creating roles. It's uber complicated and takes time to learn to do it right. I wouldn't stress out about it Zem. I'm still learning myself.
everyone learns new things every game

like right at this moment I m thinking about how to balance my game