Speculations Ryuma vs Roger/Whitebeard

Who is strongest

• Strongest in The World/Sword God Ryuma

• Pirate King Gol D. Roger

• Strongest man in The World Whitebeard

Results are only viewable after voting.
An analysis as to why Ryuma can be stronger than or Equal to Roger.

But first let me list off Roger’s feats and portrayal.

Roger could go toe to toe with the world’s strongest man, Whitebeard.

Roger(and crew?) and Garp defeated Rox, a pirate crew with VERY heavy hitters. Whitebeard was nearing his prime at the time of this event.

Rox/Rocks: Kaido, Shiki, Whitebeard, Big Mom and others.

Roger was strong enough to compete with anyone, and became Pirate King after conquering the Grand Line.

His narrative standing is one of which the protagonist of the story wishes to surpass.

Roger so far was ONLY showcased as a swordsman, yet it is unknown if he created a black blade.

Ryuma on the other hand has forged a black blade.

Ryuma was called the strongest in the world in his time. Not strongest man/pirate(Whitebeard), swordsman(Mihawk), or creature(Kaido). Just "Strongest in the World".

Ryuma is said to be the strongest in the world and also the strongest swordsman. Also here we see that Shirano is said to be second to ryuma.

He cut down the second strongest swordsman after him easily. This is like Mihawk or Shanks low diffing each other. Even his competitor could not compete.

Ryuma neg diffs Shirano

Ryuma was also bestowed the title of “Sword God” and “Ryuma The King”.

Ryuma also made the World fear him and Wano country even after his death Centuries ago.

Ryuma made it clear

He fought off the World gov and pirates. He also beheaded a Dragon in one move.

All of these feats he did single-handedly without help.

Not even Shirohige or Roger could FULLY instill fear in the world, even with the power to destroy the world or with the secrets of the world

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/ij35e3

Monsters was a stand alone one shot. The character Ryuma is the same, but his story in One Piece is different. Oda already addressed this in an SBS.

O: Well, here are two questions about my old short story collection, "Wanted!" I'll tackle Ryuma's first. The zombie Ryuma appears in Chapter 450 from this volume, and he is indeed the Ryuma who starred in "Monsters". In the world of One Piece, he's now a legendary swordsman who died of sickness. I wouldn't have minded if this had just slipped through the cracks, but I was happy to see that so many people noticed.

This isn't to say that Ryuma in One Piece isn't extremely powerful in his own right. But Monsters can't be used to properly gauge the guy. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a backstory on him soon enough though.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything

Post automatically merged:

Monsters was a stand alone one shot. The character Ryuma is the same, but his story in One Piece is different. Oda already addressed this in an SBS.

O: Well, here are two questions about my old short story collection, "Wanted!" I'll tackle Ryuma's first. The zombie Ryuma appears in Chapter 450 from this volume, and he is indeed the Ryuma who starred in "Monsters". In the world of One Piece, he's now a legendary swordsman who died of sickness. I wouldn't have minded if this had just slipped through the cracks, but I was happy to see that so many people noticed.

This isn't to say that Ryuma in One Piece isn't extremely powerful in his own right. But Monsters can't be used to properly gauge the guy. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a backstory on him soon enough though.
Ryuma defeat every pirate and enemy outside that they want the gold wano

Monsters is canon to One Piece. Everything about it is. Oda already confirmed this.

Highlighting "in the world of one piece" changes nothing, it just specifying that he is already dead in the world of One Piece, he is still the legend. Toei even adapted Monsters; The people closest to Oda. The whole story itself is canon, the fact that he says the character is canon means everything that contributed to him being that "character" is canon, which only further confirms that monsters is canon. The setting in monsters was Wano. Don't try to dissect something that was already confirmed to be canon to the story of One Piece.

I just showed you that in an SBS he said that in the World of One Piece Ryuma is different. Have you read Monsters? Does that Wild Western town or any of it's inhabitants look like Wano to you?
No where does he say it is different. He says it is the SAME Ryuma from Monsters. Shuiesha already confirmed that Monsters is canon to One Piece, so did Toei, the Wiki and Oda himself by saying Ryuma is the SAME character, if his story were different he wouldn't be the SAME.

Notice in that SBS he does not differentiate between Ryuma from Monsters to Ryuma in TB, but he does Differentiate Garp. Why is that?
Because Ryuma story is canon, he slayed a dragon in monsters as well as in One Piece. He was known as strongest in Monsters as well as in One Piece(Sword God):jordanmf:

No where does he say it is different. He says it is the SAME Ryuma from Monsters. Shuiesha already confirmed that Monsters is canon to One Piece, so did Toei, the Wiki and Oda himself by saying Ryuma is the SAME character, if his story were different he wouldn't be the SAME.

Notice in that SBS he does not differentiate between Ryuma from Monsters to Ryuma in TB, but he does Differentiate Garp. Why is that?
Because Ryuma story is canon, he slayed a dragon in monsters as well as in One Piece. He was known as strongest in Monsters as well as in One Piece(Sword God):jordanmf:
You did not answer my question. Does that Wild Western town, and those Western Cowboy looking inhabitants look like Wano to you? :kayneshrug:

Ryuma defeat every pirate and enemy outside that they want the gold wano
Every random pirate doesnt mean top tiers ya doof..
Oda introduced WB as the WSM by title, he envisions him as the strongest, no way he would introduce someone stronger than him, even in the past, Its narratively bad. Luffy's goal to surpass roger and thus whitebeard would be less impactfull
Its basic story telling man.