Theory Sanji's Awakening

Do you think that Sanji was affected by his genetic modifications?

• Yes

• No

• On the Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
In an interview someone asked Oda why sanjis eyebrows r curled and Oda replied:

" Hey!! You there, sit down!! Now listen!! Everyone lives in circles!! The sun the moon the earth all spin in circles!! And!! If the Earth suddenly stop spinning!! The planet will be covered in tidal waves!! It would be terrible!! Now remember that sanji channels that same powerful circular energy!! Reflect upon this!! "

This is what I think:

When Oda answered the question of sanjis eyebrow there can be symbolism. The straw hats r the sun, the earth is nami and the moon is sanji. The majority of the reason y he joined the crew was because of nami.
The earth orbits around the sun and the moon orbits around the earth. (nami = earth, straw hats = sun, sanji =moon) nami is his world and if something were to happen to her he will lose control. Or spin out of orbit.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
In an interview someone asked Oda why sanjis eyebrows r curled and Oda replied:

" Hey!! You there, sit down!! Now listen!! Everyone lives in circles!! The sun the moon the earth all spin in circles!! And!! If the Earth suddenly stop spinning!! The planet will be covered in tidal waves!! It would be terrible!! Now remember that sanji channels that same powerful circular energy!! Reflect upon this!! "

This is what I think:

When Oda answered the question of sanjis eyebrow there can be symbolism. The straw hats r the sun, the earth is nami and the moon is sanji. The majority of the reason y he joined the crew was because of nami.
The earth orbits around the sun and the moon orbits around the earth. (nami = earth, straw hats = sun, sanji =moon) nami is his world and if something were to happen to her he will lose control. Or spin out of orbit.
Imagine cosmic Sanji?:hohoho::steef:

Very good theory i'm of the same mind, many evidences show that Sanji's power is channeled from his emotions, especially Hells Memories.

Also @Soleus the Sora explanation, Sora's ideal vs Judge's ideal through the comic book and the connection to Vegapunk with his failed experiment which Momo ate. All the pieces are coming together and it comes back full circle, it would be a narrative worthy of Oda's work.

Just one thing about the invisibility, Niji has shown to be able to activate this ability without his raid suit on while his powers are electricity related. So if Sanji awaken his modified genes in a permanent manner or strictly for the duration of his emotional state, in theory he should be capable of attaining invisibility without the raid suit and to manifest his own exoskeleton as well. Then of course all of these abilities would be superior to his brothers, thanks to his emotions.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Very good theory i'm of the same mind, many evidences show that Sanji's power is channeled from his emotions, especially Hells Memories.

Also @Soleus the Sora explanation, Sora's ideal vs Judge's ideal through the comic book and the connection to Vegapunk with his failed experiment which Momo ate. All the pieces are coming together and it comes back full circle, it would be a narrative worthy of Oda's work.

Just one thing about the invisibility, Niji has shown to be able to activate this ability without his raid suit on while his powers are electricity related. So if Sanji awaken his modified genes in a permanent manner or strictly for the duration of his emotional state, in theory he should be capable of attaining invisibility without the raid suit and to manifest his own exoskeleton as well. Then of course all of these abilities would be superior to his brothers, thanks to his emotions.
:watchout:

Sanji isn't like his siblings though so I don't think he will awaken an exoskeleton like them but maybe something more durable. Sanji is supposed to surpass his brothers in every way: speed, strength, fire power. Which are his brothers power.

Sanji isn't like his siblings though so I don't think he will awaken an exoskeleton like them but maybe something more durable. Sanji is supposed to surpass his brothers in every way: speed, strength, fire power. Which are his brothers power.
Yeah, its what i want, for Sanji to surpass his brothers in every way with his emotions. So he wouldn't need the raid suit and still be stronger than them. I hate the raid suit.

Why do you hate the suit? He's literally using it to save lives.
I get that and I can see the potential of the suit but it's just that sanji has used only his body as a means to get stronger and now he will need to relay on a suit and it won't make himself stronger without it. Like his siblings and even his father needed the raid suit to even keep up with Sanji and in whole cake they lost all hope when the raid suit were taken from them. That is y I think the raid suit is temporary training tool to get his fire power up (raid suit is fire resistant) and his speed if someone (king) was to destroy it.

Let's say zoro and Sanji teamed up against king, zoro will have to be on the same level of CoA as king and Sanji will have to be on the same speed and fire power as king.

Last edited:
I get that and I can see the potential of the suit but it's just that sanji has used only his body as a means to get stronger and now he will need to relay on a suit and it won't make himself stronger without it. Like his siblings and even his father needed the raid suit to even keep up with Sanji and in whole cake they lost all hope when the raid suit were taken from them. That is y I think the raid suit is temporary training tool to get his fire power up (raid suit is fire resistant) and his speed if someone (king) was to destroy it.

Let's say zoro and Sanji teamed up against king, zoro will have to be on the same level of CoA as king and Sanji will have to be on the same speed and fire power as king.
hmmmmm Has Sanji really been relying on the suit for power ? Or is that what you think is gonna happen? I dont think we actually know what Odas going to do with these characters.

hmmmmm Has Sanji really been relying on the suit for power ? Or is that what you think is gonna happen? I dont think we actually know what Odas going to do with these characters.
hmmmmm Has Sanji really been relying on the suit for power? No, yes that is what he thinks but there should either be a balance between the raid suit and his power so that he won't relay on it in the future or he will use the raid suit as a training tool to help him get stronger.

hmmmmm Has Sanji really been relying on the suit for power? No, yes that is what he thinks but there should either be a balance between the raid suit and his power so that he won't relay on it in the future or he will use the raid suit as a training tool to help him get stronger.
I dont see sanji training tbh. Theres not a lot of focus on his growth as a combatant in the series. Out of all the 1v1 fights he's had....Theres only 1 fight that sanji actually grew from and it was out of nowhere. And Oda probably only did that because his plan was for everyone in the grew to develop in enies lobby. If Odas intention is for the crew to grow this arc he'll give sanji something we dont expect again most likely.

Since we know the raid suits can't defeat commanders, as we saw with ichiji and katakuri. But idk there was a lot of emphasis put on the suits being fire resistant.....wonder if thats a plot point.

I dont see sanji training tbh. Theres not a lot of focus on his growth as a combatant in the series. Out of all the 1v1 fights he's had....Theres only 1 fight that sanji actually grew from and it was out of nowhere. And Oda probably only did that because his plan was for everyone in the grew to develop in enies lobby. If Odas intention is for the crew to grow this arc he'll give sanji something we dont expect again most likely.

Since we know the raid suits can't defeat commanders, as we saw with ichiji and katakuri. But idk there was a lot of emphasis put on the suits being fire resistant.....wonder if thats a plot point.
I'm not talking about training I'm talking about how it is fire resistant can help him have a stronger fire like how Enma is used but in the opposite way.

And that can be the same with all of the straw hat as they haven't had a serious fight since fishman Island.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Sanji without suit used named attack with satan theme "diable" or fire attack.

with raid suit, he used named attack with "cosmic/galaxy" theme. We know if that might be not canon because its just in anime.
But if we think about it, Sanji's mentor (Ivankov) had named attack "Galaxy" wink. soooo..

Sanji without suit used named attack with satan theme "diable" or fire attack.

with raid suit, he used named attack with "cosmic/galaxy" theme. We know if that might be not canon because its just in anime.
But if we think about it, Sanji's mentor (Ivankov) had named attack "Galaxy" wink. soooo..
I think Sanji's pride gets in the way of his full potential like while he was training in camabaca Kingdom I think he had to have picked up okama kempo from them and won't use it also with the raid suit, he has used it but won't accept his name. When he does he can then reach his full potential and even gain an awakening from that acceptance.