Break Week Samurai land with no focus on Zoro, technology land with no focus on Franky, you guys better stop expecting anything for Usopp on Elbaf...

Big difference is that Oda actually likes to write plots for Usopp. Usopp is a flawed and nuanced character, and therefore way more interesting for an author to work with; with Zoro is obvious Oda simply doesn't care as much as he doesn't find him rich enough, hence why, at the end of the day, his role in Wano was ultimately shallow in spite of the potential he seemingly had. But Usopp? Oda likes Usopp so much that his best piece of story so far revolves around Usopp, and even when the plot doesn't require it he's willing to give him very important roles (such as Dressrosa). Practically the whole story is splattered with exploring Usopp's character. Also, just like Zoro isn't exciting to work with for storytelling, Franky is entertaining in fights as that's where his gadgets and personality arise —hence why he pretty much always gets a fight, whether it's Fukurou, Ikaros, Baby 5 and Buffalo, Señor Pink, Sasaki; Oda enjoys drawing fights for Franky and clearly has fun with him, but he isn't as interesting to develop as Usopp.

I highly doubt Oda will waste the chance to fulfill Usopp's connection to Elbaf. Don't compare a character he likes from an authorial point of view to Zoro and Franky, these two have nothing over Usopp in this regard. On top of it, the build up for Usopp's role in Elbaf is arguably one of the strongest in the whole series and has been brought back again since Little Garden. It's not something Oda would just forget about.

Well, Franky still has time.

And it'll be really weird if we don't see some focus on Usopp since Oda likes Vikings stuff and was inspired by it.

"
In an interview with Viz, "One Piece" mastermind Eiichiro Oda spoke about his influences for crafting the grand saga. When asked by the publication what his inspiration was for writing a manga series about pirates, the author replied, "Ever since I was little, I liked pirates. As a child I really liked an anime series called 'Vicke the Little Viking.' It was about a little kid who admires Vikings, and his dream is to become one of them when he grows up. As I did research on pirates for 'One Piece,' I realized that Vikings are a type of pirate."

Read More: https://www.looper.com/1140158/a-little-known-viking-anime-inspired-the-creation-of-one-piece/"
That's basically Usopp.

Big difference is that Oda actually likes to write plots for Usopp. Usopp is a flawed and nuanced character, and therefore way more interesting for an author to work with; with Zoro is obvious Oda simply doesn't care as much as he doesn't find him rich enough, hence why, at the end of the day, his role in Wano was ultimately shallow in spite of the potential he seemingly had. But Usopp? Oda likes Usopp so much that his best piece of story so far revolves around Usopp, and even when the plot doesn't require it he's willing to give him very important roles (such as Dressrosa). Practically the whole story is splattered with exploring Usopp's character. Also, just like Zoro isn't exciting to work with for storytelling, Franky is entertaining in fights as that's where his gadgets and personality arise —hence why he pretty much always gets a fight, whether it's Fukurou, Ikaros, Baby 5 and Buffalo, Señor Pink, Sasaki; Oda enjoys drawing fights for Franky and clearly has fun with him, but he isn't as interesting to develop as Usopp.

I highly doubt Oda will waste the chance to fulfill Usopp's connection to Elbaf. Don't compare a character he likes from an authorial point of view to Zoro and Franky, these two have nothing over Usopp in this regard. On top of it, the build up for Usopp's role in Elbaf is arguably one of the strongest in the whole series and has been brought back again since Little Garden. It's not something Oda would just forget about.
Usopp was wasted in wano though.

And in Zou, wasn’t in WCI, has done nothing in Egghead…

Honestly the only post skip arc that Oda has given Usopp spotlight was Dressrosa, and a sizeable chunk of that was just a retread of “Usopp is a coward and runs away, oh look he’s back.” Which we saw years back on Arlong Park with the Chew fight.

He was very well written pre-skip- so were all the Strawhats, that’s why pre-skip was broadly better than post- but he’s been a flanderised shell for years now. I still think he’ll come good again in Elbaf, but I also think that Oda has basically put all good character work for Usopp on halt until then, which has left post-skip Usopp a very disappointing character.

Oda finding Usopp more interesting to work with doesn't mean he is going to give him a significant role in every arc. The point is that Oda has been working on Usopp consistently since day one, exploring the background for his lies (Syrup), exposing him to his first experience in the world outside his little village and the threats he will face there (Arlong Park), building his relationship with giants (Little Garden, later Enies Lobby), making him the only one to see the Klabauterman (Skypiea) and establishing the basis for his Water 7 conflict and Sogeking persona in Enies Lobby, then working with the benefits of his negativity and once again stressing him as a valuable member while growing beyond Sogeking (Thriller Bark), and writing his first big moment of self-acceptation in Dressrosa (where he faced Trébol by presenting himself as a Straw Hat instead of some big figure of his invention), which lead to becoming one of the MVP of the plot.

The thing with Usopp is that Oda works with him transversally through the story. Wano was going to be Zoro's arc because it was hard to see him apart of the whole swordsmanship idiosyncrasy; and Franky is entertaining as a fighter because of his style plus personality, but I don't think Oda wants to explore him beyond that. Sanji seems to be of more interest for Oda since he has been given a character-driven plot since Zou to Wano, but that's it. But Usopp? Usopp has always received more or less attention and his character has been explored on a consistent basis since his introduction.

I highly, highly doubt Oda won't focus on Usopp when Elbaf comes: he admired Dorry and Brogy (who are in Elbaf now), he made friends with Oimo and Kashii (who are in Elbaf too), Hajrudin was the first to elevate him to divine status and as recently as chapter 1066 he was highlighted showing interest the moment Vegapunk mentioned Elbaf. It's just too solid of a transversal plot for Oda to ignore it.

Oda finding Usopp more interesting to work with doesn't mean he is going to give him a significant role in every arc. The point is that Oda has been working on Usopp consistently since day one, exploring the background for his lies (Syrup), exposing him to his first experience in the world outside his little village and the threats he will face there (Arlong Park), building his relationship with giants (Little Garden, later Enies Lobby), making him the only one to see the Klabauterman (Skypiea) and establishing the basis for his Water 7 conflict and Sogeking persona in Enies Lobby, then working with the benefits of his negativity and once again stressing him as a valuable member while growing beyond Sogeking (Thriller Bark), and writing his first big moment of self-acceptation in Dressrosa (where he faced Trébol by presenting himself as a Straw Hat instead of some big figure of his invention), which lead to becoming one of the MVP of the plot.

The thing with Usopp is that Oda works with him transversally through the story. Wano was going to be Zoro's arc because it was hard to see him apart of the whole swordsmanship idiosyncrasy; and Franky is entertaining as a fighter because of his style plus personality, but I don't think Oda wants to explore him beyond that. Sanji seems to be of more interest for Oda since he has been given a character-driven plot since Zou to Wano, but that's it. But Usopp? Usopp has always received more or less attention and his character has been explored on a consistent basis since his introduction.

I highly, highly doubt Oda won't focus on Usopp when Elbaf comes: he admired Dorry and Brogy (who are in Elbaf now), he made friends with Oimo and Kashii (who are in Elbaf too), Hajrudin was the first to elevate him to divine status and as recently as chapter 1066 he was highlighted showing interest the moment Vegapunk mentioned Elbaf. It's just too solid of a transversal plot for Oda to ignore it.
Post skip usopp is hot trash.