Character Discussion Sanji-fans, how are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanji was my favorite character by miles Pre-TS and he's still great, I loved his character during WCI. But I'd be lying if I said I don't think he's been getting unnecessarily shafted throughout Post-TS at times

I'm not a member of the "Oda hates Sanji!" brigade but there are times where his characterization feels...off. In the past he'd take a punishment, get back up, and achieve something 10x greater than before. Nowadays it's just repulsive behavior with no payoff.

I'm hoping 1006 was the start of something great, but at this point I don't even know what that looks like anymore. It'll have to be bigger than Mr. Prince and The Hunter combined.

That's the only possible way for a redemption imo. Not just fighting King, Queen, Jack, Perospero or whoever. We're past that. He needs something greater.

At his best, Sanji was untouchable imo

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Story wise I already dislike Wano. By far the worst arc for me.
I'm patiently waiting for it to end to see if I'll legit drop One Piece.
Story wise I would actually just do it by the end, but if it is solidified that Sanji got the Gohan/Rock Lee treatment, I drop it for suuuuuuure.
Doesn't make much sense to follow a story that chips away most of the things I like about it. :P

But, again, I'm waiting....patiently. :moonwalk:

My condolences to the utter lack of attention Oda has decided to give him.
Or rather, the revelation that Oda himself is the biggest zoro fan in a matter of chapters.
And if any of you still believes that zoro/sanji rivlary is still a thing (strength-wise), please let me know.
I have almost given up on sanji still being a strong character relative to zoro and luffy. Sanji is arguable weaker than Jinbei. Who sanji can surpass this arc depends how oda matches him up. But as far as a top tier combatant though there is a good chance he isn't top 3 strawhat anymore after this arc. Especially if yamato joins who scales above sanji due to clashing with a prime ace. Sanji got rock lee'd.

Story wise I already dislike Wano. By far the worst arc for me.
I'm patiently waiting for it to end to see if I'll legit drop One Piece.
Story wise I would actually just do it by the end, but if it is solidified that Sanji got the Gohan/Rock Lee treatment, I drop it for suuuuuuure.
Doesn't make much sense to follow a story that chips away most of the things I like about it. :P

But, again, I'm waiting....patiently. :moonwalk:
Can you explain why you dislike wano so much? Im genuinely asking and im curious, i like wano, kaido and the scabbard, the only parts i kinda dislike is so much filler characters and oden was kinda ass, but at least sanji was good with RS vs page one and drake (The black maria thing was trash filler but whatever).

Zoro is done, sanji hasn't even started yet, still waiting.
While Zoro and Luffy were guided by the best masters, Sanji had to practice his skills on his own during the 2 years timeskip, nearly 1000 chapters he fought without gears or weapons, but The strength he has shown is not far behind Zoro and Luffy .

Sanji still hasn't gotten to his main shine and:

- One Kick pushed Tobbi Roppo into Hybrid
- Destroys headliners with base kicks
- Got a good CoO feat
- Has Armament haki that could hurt a Giant Tobbi Roppos hands whilst blocking. Whilst they're using Knuckle busters
- Matches a YC1 in RS Base, no DJ.

Of course it's not Luffy and Zoro level feats yet, but Oda is still saving till Sanji's fight. He doesn't look malnourished like how yall making it seem.

Zoro is done, sanji hasn't even started yet, still waiting.
While Zoro and Luffy were guided by the best masters, Sanji had to practice his skills on his own during the 2 years timeskip, nearly 1000 chapters he fought without gears or weapons, but The strength he has shown is not far behind Zoro and Luffy .
i dunno man. Sanji had his WCI arc, where zoro is completely MIA and still Sanji still hasn't gotten much feats out of it.
Basically wano is zoro's arc, of what Sanji's WCI arc should have could have been imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.