General & Others Sanji is a gag character not meant to be among the strongest

Is Sanji a serious threat?

• Total voters
i think at best he couldve beaten Jack before the powerups and thats me being generous.

sucks he didnt just grow on his own i theorized it wouldve been nami who got powerups from vinsmokes upgrading her climatac.

still surprised we went through 3 of the smartest scientist to not have any single SH primarily Franky, or Nami get some upgrades there instead they went to Sanji to which they failed on him originally.
Just sucks. Oda had such a boner for his power up after the power up idea that he just trashed the one good thing from WCI
They are real characters
"Real" characters

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
Sanji the “gag” character’s first reaction to seeing Nami get hurt was to kick away a flame on Lunarian and threaten to execute him, Zoro the gag character’s first reaction to his captain getting defeated and captured was to make an idiotic goofy face. They are not the same

There's a difference between characters with gags (virtually everyone but Akainu and the WG figures) and characters who are largely comedic. Sanji literally almost died from being horny once, so he's clearly the latter. You can really only deny it if you're in your feelings

Sanji Kingdom is yet another reference to Kamabakka lol. I don't know why it's apparently shameful to link Sanji to Iva, he was a world class sensei. In Sanji's own words, those guys made him many times stronger and now he can rival Jinbe
Oh let's see.

He clearly says he didn't want their life style, they prey on him for 2 years straight, part of it a challenge he accepts, but the rest simply because they want to force him. It's so traumatizing he creates an attack from the memories of it, and refers to it as hell, and learns another move just to get away.

But you think he should credit what he had to discover on his own to the literal people that preyed on him with close to sexual harassment? That doesn't seem a bit wrong to you?

Once again, there was no speech about him getting trained by Iva. The only call back is him running away. Until there is, and you can provide that panel. Canonly he didn't mentor him.

Oh let's see.

He clearly says he didn't want their life style, they prey on him for 2 years straight, part of it a challenge he accepts, but the rest simply because they want to force him. It's so traumatizing he creates an attack from the memories of it, and refers to it as hell, and learns another move just to get away.

But you think he should credit what he had to discover on his own to the literal people that preyed on him with close to sexual harassment? That doesn't seem a bit wrong to you?

Once again, there was no speech about him getting trained by Iva. The only call back is him running away. Until there is, and you can provide that panel. Canonly he didn't mentor him.
Canon is that he was quickly low diffed by Iva upon meeting him. Canon is that he said the ordeal of challenging the martial artists would make him much stronger and guess who was their boss? I'm not saying he learned okama kenpo, but he just pulled the same drop kick Iva hit him with before the timeskip. It defies logic to say that in two years, Iva didn't rub off on him.

But really, the least canonical suggestion is what you said earlier: that he taught himself Haki. There's literally no indication of that. Where would he learn the term and refine the application? Obviously Iva knows Haki... just as he mentioned Luffy's conqueror ability, Sanji knew what Haohshoku was on Fishman Island. You really think he taught himself about that?

Canon is that he was quickly low diffed by Iva upon meeting him. Canon is that he said the ordeal of challenging the martial artists would make him much stronger and guess who was their boss? I'm not saying he learned okama kenpo, but he just pulled the same drop kick Iva hit him with before the timeskip. It defies logic to say that in two years, Iva didn't rub off on him.

But really, the least canonical suggestion is what you said earlier: that he taught himself Haki. There's literally no indication of that. Where would he learn the term and refine the application? Obviously Iva knows Haki... just as he mentioned Luffy's conqueror ability, Sanji knew what Haohshoku was on Fishman Island. You really think he taught himself about that?
Learning from fighting your opponent is not the same as getting trained/taught by them. Should he have to credit all his previous opponents too then in that case since you're saying to credit the freakshow predators on kambakka?

As for Haki, until Oda says where he learned it, it's an unknown. You can't claim he did, I can't claim he didn't. My opinion is that he didn't. Yours is he did. But until Oda says, we have no indication he was trained by him as the character has not said he was like Luffy and Zoro did theirs.

Learning from fighting your opponent is not the same as getting trained/taught by them. Should he have to credit all his previous opponents too then in that case since you're saying to credit the freakshow predators on kambakka?

As for Haki, until Oda says where he learned it, it's an unknown. You can't claim he did, I can't claim he didn't. My opinion is that he didn't. Yours is he did. But until Oda says, we have no indication he was trained by him as the character has not said he was like Luffy and Zoro did theirs.
Luffy and Zoro awakened Haki pre timeskip. They had two of the strongest non DF users in the world teaching them directly. Luffy managed more than the "crude basics" but he's considered a prodigy and was still under supervision for 18 months. Zoro practiced sheer swordsmanship without some side hobby like cooking and it took all his time anyway. And you think Sanji taught himself. ROFL, think about it. Like I said, why would he know Haohshoku by name.

And yeah, I would say Sanji learned from previous opponents. That's how it works, they grow in combat. But the difference with Kamabakka is that it was every day for two whole years 🙃

Luffy and Zoro awakened Haki pre timeskip. They had two of the strongest non DF users in the world teaching them directly. Luffy managed more than the "crude basics" but he's considered a prodigy and was still under supervision for 18 months. And you think Sanji taught himself. ROFL, think about it. Like I said, why would he know Haohshoku by name.

And yeah, I would say Sanji learned from previous opponents. That's how it works, they grow in combat. But the difference with Kamabakka is that it was every day for two whole years 🙃
It's said he learns CoA from fighting the assholes on the island off. People infer with an educated guess (but still not said or confirmed until Oda says anything) that CoO probably came from survival, like trying to keep watch when sleeping, otherwise if running for 2 tears when Iva said day and night he'd be chased, how did he sleep.

For names, might have asked about the skills he developed after developing them or seeing them like Luffy asked about CoC after unlocking it. But that's not being taught how to use it.

Learning by observance isn't the same as being trained if the person didn't specifically set out to train you. A person only has their own quick thinking, observance, and adaption to thank if they learn that way.

If you watch someone play chess and learn through observation, or get better by playing them, you think you suddenly have to credit them as a teacher? Fuck no! Especially if they acted like a predator as you played them.

Sanji the “gag” character’s first reaction to seeing Nami get hurt was to kick away a flame on Lunarian and threaten to execute him, Zoro the gag character’s first reaction to his captain getting defeated and captured was to make an idiotic goofy face. They are not the same
Lanji is nothing more than robot hard carried by Judge's handouts, at least you know that he's going all out against the weakest Seraphim, both are n°4 for a reason. :risitameh:

so you’re saying sanji is a gag character then given his training compared to zoro and luffy.
Luffy and Zoro only learned the basics of haki, Lanji learned okama recipes, their fighting style, pseudo rokushiki techniques and haki. He even learned how to walk in high heels.
Luffy was alone for most of the 2 years and Zoro had to recover from a serious wound. Lanji had the best training in history and he still couldn't beat Vergo. :risitexcla:

It’s just Sanji fired up bruh….how is it goofy portrayal?
This is WG. Everything linked to Sanji should receive bad connotation and must be viewed in negative light.
Post automatically merged:

i think at best he couldve beaten Jack before the powerups and thats me being generous.
No, Pre Onigashima Sanji can only stale Jack. He is barely Commander level due to his speed.

This is why:

- in Punk Hazard, we have a bad showing of him against a top Veteran level.
- in Dressrosa, we have another bad showing of him against Doffy, a high Commander, very easily/lowdiff.
- in Zou, he didn't fight/clash with Jack.
- in WCI, he only allowed to deal with Veteran level like Oven & Daifuku.
- in Wano capital, he clashed against the weakest veteran of Kaido.

Last edited: