Speculations Sanji vs Queen is probably over, and Zoro vs King will be just as underwhelming (one chapter more)

Thoughts?

• It’s possible but I really hope not

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • It’s likely, Oda’s fights in Wano tend to be unsatisfying

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • It’s unlikely, Zoro is special so his fight we’ll be a banger

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • It’s obvious, Zoro one shots opponents after a new ability/power up

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
Oda often likes to give a character a major character development chapter before having them defeat their 1v1 opponent.

In Sanji’s case, the character development chapter was chapter 1031 where he destroyed the raid suit. The next chapter in the fight, 1034, has Sanji defeat Queen in one chapter. Although people may not be convinced that Queen is down because of the lack of payoff, Jack and the Tobiroppo were also incredibly unsatisfying, and the chapter had all the characteristics of a finisher chapter.

In Zoro’s case, the character development chapter was 1032 where he finally tamed Enma and starting coating his blades in COC. I think the probability that Zoro figures out King’s ability in a single chapter and then one shots him is incredibly high. This would match the general development -> fight end pattern, as well as many of Zoro’s other fights. He tends to one shot his opponent (Mr. 1, Kaku) as soon as he powers up.

There are two major counters to this idea, both of which I think fall apart if you actually think about them:
1) King still seems confident even though Zoro has COC coating.
There are two problems with this as a rebuttal. This first of which is that Zoro defeating King is dependent on Zoro figuring out the secret behind King’s durability/Lunarian hax, not just on having COC. That likely won’t be revealed until just before King gets defeated. The second is that King tends to be calm in any given scenario other than his mask being damaged. This parallels Marco and Katakuri, particularly Marco who is calm/confident even in front of characters like Big Mom and Akainu.

2) We still need more info and King’s backstory.
We will definitey see King’s mask break, but I’m actually starting think we won’t learn the full story of the Lunarians until after the fight/raid, and potentially even after Wano itself. I thought we would get MADS info from Queen, but we didn’t.

Last edited:
Theres too much abt K we dont know for it to just be 1 chapter

King has to show his last power like Queen did with the Germa stuff
King has to give an explanation as to y he wears the gimp suit after the mask breaks
That can easily just take a chapter.
Post automatically merged:

Is there a chance it ends in 1 chapter but that one chapter is filled with high-quality lore and action, involving Lunarians/King explained + Mihawk flashback + ACoC back and forth clashes + sexy spicy beautiful finisher move? I choose that

:doffycry::crybeard::perocry:
I’d rate the odds of that happening as 1/5

I mean it’s know that Oda is kind of hack when it comes to fights. This has been the case for like 1000-ish chapters lol
The nature of Zoro fighting style is that he tends to OS his opponents after a super powerful hit. But that doesn't make the fights bad, imo. vs Mr.1 ended in a hit fight but it was a pretty good fight cause you felt Zoro struggle through the whole thing and the art was great.
If King's durability is some shitty clown ass gimmick and Zoro OS him with a mid-high end move I agree that shit would be whack. But if Zoro still struggle for more than a chapter and has to pull a move as a impressive as Ashura (or even more) I don't see the problem.
This really depend of the choreography. Sanji vs Queen is mid because Queen was more of a clown and never really felt threatening, plus the panelling was ass which isn't the case with King.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Oda often like to give a characters a major character development chapter before having them defeat their 1v1 opponent.

In Sanji’s case, the character development chapter was chapter 1031 where he destroyed the raid suit. The next chapter in the fight, 1034, has Sanji defeat Queen in one chapter. Although people may not be convinced that Queen is down because of the lack of payoff, Jack and the Tobiroppo were also incredibly unsatisfying, and the chapter had all the characteristics of a finisher chapter.

In Zoro’s case, the character development chapter was 1032 where he finally tamed Enma and starting coating his blades in COC. I think the probability that Zoro figures out King’s ability in a single chapter and then one shots him is incredibly high. This would match the general development -> fight end pattern, as well as many of Zoro’s other fights. He tends to one shot his opponent (Mr. 1, Kaku) as soon as he powers up.

There are two major counters to this idea, both of which I think fall apart if you actually think about them:
1) King still seems confident even though Zoro has COC coating.
There are two problems with this as a rebuttal. This first of which is that Zoro defeating King is dependent on Zoro figuring out the secret behind King’s durability/Lunarian hax, not just on having COC. That likely won’t be revealed until just before King gets defeated. The second is that King tends to be calm in any given scenario other than his mask being damaged. This parallels Marco and Katakuri, particularly Marco who is calm/confident even in front of characters like Big Mom and Akainu.

2) We still need more info and King’s backstory.
We will definitey see King’s mask break, but I’m actually starting think we won’t learn the full story of the Lunarians until after the fight/raid, and potentially even after Wano itself. I thought we would get MADS info from Queen, but we didn’t.
I agree that Sanji vs Queen is probably over, but I'm expecting two more chapters from Zoro vs King.

I think Haoshoku coating is Zoro's equivalent of the exoskeleton. I'm guessing that we'll still see his equivalent of Ifrit Jambe.

Queen only revealed his trump card (all the Vinsmoke powers combined) after the ultimate attack from exoskeleton Sanji (Hell's Memories).

For King, I think the equivalent of this would be when Haoshoku Zoro lands an attack on him that completely destroys his mask.

I'd expect that to be the end of the next Zoro vs King chapter.

We'd have one more chapter after the mask is destroyed, where King goes all out, and then Zoro uses his Ifrit Jambe equivalent to defeat him.

The nature of Zoro fighting style is that he tends to OS his opponents after a super powerful hit. But that doesn't make the fights bad, imo. vs Mr.1 ended in a hit fight but it was a pretty good fight cause you felt Zoro struggle through the whole thing and the art was great.
If King's durability is some shitty clown ass gimmick and Zoro OS him with a mid-high end move I agree that shit would be whack. But if Zoro still struggle for more than a chapter and has to pull a move as a impressive as Ashura (or even more) I don't see the problem.
This really depend of the choreography. Sanji vs Queen is mid because Queen was more of a clown and never really felt threatening, plus the panelling was ass which isn't the case with King.
Unfortunately, I think the odds of King’s durability being a gimmick are very very high. It’s probably his version of Marco’s regen given all the parallels they have