General & Others Shanks and Mihawk

Reminds me of "but shared panels with Queen" to argue that King is totally not the Katakuri or the Beast Pirates (or worse, they're both the Katakuris).
Yeah, even though queen actually hyped king as impossible to beat, the fans that speak about the shared panels, never speak about the panel that Queen hypes king lol.
King and Queen are wings, as much as Zoro/sanji.
King is heavily underestimated, the dude didn't do a single huff, from fighting Marco and later Zoro, he is definitely the katakuri of BP.
Anyway, seeing shanks and mihawk at that page, only hype'se for the near future:steef:

Shanks, for about 430 chapters, got his hype from Mihawk. We knew Shanks was strong because he had duels with Mihawk (who we knew was strong).
It’s once we saw him clash against Whitebeard that we saw his strength on-panel.

If we’re talking about in-verse, who gets his fame from the other? It’s Shanks who gets his fame from Mihawk again.
Mihawk gets brought up by characters when interacting with Shanks. (Whitebeard mentions Mihawk, Ace in his novel mentions Mihawk). Even Shanks mentions Mihawk himself when talking about who gave him the eye scar. When talking about Mihawk, Shanks isn’t brought up as justification of his strength, we know he’s strong because he’s the world’s strongest.

It’s always
‘Shanks, the guy who used to fight with Mihawk, is an emperor’
Never
‘Mihawk, the guy who used to fight with Shanks, is the world’s strongest swordsman’.
Post automatically merged:

You are relying to a post lumping up Vivre Cards and databooks as one. I am explaining that they aren’t, and that even among databooks, there are pretty big differences.

It’s like everything I just said went above your head lol
shanks never got his hype from mihawk, the moment mihawk went to visit shanks just to inform him about luffy was the moment that I thought that mihawk was not above shanks, that could have changed in post time skip but in pre time skip shanks had and still as more hype

It’s like everything I just said went above your head lol
Shanks clashed with WB and splitted the Sky,he blitzed Akainu and cockblocked his punch,Shanks stopped the war,Shanks is also a Yonkou

Mihawk got trolled by Jozu,Postponed against Vista and was stopped by Croc

Mihawk does not scale to Shanks period

Zoro/Mihawk fans drowning in copium they have to rely on noncanon material to stay afloat.

Oda to good at sinking them to otherwise unseen levels aboard the S.S. Shambles

:josad:

Shanks and Mihawk being pretty much the same level has been established for ages now

The funny thing is I know a lot of people here don't actually care that much about Mihawk or Shanks themselves

Zoro fans care about Mihawk because Mihawk is his end goal so Zoro is confirmed to scale above wherever Mihawk is EOS. It's the same way Luffy fans view Shanks

It's just Luffy vs Zoro but using different characters

Funny how ppl will try to discredit these supplemental sources so quickly. Are we gonna throw out the fruit designs and power descriptions for Kidd and Katakuri's fruit as well? They are in the same magazine after all

Of course Oda doesn't look over every line, doesn't change the fact that this magazine is OFFICIAL.

It's one thing if these statements came out of nowhere but multiple supplemental sources such as vivre cards and databooks have corroborated Mihawk's strength and status.

The Vivre Card says Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in name & actuality, and that he is waiting for a SWORDMASTER that will surpass Shanks to challenge him.

We got databook Red that also states that Shanks is a master swordsman who once stood shoulder to shoulder with Mihawk

Still, none of this matters in the end. Mihawk's canon title in the manga is enough to tell you that he is Shank's superior. The issue was never about the veracity of the sources. Its about Shanks fanboys trying to convince themselves that a man who has always been known to fight with a sword isn't somehow a swordsman.

We've had that HAKIMAN nonsense being peddled for years only for Zoro to squash that nonsense himself when he attained conqueror's coating but people will still try to convince themselves otherwise

:yurazclear:

Shanks clashed with WB and splitted the Sky,he blitzed Akainu and cockblocked his punch,Shanks stopped the war,Shanks is also a Yonkou

BS.

A serious Shanks did that. Key word being "serious"

No-serious Mihawk tested WB with a non-haki non-name attack designed to cut flesh and blood and he required diamond to block it. That same attack bruised a diamond man.

No-serious Mihawk was interested in Vista's strength and wanted to see if he could be a potential challenge in the future. Unfortunately Vista couldn't even touch a non-serious Mihawk who wasn't even looking at him and focus on him for most of the battle.

No-serious Mihawk easily reacted to and blocked a surprise attack from Crocodile who didn't mess with him throughout the rest of the war. The same Crocodile who easily caught an admiral with a surprise attack.

Mihawk is the WSS. Shanks is a swordsman and is not the WSS. Shanks is weaker than Mihawk. No amount of headcannon will change that. We have never seen a single character in the manga force Mihawk to become serious.

Bleeding a non-series Mihawk doesn't scale to Shanks it's like believing Dragon mode Kaido is weak and slow.

I don't need a magazine to tell me this when the story presents it in our face but no one wants to believe it without a hard proof which should come in the story itself. And BTW the magazine added nothing new here what is written is whats taken from the story.

Mihawk dueled Shanks - Whitebeard thought of their duels as legendary.
Mihawk met a Yonko Shanks and didn't want to fight a lesser Shanks.

:cheers: But go ahead keep denying it with whatever makes you happy i will only tell you this :-
"Yes you are right and i am wrong :kata:".

Shanks the Yonkou was shouted at by Akainu and got ignored by Aokiji who proceeded to chase Law's Submarine.

Shanks the Yonkou was also ignored by Kizaru who also tried attacking Law's Submarine.

Shanks the Yonkou was also shouted at by a Vice Admiral.

Blackbeard tried to flirt with him and Mihawk outright ran away right? Shanks alone stopped the War right? His Crew weren't standing beside him when shanks said "We will" Fight you. But Oda made a mistake and he said "I will fight all of you".. :goyea:
But hes shanks right ? :endthis:Its not like a couple of months before Marineford someone came to him and scorned him for having 1 arm. Oh wait he was scared too. :milaugh:

Last edited:
What a shame that we still haven't seen Shanks in action even after more than 1000 chapters. I do hope Oda doesn't off-panel him with some bad excuse like Blackbeard killed him.

The schizo Lanjitards are always seething, this got nothing to do with your weak jobber, he's never going to be stronger than Vergo. :kobeha:

Last edited:
Shanks and Mihawk being pretty much the same level has been established for ages now

The funny thing is I know a lot of people here don't actually care that much about Mihawk or Shanks themselves

Zoro fans care about Mihawk because Mihawk is his end goal so Zoro is confirmed to scale above wherever Mihawk is EOS. It's the same way Luffy fans view Shanks

It's just Luffy vs Zoro but using different characters
The panel in the bottom says that Luffy and Zoro aim to surpass Shanks and Mihawk, this isn't news.

No matter how much bargaining and headcannon Zoro fanoboys state, the fact remains that Mihawk is not as strong as any Yonko, including Shanks. They know it and everyone else knows it as well.

He has never faced A Yonko, or fought a top tier, and when Yonko Shanks chellenged him, he ran.

Shanks Portrayal and feats are far ahead of Mihawks.Not tomention thefact that Shanks is connected to Luffy. And is also the Mid Generation Pirate King.

No matter how much bargaining and headcannon Zoro fanoboys state, the fact remains that Mihawk is not as strong as any Yonko, including Shanks. They know it and everyone else knows it as well.

He has never faced A Yonko, or fought a top tier, and when Yonko Shanks chellenged him, he ran.

Shanks Portrayal and feats are far ahead of Mihawks.Not tomention thefact that Shanks is connected to Luffy. And is also the Mid Generation Pirate King.

This is the type of fans that Luffy has always had, and people wonder why things are the way they are. :kobeha: