Character Discussion Saturn appreciation post

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I love Saturn as a villain way more than I expected.

He's such an unapologetic piece of shit. The story never tries to make him seem sympathetic or any deeper than what he is. He's a loathsome, vile garbage heap who you want to see die, and I'm here for it. I love developed/complex villains as much as the next guy, but sometimes you just need a scumbag who you enjoy seeing get punched in the face, and Saturn executes that really well imo.

I also like how he's one of the few One Piece villains who doesn't feel "cool" in any way. With characters like Doflamingo or Kaido, while they were obviously horrible people, they were competent and threatening enough that they couldn't really elicit any kind of hate from the audience. Saturn, on the other hand, has been getting clowned on left and right. Even Big Mom, who was a straight-up woman child that got dunked on a lot, went out like a legitimate threat and was tanking some of the strongest attacks in the series. Hell, Saturn's "final form" amounts to him throwing a childish, deranged tantrum over the fact that he's losing to the very same "insects" he thought were so far beneath him.

Oda cooked with this guy. He's great.

Easily the worst scumbag in the series.
First because he acts like your basic CD
Second because he has been taking ruthless decisions left and right; not ''hard but just'' no no no, RUTHLESS
Last but not least, he obeys to some kind of lunatic (pun intended) entity

The worst!
Womp womp
Well, Saturn still looking much much much better than Clown Mom

I will never forget how Franky and Robin dealed with her and clown her at the begining of fight against Kaido
Post automatically merged:

Big Mom was so casual during this and she didn't even get hurt lol

I initially thought that Oda was going to go the more humanizing route with the Gorosei because we see them crying when they initiate the Buster Call against Ohara. Thought it would be that the regular Celestials were just evil dumbasses that the Gorosei had to rein in.

Seeing Saturn be just as unapologetically evil has been good though, so I'm glad that Oda went that route. Kizaru fills the conflicted antagonist spot instead I guess.

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
He's such an unapologetic piece of shit. The story never tries to make him seem sympathetic or any deeper than what he is. He's a loathsome, vile garbage heap who you want to see die, and I'm here for it.

Saturn is great, excited to see how Oda fleshes out the rest of the Gorosei! As for me, there is one villain post-TS that I'm more biased towards:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I like his demeanor. He's cold hearted and he hardly gave a damn about attacks he took.

Like there is nothing to worry.

But his design and fighting capabilities as a fighter looks mid to me

I also like how he's one of the few One Piece villains who doesn't feel "cool" in any way. With characters like Doflamingo or Kaido, while they were obviously horrible people, they were competent and threatening enough that they couldn't really elicit any kind of hate from the audience. Saturn, on the other hand, has been getting clowned on left and right. Even Big Mom, who was a straight-up woman child that got dunked on a lot, went out like a legitimate threat and was tanking some of the strongest attacks in the series. Hell, Saturn's "final form" amounts to him throwing a childish, deranged tantrum over the fact that he's losing to the very same "insects" he thought were so far beneath him.
This guy has been coping about the Gorosei for the past 6 months it’s honestly sad to see.

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I love Saturn as a villain way more than I expected.

He's such an unapologetic piece of shit. The story never tries to make him seem sympathetic or any deeper than what he is. He's a loathsome, vile garbage heap who you want to see die, and I'm here for it. I love developed/complex villains as much as the next guy, but sometimes you just need a scumbag who you enjoy seeing get punched in the face, and Saturn executes that really well imo.

I agreeee