Powers & Abilities Sanji's exoskeleton drawback

Do you think Sanji's powerup will have a drawback?

• Yes

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 76.7%

• Total voters
If the drawback is some nonsense about Sanji “losing his emotions” then no, it’s still shit, because I know that’s getting resolved in two chapters and isn’t actually a disadvantage in a fight.

Ultimately though- does it need a drawback? I don’t remember the Vinsmokes being especially OP despite having a RS and an exoskeleton. Sanji has not turned into Marco here.

My problem with these powerups is more where they come from, not how strong they are. I don’t think Sanji having the same stuff as Yonji is all that earthshaking, powerwise. Tougher skin, stronger attacks, quicker recovery, honestly, it’s a bit like he’s eaten a dino DF.
this update has more perks than flaws definitely

whats startling about this PU is the fact that those common enhancements his siblings got ie: steel skin, fast recuperation, probably a strength buff as his siblings got (to what extent we don't know) stacked over his pretty enduring, conditioned,and already superhuman body (said to be pretty resilient and strong already) . You don't see him being placed top 15 (lol) all of a sudden by people for no reason.

Sanji doesn't have hardships and stuff he has to overcome like Luffy and Zoro. Think about all his powerups. Luffy and Zoro gears and Swords all come with learning curves and drawbacks. Sanji was handed a RS and its easy to use. Now he has Exoskeleton and he stands their a blocks swords.
Post automatically merged:

Or Maybe it will be like every other Sanji powerup where he has no hardships or anything to overcome 🤔
Have you forgotten about the existence of the WCI arc or what?

Everyone is assuming Sanji has regeneration , i don't think so , he regenerated because he's bones evolved to become an exoskeleton, he's not regenerating whenever he wants to, otherwise the vinsmoke siblings would have been FAR FAR more impressive against the big mom pirates.
As far as the durability , we know their skin is invulnerable to regular materials like bullets , thats why Queen regular sword broke , we don't know what would happen if Queen punched Sanji directly.
Therefore there is no need for a drawback otherwise Sanji would be too weak

Zoro's power up will be disgustingly powerful , that's why oda had the time limit thing with the medicine, this way he can't nuke the plot for a good piece of next arc
Sanji was saying his body was feeling weird way before his bones got broken, he already had the exoskeleton when it happened. Also, assuming that a yonko commander has a "regular sword" is crazy.

this update has more perks than flaws definitely

whats startling about this PU is the fact that those common enhancements his siblings got ie: steel skin, fast recuperation, probably a strength buff as his siblings got (to what extent we don't know) stacked over his pretty enduring, conditioned,and already superhuman body (said to be pretty resilient and strong already) . You don't see him being placed top 15 (lol) all of a sudden by people for no reason.
Well I think this PU will prove a life saviour for Sanji in the long run.

Have you forgotten about the existence of the WCI arc or what?

Sanji was saying his body was feeling weird way before his bones got broken, he already had the exoskeleton when it happened. Also, assuming that a yonko commander has a "regular sword" is crazy.
A scientist YC with an ancient Zoan is supposed to have a great sword and breaks it on top of that ?
It seems to me that Queen is barely better with a sword than Luffy and mainly carries it for show.
He has so many other weapons that the sword is quite redundant.
I'm also not sure if he has any technique with said sword.
So no, the crazy thing is to think that Queen is a prominent swordsman...

I don't want any drawbacks. I HATE this PU, but Sanji honestly needs everything he can get. He doesn't use weapons or his arms in battle and doesn't hit females. Too many nerfs already.

A scientist YC with an ancient Zoan is supposed to have a great sword and breaks it on top of that ?
It seems to me that Queen is barely better with a sword than Luffy and mainly carries it for show.
He has so many other weapons that the sword is quite redundant.
I'm also not sure if he has any technique with said sword.
So no, the crazy thing is to think that Queen is a prominent swordsman...
Queen used his sword to beat up on X-Drake and used it against Sanji after his snake attack didn't work. Saying he keeps it just for show or that he's barely better than Luffy is stupid.
You only have to look at his reaction after the sword broke to realize that he was extremely surprised about it. If he was using cheap-ass swords that broke all the time he wouldn't be surprised when they broke.

Queen used his sword to beat up on X-Drake and used it against Sanji after his snake attack didn't work. Saying he keeps it just for show or that he's barely better than Luffy is stupid.
You only have to look at his reaction after the sword broke to realize that he was extremely surprised about it. If he was using cheap-ass swords that broke all the time he wouldn't be surprised when they broke.
What, you think he has a fucking meito or some shit? That is just a regular shitty sword, no better than the sword any fodder in the raid is using rn, anyone would be surprised with a normal sword breaking after hitting someone.

Last edited:
What, you think he has a fucking meito or some shit? That is just a regular shitty sword, no better than the sword any fodder in the raid is using rn, anyone would be surprised with a normal sword breaking after hitting someone.
Yeah bro, Kaido's second strongest crew member is using the same shitty swords every other fodder is using, for sure.

I don't think they are meitos, if I had to guess I would say they are skillful grade of which there are 50.

Yeah bro, Kaido's second strongest crew member is using the same shitty swords every other fodder is using, for sure.

I don't think they are meitos, if I had to guess I would say they are skillful grade of which there are 50.
LOL Queen is not a swordman mate, he just uses a sword for show...Just like there was nothing particularly special about the rocket launcher Zoro destroyed before with a no named air slash.