Theory Sanji's Awakening

Do you think that Sanji was affected by his genetic modifications?

• Yes

• No

• On the Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
"Here's what Oda to say about the vinsmokes hair colour:
「血統因子の操作による影響が出なかったからこそ、そのまま親と同じ髪色なんですね。」
Trans: Due to the fact that Sanji didn't manifest the effects of having his lineage factor manipulated, he retains the same hair color as his parents. "

Ok. This single part right here convinced me Oda is gonna pull some awakening shenanigan.
Blonde hair turning into Black hair to power up? Sounds like the kind of trickery reversed parallel with Dragonball I can totally see Oda pulling.
As things stand, I don't like it.
But I might have a change of heart if it's done properly, just like it was with the whole Vinsmoke storyline.
As much as I would like Black Haired Sanji. I think Sanji's DJ is an after effect of the drug Sora took. Thus he unlocks the full potential of the power he got from his mom. Not the Vinsmoke modifications

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
As much as I would like Black Haired Sanji. I think Sanji's DJ is an after effect of the drug Sora took. Thus he unlocks the full potential of the power he got from his mom. Not the Vinsmoke modifications
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no such thing as "Vinsmoke special genes".
Judge and Sora were "normal". Reiju was the first "batch" of bioengineering Judge used, but she retained her emotions. So Judge experimented even further during Sora's pregnancy of the "Jis".
Reason why they dont have blonde hair, only Sanji does. No reason to think there's something special about Judge or Sora in this case. ONly about the 5 children.
Diable Jamble might just be Oda's idea of Sanji getting a PU through his emotions, since it would go against what Judge believes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no such thing as "Vinsmoke special genes".
Judge and Sora were "normal". Reiju was the first "batch" of bioengineering Judge used, but she retained her emotions. So Judge experimented even further during Sora's pregnancy of the "Jis".
Reason why they dont have blonde hair, only Sanji does. No reason to think there's something special about Judge or Sora in this case. ONly about the 5 children.
Diable Jamble might just be Oda's idea of Sanji getting a PU through his emotions, since it would go against what Judge believes.
Judge and Sora are ordinary. Sora has emotions but is modified. The Vins have no emtions but they are modified. And Sanji has emotions but is not modified.

The thing is Sanji got his emotions from the drug his mother took. If she never took that drug, Sanji would be emotionless and modified like the rest of them. But since Sanji absorbed the entire drug for himself, instead of sharing it with the rest of the Vins. We now have the highly passionate Sanji we have today. Sanji's heart burns hotter than his flames, so yeah Sanji's DJ is dependant on Sanji's emotions.

Doggo

Judge and Sora are ordinary. Sora has emotions but is modified. The Vins have no emtions but they are modified. And Sanji has emotions but is not modified.

The thing is Sanji got his emotions from the drug his mother took. If she never took that drug, Sanji would be emotionless and modified like the rest of them. But since Sanji absorbed the entire drug for himself, instead of sharing it with the rest of the Vins. We now have the highly passionate Sanji we have today. Sanji's heart burns hotter than his flames, so yeah Sanji's DJ is dependant on Sanji's emotions.
Gonna reread the Sanji flashback. Brb
Post automatically merged:

OK.

Judge and Sora are normal.
Judge used his bioengineering on Sora when she was pregnant with Reiju, but Reiju kept her emotions.
So he experimented further, and wanted to remove the emotions. When Sora was pregnant with the 4 Jis, they had a fight and Sora said she wanted them to have emotions. So she took the drug. Now here's what's funny.
They say they analyzed ALL 4 of them and ALL 4 were succesfully modified. But Sanji was the only one different. He didn't manifest the exoskeleton like his brothers, and had emotions (Oda also mentions the hair color).
So, the modified genes ARE THERE, but they did not manifest.
It's completely feasible for Oda to create this "manifestation". It might just be a "mode" like a gear2, since his modification is not "perfect" like his siblings, but he still might be able to access it.
Interesting.
Reverse Super Sayan Sanji is actually a possibility. LMAO.

Also I just realized Sanji's mother shares the same name as the hero in the Germa 66 stories.
Vinsmoke Sora
Sora, warrior of the sea.
Hum.........

Last edited:

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
You can't simply run away from destiny.....

if recent spoiler is true, yes sanji is chivalrous by crying for women's help, it's technically sanji ask robin to clean his mess lol.. a man hiding in woman's back is truly chivalric lol
First of all, spoiler your message because the chapter is not out yet.

Second of all, Sanji was fighting against female enemies, he can't do anything against them. Nothing wrong with receiving from others. That's not the same as chivalry.

You can't simply run away from destiny.....

First of all, spoiler your message because the chapter is not out yet.

Second of all, Sanji was fighting against female enemies, he can't do anything against them. Nothing wrong with receiving from others. That's not the same as chivalry.
at least he could escape,not begging for women's help, he is crying for robin help to clean his mess of course this is assuming the spoiler is true..

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
at least he could escape,not begging for women's help, he is crying for robin help to clean his mess of course this is assuming the spoiler is true..
Sanji and Black Maria plot is unnecessary in general. Like there's no need for that. Even if it does happens, Oda should have executed it better. Sanji could have just run away or go somewhere else but Oda keep stalling Sanji back for no reasons.

Sanji and Black Maria plot is unnecessary in general. Like there's no need for that. Even if it does happens, Oda should have executed it better. Sanji could have just run away or go somewhere else but Oda keep stalling Sanji back for no reasons.
my point still stand, sanji as a man is failure.. he can't clean his own mess, and let women to do it.. assuming spoiler is ture

Doggo

It is necessary. It was used to hype Nico Robin. If people can't handle their favorite character getting some bad moments, I just feel sorry for them. I like characters with ups and downs, with both vulnerable and badass moments. Makes them more believable. Black Maria's plot serves 2 purposes.
1- It stops Sanji from going to the roof, so it will keep being 2 yonkos vs 5 SN members.
2- It allows for him to have a cool moment hyping Robin. People often think Sanji doesn't kick women because he thinks they are just these fragile creatures, but right now, he just tells to Black Maria's face that Robin is gonna stomp her, and that she is a capable fighter. This is very good development for the character. His "chivalry" becomes more like a "batman doesn't kill" rule, then some twisted ass chauvinism, like Mr. patrick star's over there.
Unfortunately it is dependent on hard PIS, because of all the tools Oda provided Sanji. But, hey, I'm always the first to criticize Oda on these narrative aspects of his storytelling. What can we do?

Sanji wanted to go to the roof to help Luffy assist the Scabbards, but now he knows the scabbards were already defeated and are being hunter down. His focus shifted from the roof, to the conflict below.

Yo @Zoro D Goat hear me out on this:

Queen, Judge, Vegapunk were all part of an elite science team in the past. They discovered how to manipulate DNA, and so, were all labelled as outlaws. Vegapunk as captured and then started working for the WG.
Judge and Queen escaped.
Judge used his knowledge to modify his children and create his clone army.
Queen used his knowledge to create a wide arsenal of biological weapons.
Now hear this.
Sanji's gene modifications happenned. They were confirmed by the doctors from Germa, he just doesn't manifest his special characteristics due to Sora's drug interference.
What if, during his fight with Queen, he is shot with some weird plague from Queen, and this Plague "counters" the effects from the drug Sora used? This would allow him to manifest the Germa modifications (temporarily at least, like a gear2).
This gives me mad Yu Yu Hakusho Kurama vibes. (not sure you've ever watched that one, though).
What do you think?

Last edited:

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
It is necessary. It was used to hype Nico Robin. If people can't handle their favorite character getting some bad moments, I just feel sorry for them. I like characters with ups and downs, with both vulnerable and badass moments. Makes them more believable. Black Maria's plot serves 2 purposes.
1- It stops Sanji from going to the roof, so it will keep being 2 yonkos vs 5 SN members.
2- It allows for him to have a cool moment hyping Robin. People often think Sanji doesn't kick women because he thinks they are just these fragile creatures, but right now, he just tells to Black Maria's face that Robin is gonna stomp her, and that she is a capable fighter. This is very good development for the character. His "chivalry" becomes more like a "batman doesn't kill" rule, then some twisted ass chauvinism, like Mr. patrick star's over there.
Unfortunately it is dependent on hard PIS, because of all the tools Oda provided Sanji. But, hey, I'm always the first to criticize Oda on these narrative aspects of his storytelling. What can we do?

Sanji wanted to go to the roof to help Luffy assist the Scabbards, but now he knows the scabbards were already defeated and are being hunter down. His focus shifted from the roof, to the conflict below.
Pretty much. But Oda could have executed it a bit better. Oh well.
Yo @Zoro D Goat hear me out on this:

Queen, Judge, Vegapunk were all part of an elite science team in the past. They discovered how to manipulate DNA, and so, were all labelled as outlaws. Vegapunk as captured and then started working for the WG.
Judge and Queen escaped.
Judge used his knowledge to modify his children and create his clone army.
Queen used his knowledge to create a wide arsenal of biological weapons.
Now hear this.
Sanji's gene modifications happenned. They were confirmed by the doctors from Germa, he just doesn't manifest his special characteristics due to Sora's drug interference.
What if, during his fight with Queen, he is shot with some weird plague from Queen, and this Plague "counters" the effects from the drug Sora used? This would allow him to manifest the Germa modifications (temporarily at least, like a gear2).
This gives me mad Yu Yu Hakusho Kurama vibes. (not sure you've ever watched that one, though).
What do you think?
That would be cool. Queen's plague can possibly trigger some kind of Sanji's DNA strands and allows him to have black hair along side with his Germa powers. Temporarily is fine since I don't want Sanji to rely on Germa power way too much. And yes, I did watched a few episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho but I don't remembered much at all.